Thank You Beavers

I forget the yr-late '80s, early 90s?- NU/KU in Lawrence, went down to the wire, NU prevailed 21-20, although outplayed by the jbirds. THAT was a huge game cuz I think we were in the top 10.

I don't think in my lifetime-born '59-I had scene us lose to KU.

But that was the thing about OZ: he almost never lost the 'easy' games.

;)

well we have lost to KU in Lawrence the last 2 times from my recollection

How did OSU manage to win? I didn't see ONE celebrity on their sidelines!

I was impugned last week for being crazy when I said that Pete Carrol was an average coach. His team just lost to Oregon State who almost certainly does not have one player on their entire squad that would start at USC. USC has a second team that is far, far more talented than is the OSU 1st team.

USC has no excuse to lose to anyone. But if the coaches let their team get over-confidant, lazy and allows them to prance in as prima donnas expecting others to bow to their excellence and roll over --- well then your team under-performs, and you lose (when no one in the nation has any right in even hanging with you much less beat you). You lose maybe only 10% of the time, but you lose enough that you do not win the # of MNC's as your talent warrants.

Carrol has been and continues to be an average coach. When he has typical talant relative to the teams he played (while not at USC) he posted average results. No evidence of "coaching up" is in his past. And now, USC these past 5-6 years should have won every MNC (based on a huge talent gap over the rest of the nation --- just look at the USC guys in the NFL!) --- but Carroll coached them down.

Thankfully Pete Carroll is at USC --- otherwise USC is almost literally unbeatable.

hmm, that explains why they couldn't win for nearly 20 years. That also explains why the Oracle John Robinson, who won NC's his first go around, couldn't get USC to win his second time around. That comeback is similar to if TO decided to come back and didn't win.

Well.... before Carroll, USC went 20 years with talent that ranged from slightly less than decent to pretty good --- and had records that went from slightly less than decent to pretty good.

Carroll can recruit. He is a great guy (seemingly) --- he is classy, likable and is in an easy spot to recruit. So he really reels in the talent --- and then allows them (admittedly keeping all that ego focused is not easy) to lose when by every right they should win, essentially, every game (given the talent differential over every other team in the nation --- even the Texas talent pales compared to USC).

Thinking wins over what we have played is the same as Oregon State is what I meant.

Oregon state is a winning program, not just a hick up on the schedule. You talk like they are a lower level program. Nebraska should dream of being on a level with them currently. And they are a BCS team.

They have talent, and a good coach. SC was not ready, there is no question, but to take anything away from Oregon State is wrong. They have a pretty good record over the last 5 years. One the Huskers would love to have I am sure.

If we play VaTech close or win, then we will have room to talk possibly, until then we have beaten no one and are looking at mirrors thinking we are better than we were last year. We will know this time tomorrow nite what we have. But be prepared for some major butt whippings this year. They are coming and soon.

Thinking wins over what we have played is the same as Oregon State is what I meant.

Oregon state is a winning program, not just a hick up on the schedule. You talk like they are a lower level program. Nebraska should dream of being on a level with them currently. And they are a BCS team.

They have talent, and a good coach. SC was not ready, there is no question, but to take anything away from Oregon State is wrong. They have a pretty good record over the last 5 years. One the Huskers would love to have I am sure.

If we play VaTech close or win, then we will have room to talk possibly, until then we have beaten no one and are looking at mirrors thinking we are better than we were last year. We will know this time tomorrow nite what we have. But be prepared for some major butt whippings this year. They are coming and soon.

Oregon State is a winning program.... <_<

At the end of the day Carroll will be hurt by Neuhisel (sp?) at UCLA. He will never truly compete with USC, but he will pick a recruit or two off pretty regularly, and USC will never be able to stockpile talent like they have now.

As for what happened. They are truly an undisciplined team. Malauga could start in the NFL right now, and Sanchez looks like he has all the tools. Wierd.

