The fire...

Army Husker

Ok, I just wanna know what everyone thinks. New (better) coach, working back to old school defense, same solid offensive game-calling...but does our team have the fire needed to make this a different season? I feel the same way as a year ago before we played USC; "The game that is supposed to define Nebraska's year". Leave aside the any given Saturday argument...do our players have what is needed to get this done?

Ok, I just wanna know what everyone thinks. New (better) coach, working back to old school defense, same solid offensive game-calling...but does our team have the fire needed to make this a different season? I feel the same way as a year ago before we played USC; "The game that is supposed to define Nebraska's year". Leave aside the any given Saturday argument...do our players have what is needed to get this done?

I think so, I have been happy with the ability of coaching staff to teach and make in game adjustments. Players seem to actually know what they are supposed to do on Defense. BTW, what unit?

you have to look at the 2nd half of the SJS game, you see a lot of fire from the players and adjustments that were made at half time.

last year against ball state, in the 2nd half you didnt see any fire or adjustments made at half

we have to see that fire all game long against VT and Mizzu.

if NU loses against VT in a close game, i will have to see how they come out against Mizzu before i make any real judgement

our team has fire....coach Bo helped light it....the effort will be there

And I was thinking the same...but Bo holding out the 'shirts really bugs me.

Caveman...in 1/145 AVN at Rucker...learning how to "drive the bus" instead of riding in the back!

Well enjoy it, I mixed alot with OH58-D pilots while in 1-10 CAV. Loved those guys while in the CAV, nothing like being a Scout PL and having Air Recon at your fingertips!

Caveman...in 1/145 AVN at Rucker...learning how to "drive the bus" instead of riding in the back!

Well enjoy it, I mixed alot with OH58-D pilots while in 1-10 CAV. Loved those guys while in the CAV, nothing like being a Scout PL and having Air Recon at your fingertips!

Well, if our playbook is anything like the teams, then boy help them! you think Bo holding out on the 'shirts helps us or hurts us?

Well, if our playbook is anything like the teams, then boy help them! you think Bo holding out on the 'shirts helps us or hurts us?

I think it depends on how he gives them out. I think the time is now, right before the VT game. The blackshirts were a Defensive Team identity that ALL D starters earned under TO. Bo made his point with the kick in the butt, time to pat them on the back a bit. I say that with the knowledge that any pat in the back requires a bit of fire and brimstone to go along with it.

I think the passion and fire is there, but is the athletic ability and depth there right now that's hard to say. I think a team can do alot though if they have the will to show people that they can do it. I think if we can beat VT it will definately help us against Missouri and it sounds like we are going to need it. Have fun learning to fly the Blackhawk, it is a Blackhawk right? I have a buddy who is a crew chief, but is thinking of becoming a Warrant Officer and going to flight school.

This season is already different. IMO, the point is mute. That being said, I believe that these players have pride in what they are trying to do. It doesn't matter if they are given blackshirts or not. They all get to wear the RED. That's motivation in and of itself. The players understand it more than us fans do. That's why they are the players and we are the fans. The blackshirts will come out when the time is right, and Bo knows when this time is.

I hope he does. Even though it's a prize for the D, it has to pass over to how the offense plays. I think there's still a better level we could, and have the ability, to be playing at, and guess Bo may be thinking the same??

I would concur with that, that is why I think giving them a "pat" on the back along with a decent/good win over VT will allow this team to realize its potential.

I think the passion and fire is there, but is the athletic ability and depth there right now that's hard to say. I think a team can do alot though if they have the will to show people that they can do it. I think if we can beat VT it will definately help us against Missouri and it sounds like we are going to need it. Have fun learning to fly the Blackhawk, it is a Blackhawk right? I have a buddy who is a crew chief, but is thinking of becoming a Warrant Officer and going to flight school.

I gotta say the athletic ability is there...maybe not depth, but they got game to say the least. VT will no doubt be the magic key for the conference games to come.

Put a boot in ur buddy's behind...no time than now to put that packet in. Get w'me off-line if u want me to drop a motivational word in for him.