Thank You Beavers

It appears to me that when USC got off the plane in Corvalis they must have been looking for the nearest beach rather than the fb field. 'Dude, who we playin' again', they must have said.

COMPLACENCY!! Beavs, by contrast, played HUNGRY, like they were fighting for scraps on the dinner plate. It's amazing that they stuffed SC's O w new starters on the D line and new lbs, thus making it impossible for ANY underdog to make excuses ever again going into a game.

I hope Big Red models what the Beavs did last nite

Oregon State is a team that has had SC's number for awhile, at home. Shell shocked is my guess. And Quiz is truly a great little back. He was not recruited heavily by any of the Texas schools.

Anything can happen on any given day, but odds are if they played 10 time SC would win at least 8.

And what a class act Pete Carrol is. Nothing but praise for Oregon.

One comment out here is why does Riley always have the early season failures. They are a very talented team, that fall apart in the early season every year. Get the wheels on and make a good run every year. 5 years in the bowls and won all of them. Not a bad team, and not to be compared to Nebraska at this time. We will see how they end up this year. But for scoreboard they are way ahead of Nebraska on wins over the last 5 years.

SC was not playing New Mexico State.

So, come on you NU nay-sayers, and there are plenty around here, tell me why it can't be done. We're going to lose to MU, we will be lucky to eke out a win against Va. tech, oh, and of course we have no chance against TT.

There is no way in hell Oregon State with two losses already even competes against the semi-pro Trojans, am I right?

So, google all the facts you want, tell me why you don't think the Huskers have a chance. Oh, also, tell me why the 'any given Saturday' argument is such a myth.

Yes, i know that comparing Va Tech to San Jose St is stupid...but the situation speaks for itself. 14-12 going into the fourth....and pulling out a 35-12 "W".......Nebraska has not done a 180, they have a ways to go...but the heart and soul of the team is back! The team is going to give 110%........like the sker teams of yesteryear! aGAIN, IT WAS sAN jOSE sT...NOT usc OR Va Tech, but everyone out there has to believe that there is that little thing called the "WHO WANTS IT MORE" factor...Nebraska has it, don't count :box them out of any game!

Yeah skers, I think Carrol is a class act, I just don't think he's much of a coach. And, no, they weren't playing New Mexico State, they were playing Oregon State. What's your point? Both are un-ranked, non BCS schools. So NU's win over NMS looks worse than USC's loss to OSU? Huh? I'm not trying to be a d*&ck or anything, just wondering what the point is.

Gotta lover college football, Pete Carrol is a class act indeed, and it is tough to run the table, especially road games can bite you. They were't as ready as they should be, but Pete Carrol is still a really good coach. He just didn't get it done and maybe he learned something.

Am I the only one who looked at the OSU running back and thought of Cory Ross..... small, quick and playing with a huge heart and a ton of courage.

The USC loss was great for college football this season. The media "experts" had already crowned USC the national champion and now they have to back track and start looking at the games one week at a time.

Am I the only one who looked at the OSU running back and thought of Cory Ross..... small, quick and playing with a huge heart and a ton of courage.

The USC loss was great for college football this season. The media "experts" had already crowned USC the national champion and now they have to back track and start looking at the games one week at a time.

He reminded me more of Sproles!! Hate K-State but love watching that dude run!!

How did OSU manage to win? I didn't see ONE celebrity on their sidelines!

I was impugned last week for being crazy when I said that Pete Carrol was an average coach. His team just lost to Oregon State who almost certainly does not have one player on their entire squad that would start at USC. USC has a second team that is far, far more talented than is the OSU 1st team.

USC has no excuse to lose to anyone. But if the coaches let their team get over-confidant, lazy and allows them to prance in as prima donnas expecting others to bow to their excellence and roll over --- well then your team under-performs, and you lose (when no one in the nation has any right in even hanging with you much less beat you). You lose maybe only 10% of the time, but you lose enough that you do not win the # of MNC's as your talent warrants.

Carrol has been and continues to be an average coach. When he has typical talant relative to the teams he played (while not at USC) he posted average results. No evidence of "coaching up" is in his past. And now, USC these past 5-6 years should have won every MNC (based on a huge talent gap over the rest of the nation --- just look at the USC guys in the NFL!) --- but Carroll coached them down.

Thankfully Pete Carroll is at USC --- otherwise USC is almost literally unbeatable.

hmm, that explains why they couldn't win for nearly 20 years. That also explains why the Oracle John Robinson, who won NC's his first go around, couldn't get USC to win his second time around. That comeback is similar to if TO decided to come back and didn't win.

How did OSU manage to win? I didn't see ONE celebrity on their sidelines!

I was impugned last week for being crazy when I said that Pete Carrol was an average coach. His team just lost to Oregon State who almost certainly does not have one player on their entire squad that would start at USC. USC has a second team that is far, far more talented than is the OSU 1st team.

USC has no excuse to lose to anyone. But if the coaches let their team get over-confidant, lazy and allows them to prance in as prima donnas expecting others to bow to their excellence and roll over --- well then your team under-performs, and you lose (when no one in the nation has any right in even hanging with you much less beat you). You lose maybe only 10% of the time, but you lose enough that you do not win the # of MNC's as your talent warrants.

Carrol has been and continues to be an average coach. When he has typical talant relative to the teams he played (while not at USC) he posted average results. No evidence of "coaching up" is in his past. And now, USC these past 5-6 years should have won every MNC (based on a huge talent gap over the rest of the nation --- just look at the USC guys in the NFL!) --- but Carroll coached them down.

Thankfully Pete Carroll is at USC --- otherwise USC is almost literally unbeatable.

hmm, that explains why they couldn't win for nearly 20 years. That also explains why the Oracle John Robinson, who won NC's his first go around, couldn't get USC to win his second time around. That comeback is similar to if TO decided to come back and didn't win.

Gotta lover college football, Pete Carrol is a class act indeed, and it is tough to run the table, especially road games can bite you. They were't as ready as they should be, but Pete Carrol is still a really good coach. He just didn't get it done and maybe he learned something.

How many times does he have to learn the same thing? Complacency is the hardest foe sometimes...'they're all big games', OZ used to say. :yeah

I forget the yr-late '80s, early 90s?- NU/KU in Lawrence, went down to the wire, NU prevailed 21-20, although outplayed by the jbirds. THAT was a huge game cuz I think we were in the top 10.

I don't think in my lifetime-born '59-I had scene us lose to KU.

But that was the thing about OZ: he almost never lost the 'easy' games.

;)