Anyway, dude, you need to step off the negativity. For such a professed husker supporter, booster and lover, you sure seem to be paving the way for the "I told you so post" after the first ugly loss. Hell, I still remember when you made the ulitmatium of ruining all of our lives when you said you would cease posting if Pelini was hired.

So, come on you NU nay-sayers, and there are plenty around here, tell me why it can't be done. We're going to lose to MU, we will be lucky to eke out a win against Va. tech, oh, and of course we have no chance against TT.

There is no way in hell Oregon State with two losses already even competes against the semi-pro Trojans, am I right?

So, google all the facts you want, tell me why you don't think the Huskers have a chance. Oh, also, tell me why the 'any given Saturday' argument is such a myth.

You have a point but then it again that can work both ways. Everyone in Missouri is happy about it because we believe Coach Pinkel's job of getting the team ready to play not only Nebraska but every other perceived weaker team just got a little (or even a lot) easier. They just might be a little more attentive.

And it's still very much a mental game. If not USC would have rolled last night.

Yeah skers, I think Carrol is a class act, I just don't think he's much of a coach. And, no, they weren't playing New Mexico State, they were playing Oregon State. What's your point? Both are un-ranked, non BCS schools. So NU's win over NMS looks worse than USC's loss to OSU? Huh? I'm not trying to be a d*&ck or anything, just wondering what the point is.

Carrol as a "total package" is a good coach..You need to include recruiting in that..Previous coaches there didn't seem to have nearly as many consistantly great teams..Those in consideration of being "Best ever".

Steve Sarkisian has to be one of the dumbest offensive coordinators in the nation. WEEKS of teams showing the blueprint to beating Oregon State...and they go exactly the opposite. Side to side, instead of up the gut.

Like our own Bo, He's still primarily a Defensive coach and will continue to have to rely on whoever his OC is for winning certain games..Especially in conference games where teams are more likely to scheme for you all offseason (Like we used to face).

Surprised there aren't more jokes about the Trojan/Beavers game..EDSBS

Trojans Can’t Pull It Out

Suffocate Trojans

Trojans Can’t Get It Up For Big Night With Beavers

Sanchez Dirtied By Beaver Attack

Trojans Can’t Come From Behind, Fall Short

22 Trojans, No Protection

USC to Sleep in Wet Spot

Faced With Angry Beavers, Trojans Flaccid

Trojans Penetrate into Soft Waiting Flesh of Beavers, Fall Asleep Inside

Beavers Poke Surreptitious Hole In Trojans, Snatch Victory

Others...

If the Trojan D doesn't stiffen up, it will never get penetration on those Beavers

After the innitial TD, Fowler just said "First blood for the Beavers".

The Trojans cannot find any room inside the beavers. It looks tight in there.

Beaver U knocks off the Trojans

Has the other USC ever played Oregon State?

(I bet the c&#036;%ks would pound the Beavers).

These Beavers are not tight at all tonight............they are playing loose and just letting it all hang out!

Since Oregon State pulled it off, they get to be "tOSU" for the rest of the year

-- Nebraska should dream of being on a level with them currently....'

You can never understand how ridiculous that sounds.

Thing is, Beavs will turn around and lose to UTAH, then AZ or something and end up w their 'cozy' 7-8 wins and say they had a 'great year'. :moreinteresting

I forget the yr-late '80s, early 90s?- NU/KU in Lawrence, went down to the wire, NU prevailed 21-20, although outplayed by the jbirds. THAT was a huge game cuz I think we were in the top 10.

;)

He kept his eyes closed - as in "I can't stand to watch this crap"

;)

He said HAD seen us lose to KU. And I agree the last two (of like 40) have been U-G-L-Y! Thanks a lot Fagahan!

;)

He said HAD seen us lose to KU. And I agree the last two (of like 40) have been U-G-L-Y! Thanks a lot Fagahan!

We should make a statue for BC outside our stadium in thanks. Well, no we shouldn't, but maybe just to erect it when you fine lot come to town. For the comedy of it.