Screwed

herbers42

I think Bo also learned a lesson tonight with his unsportsmanlike penalty. If Nebraska holds VT to FG there they might have tied the game later. He'll remember that, good learning moment for him. You got to take the good with the bad, and with the good fire of Pelini comes the dumb penalty. He'll learn. I bet T.O. will have a talk with him about the penalty.

No official "screwed" this team. Nebraska should never be in the position where an officials call in the fourth quarter decides the outcome of a game.

In closely matched games, bad calls from biased refs can decide who wins and who loses. It happens frequently in the NFL too. If not for that bad call, we very likely would have came back and won. However, the ACC sucks, and they used their refs to give their sh#t conference a win.

No official "screwed" this team. Nebraska should never be in the position where an officials call in the fourth quarter decides the outcome of a game.

In closely matched games, bad calls from biased refs can decide who wins and who loses. It happens frequently in the NFL too. If not for that bad call, we very likely would have came back and won. However, the ACC sucks, and they used their refs to give their sh#t conference a win.

This is just ignorance. Maybe the interception Ganz threw lost the game. Maybe the multiple long returns VT had lost the game. There are a handful of times where Nebraska had the plays in their hands to make a difference, and one play that Suh did hit the guy late, and WAS NOT PUSHED, did not make the game.

Btw, ESPN just showed the highlight of Suh making the late hit. He wasn't pushed, it was quite obvious.

I was quite obvious that Suh was doing his job. You can't tell him to act differently on that play. Persue until you run out of field, then dive to prevent a first down. It's too bad the timing was slightly off.

That being said, the huskers did not put themselves in a position to win the game. They were beat on both sides of the ball. It sucks that they still could have won but didn't. You can't put this game on the refs.

We can still play a spoiler role in our conference. Look on the bright side!

Basically, if you want to make the point in that stage of the game, the ref should not call that a penalty, alright. I don't agree with it, but it's true the hit was not vicious.

It was late, however. And he absolutely was NOT pushed into him. So hopefully everyone will drop that line of thinking. Simply watching the replay will show you there was no push, Suh dove into him.

After seeing the replay, I'm more convinced it was the right call.

Not that it really matters, but WTF why were Va. Tech's conference refs officiating this game?!?

Btw, ESPN just showed the highlight of Suh making the late hit. He wasn't pushed, it was quite obvious.

I was quite obvious that Suh was doing his job. You can't tell him to act differently on that play. Persue until you run out of field, then dive to prevent a first down. It's too bad the timing was slightly off.

That being said, the huskers did not put themselves in a position to win the game. They were beat on both sides of the ball. It sucks that they still could have won but didn't. You can't put this game on the refs.

We can still play a spoiler role in our conference. Look on the bright side!

That's the problem, his timing was off. The guy was out of bounds and he dove into him. Late hit.

Not that it really matters, but WTF why were Va. Tech's conference refs officiating this game?!?

Non-conference games typically have ref's from the visiting team. Especially in the high profile game. It's normal.

Wow and I thought it was an unispired first 48 minutes of the game that cost this team. Poor throws, costly special teams, giving up huge yards on kick returns, not getting off the field on long third downs and making it look like they were playing against the 85 bears defense and mike vick on offense. Yeah it was the ref's thats it. :sarcasm

Glad the boys made it exciting in the end and if TP hangs on to the ball who knows but we all have to face the fact this is going to take a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng time to fix the damage that BC did to the program and for Bo to mature as quality head coach.GBR!

Basically, if you want to make the point in that stage of the game, the ref should not call that a penalty, alright. I don't agree with it, but it's true the hit was not vicious.

It was late, however. And he absolutely was NOT pushed into him. So hopefully everyone will drop that line of thinking. Simply watching the replay will show you there was no push, Suh dove into him.

After seeing the replay, I'm more convinced it was the right call.

It's sh*tty, and I hated the call...but if I was a ref, I would've flagged it...

DISCLAIMER: If I was a ref, I'd quit and go work at McDonald's instead. Unless I was an ACC ref working on the road with an ACC team ;)

Non-conference games typically have ref's from the visiting team. Especially in the high profile game. It's normal.

Thanks for clarification...and even though I don't believe it was Nebraska's downfall tonight...THAT is a problem that the NCAA needs to deal with.

Thanks for clarification...and even though I don't believe it was Nebraska's downfall tonight...THAT is a problem that the NCAA needs to deal with.

It's been that way forever. Usually what the teams agree to when they agree to a home and home. Next year it will be Big 12 refs in Blacksburg.

It happens in every game. One conferences ref officiate the other conferences are in the replay booth.