I hate to say this but...........

Apathy

wasn't 06 sort of a down year for USC?

If you count 11-2 and the 2 losses by a combined 6 points a down year then sure they had a down year. Man I wish we had down years like that around here.

We did. 1996 was that kind of year.

T_O_B

Combined losses 29 points which is almost 6 points.

I meant know a days not 12 years ago as well. I'll try to explain better from now on.

USC has improved greatly at the receiver position and at QB with a guy who can actually throw on the run.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought USC had Jarrett and Smith in 06 (I believe the game he was talking about) as well as Fred Davis, so if you ask me they haven't improved at the receiver position because it is pretty hard to improve on those 3 dudes. IMO

Ah I thought we were talking about 07. Yes had Jarrett and Smith and Davis, but no running game it seems. In the loss to UCLA they only had a net of 55 yards (and 9 points).

USC has improved greatly at the receiver position and at QB with a guy who can actually throw on the run.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought USC had Jarrett and Smith in 06 (I believe the game he was talking about) as well as Fred Davis, so if you ask me they haven't improved at the receiver position because it is pretty hard to improve on those 3 dudes. IMO

Ah I thought we were talking about 07. Yes had Jarrett and Smith and Davis, but no running game it seems. In the loss to UCLA they only had a net of 55 yards (and 9 points).

I agree with you about their running game that year. Total let down from the years before.

That game in Southern Cal really should have been a better game than it was too. Andre Jones dropped an INT where he could have walked into the endzone, and Nebraska recovered a fumble and would have walked into the endzone, but it was called back because of a USC false-start.

Probably woulda still lost the game, but i thought the gameplan that game was good. Every other team tried to punch USC in the mouth, and got punched back harder...Cally played in conservative, and if execution would have been better, it would have worked.

So, not sure why i'm talking about this now, but anyway..

That game in Southern Cal really should have been a better game than it was too. Andre Jones dropped an INT where he could have walked into the endzone, and Nebraska recovered a fumble and would have walked into the endzone, but it was called back because of a USC false-start.

Probably woulda still lost the game, but i thought the gameplan that game was good. Every other team tried to punch USC in the mouth, and got punched back harder...Cally played in conservative, and if execution would have been better, it would have worked.

So, not sure why i'm talking about this now, but anyway..

we also stuffed them on 3rd and long and the fumbled and it was advanced for a 1st... they went on to score