Big 12 Standings Still A Mess

Cy the Cyclone

Three weeks of games have not done a lot to separate the contenders from the pretenders in either division of the Big 12. The giant log jam of teams still remain and this week won’t go a long way toward changing it much

K-State (2-0) at Louisville (1-1). I already predicted a win for Louisville in this one and I’m not changing my prediction.

K-State 2-1

West Virginia (1-1) at Colorado (2-0). I predicted this one for West Virginia already and I’m sticking to my prediction

Colorado 2-1

Baylor (2-1) at Connecticut (3-0). Connecticut’s wins thus far are over Virginia and two high schools. Plus they are from the East which means they are inherently worthless and weak. Baylor will win this one walking away….

Baylor 3-1

Buffalo (2-1) at Missouri (3-0). Buffalo is off to a good start but doesn’t have the personnel to stop the Missouri offense. They’ll score some points, maybe even quite a few against a horrid Missouri defense but it won’t be enough

Missouri 4-0

Miami (1-1) at Texas A&M (1-1) Watch A&M become the first team in either division of the Big 12 to have a losing record this year after the weekend is out…well, I guess they and Baylor share that honor after the first week but still…

Texas A&M 1-2

Sam Houston State (1-0) at Kansas (2-1)…HA HA HA HA HA…who schedules these things for Kansas anyway…Captain Kangeroo?

Kansas 3-1

Massachusetts (2-1) at Texas Tech (3-0)…Another sacrifice of a Championship division school’s pride in the name of the all-mighty dollar…

Texas Tech 4-0

Iowa State (2-1) at UNLV (2-1) Last week I would have given this to ISU but with their crappy road record (last road win was during the Nixon administration I think) and UNLV’s win last week…the Clones find another way to lose

Iowa State 2-2

Rice (2-1) at Texas (2-0)…Rice may be the food of choice in Asia but in Texas it’s beef…Longhorn beef. Texas will harvest Rice in an easy win.

Texas 3-0

Three teams have bye weeks:

Nebraska 3-0

Oklahoma 3-0

OK State 3-0

After play this weekend the standings should look like this:

North

Missouri 4-0

Nebraska 3-0

Kansas 3-1

K-State 2-1

Colorado 2-1

Iowa State 2-2

South

Texas Tech 4-0

Oklahoma 3-0

OK State 3-0

Texas 3-0

Baylor 3-1

A&M 1-2

Feel free to disagree with my predictions but remember that I am…thus far…9-1 and have qualified for College Football Godship

I agree with your standings, but nothing really matters until Big 12 conference play starts...

Yep, they will all still be tied at 0-0. Other than a big matchup like Mizzou-Illinois, you can't tell much about most of these wins. You can tell something about the losses.

I actually saw UMass in person last weekend. They are/were a top 10 D1AA team, and after a terrible start played pretty evenly with JMU in a 52-38 loss...JMU couldn't stay with Duke in the 2nd half earlier this year...UMass will get eaten up by TTech. They brought about 50 fans down to Virginia...I think the turnout will be less in Lubbock.