DN Edtiorial on AC and TO's Reply

SwiftFan87

I found the most egregious violation of journalistic integrity the implication that the jury in Christensen's case had ignored evidence and made its decision because of his status as an athlete:

The jury complained about a lack of evidence. Anyone who watches Law and Order knows that sexual assault cases are always determined by video evidence, nine second DNA analysis and the victim's grandmother arguing for their credibility.

The victim's own testimony is completely flawed anyway. It was probably the other six-foot-three, 300-pound, bald, goatee-sportin' badass standing next to her.

Great job jury-way to keep this bastardization of Husker athletic tradition alive.

Writing an editorial should be pretty simple: State your opinions and marshal evidence in support. This piece only got half way.

Is there any evidence that the jury was biased? Or, is that just the only explanation that jibes with the author's thesis?

aww crap, citta wrote that? He should know better, both his parents are cops, his mother is in charge of the north precint. Kyle you screwed the pooch and you know it.

as a side note, i was in boy scouts and high school with him, he obviously never talked to either parent.

Do you really think that athletes get the same treatment as the rest of us?

My in laws are cops and they talk all the time about acquitals where they are very certain that the person was guilty. I guess I'm not sure what your point is here.

I guess you have to put me in the group of people that think AC was guilty and got away with it. As far as his being pput back on the team, it is inconsistent with what happened to the D-lineman.

TO is a legend but he is human. I'm sure he cares deeply about his players and it could have distorted his judgment. I think the chance to win an NC with Lawrence Phillips did as well. There is a good chance I would have made the same decision but I don't know that I think it was the right one.

Ethical and Illegal are different so the whole "We followed blah , blah, blah NCAA code of conduct" stuff doesn't do much for me.

This is the kind of stuff we love to condemn other programs (like Colorado) for.

aww crap, citta wrote that? He should know better, both his parents are cops, his mother is in charge of the north precint. Kyle you screwed the pooch and you know it.

as a side note, i was in boy scouts and high school with him, he obviously never talked to either parent.

Do you really think that athletes get the same treatment as the rest of us?

My in laws are cops and they talk all the time about acquitals where they are very certain that the person was guilty. I guess I'm not sure what your point is here.

I guess you have to put me in the group of people that think AC was guilty and got away with it. As far as his being pput back on the team, it is inconsistent with what happened to the D-lineman.

TO is a legend but he is human. I'm sure he cares deeply about his players and it could have distorted his judgment. I think the chance to win an NC with Lawrence Phillips did as well. There is a good chance I would have made the same decision but I don't know that I think it was the right one.

Ethical and Illegal are different so the whole "We followed blah , blah, blah NCAA code of conduct" stuff doesn't do much for me.

This is the kind of stuff we love to condemn other programs (like Colorado) for.

you feel this way because of what facts? you know why Dixon was actually kicked off of the team because of what?

did someone feel up the girl at the bar? YES

was it AC? i dont know, i was not there to see him do it. apparantly neither were you or I am sure that you would have testified for the prosecution. also, i am guessing here, no one else saw AC do anything either.

he was found not guilty, end of story in my book.......time to move on

I've always known the Daily Nebraskan, and in particular the "opinion" articles, sucked. This is just the latest example. Then entire DN staff and particularly Citta should be ashamed that this trash was allowed to be published, especially with the numerous factual inaccuracies.

"This is why I don't read the paper. Because it's GARBAGE"

- Mike Gundy