Screwed

herbers42

First of all, it wasn't the refs that cost us the game. It was the POOR excution of our offense. Anyone of us would have been OVERJOYED if we had been holding VT to 15 points at half, the problem was our OFFENSE couldn't pull their head out of their YOU KNOW WHAT. Second, SUH cost us the game if that is the play everyone is worried about. If that would have been a VT player hitting a NU player, everyone would be calling him dirty. The fact is, SUH hit him late, it was obvious. BO's penalty would not have occrured if SUH would have had his head up his YOU KNOW WHAT.

We had them beat, and until we ACTUALLY come through, WE DON"T DESERVE ANY RESPECT!!!!!

At 1st I thought Bo was yelling at Suh for the late hit.

Just curious..How many of you actually blaming the refs (for real) are too young to remember the '82 game at Penn State where their last two completions on their winning drive were >5' out of bounds and out the back of the endzone? Scene of the crime (resulted in some funny looking outlines of Beaver Stadium on a lot of T-shirts)

NOePPSdNtqE

3XiH8mxa-Z0

Gill led Nebraska on an 80-yard drive in the closing minutes and scored from a yard out for a 24-21 lead with 1:18 to play. Todd Blackledge then marched the Lions 65 yards and hit tight end Kirk Bowman for a 2-yard TD with only four seconds left to give PSU the thrilling victory.

That was Nebraska’s only loss that season, and there are folks in the Husker camp who feel they were robbed in the game by the officials. It turns out they may be right.

Penn State tight end Mike McCloskey made a 15-yard catch down to the 2 to set up the game-winning TD, but there was controversy over whether McCloskey was out of bounds when he made the grab.

Even McCloskey has admitted he was indeed out of bounds.

In 1998, McCloskey attended a Nebraska function in Omaha and introduced Gill, then the Huskers’ quarterbacks coach. McCloskey owned up to being out of bounds on the controversial catch.

‘‘That’s the first time I’ve ever said I was out,’’ McCloskey told The Associated Press that night.

‘‘Maybe it was a good thing I was out of bounds because it kind of made me famous.’’

Proving that what goes around comes around, the Huskers may have felt they were robbed of a chance at the national title in 1982, while Penn State feels it was robbed in 1994 despite being undefeated. None other than Nebraska won the title that year.

‘‘There are no hard feelings, since we got our championship in 1994 and they didn’t,’’ Gill said at that 1998 event that featured McCloskey.

‘‘I know what happened in 1982,’’ McCloskey said that evening, ‘‘but that still wasn’t as bad as what the rotten pollsters did to us in 1994. We deserved a share of the title.’’

Dadgummit, I didn't get to see the game and therefore that play, but from what I heard from listening to it, VT pretty much outplayed us for most of the game.

We needed to stop that drive earlier anyway, but didn't.

Yeah, IF it was a bad call it sucks and I don't blame Bo's rxn too much, but neither penalty DETERMINED the outcome.

VT beat us fair and square and I think we have to commend THEM for playing nearly error free ball. ;)

I can not believe how many people are blaming this loss on the refs... what a bunch of sore looser cry babies.

Let me break this down for you people the best I can. First, 93 wasn't blocked into anyone, he dived in COMPLETELY on his own. Second, his low dive landed him head first on the QB close to two yards out of bounds. Now if that is where you land, doesn't it make since that his trajectory is what landed him there. And he lead with his head on a QB, the most protected position in football! It was a bone headed play and there is no one to blame but the player for making that hit when the other player was obviously down and out of bounds.

One more note... the Huskers getting back on the national stage is not a birth right and history does not make you deserving. Earn it back if you want an stop your crying!!!!!!! Otherwise prepare yourselves for another dismal 3 years!!!!

If you want to cheer lead for the ACC refs' biased calls that is fine with me. Just do not call yourself a Nebraska fan though.

he's not.

Nah. In the long list of controversial referee decisions, this wasn't close. We got more screwed by Bo Pelini taking that second 15-yard penalty than by Suh's late hit.

These things happen in officiating; it's not perfect. Sometimes it helps us, sometimes it hurts us. But fair is fair and 35-30 is the final score, and it doesn't do any good to whine about it. They had their chances, and clawed their way back from down 18, but couldn't put it together in the end.

Showed some promise, but a loss is a loss. We weren't the better team on the field today, because the scoreboard is all that matters.

I agree that the call on Suh was questionable, but Pelini has to show more restraint, he hurt the Huskers with his actions, no official can let a coach act out in that manner and not flag him. Now, the official could have flagged and given a sideline warning which in not penalized on the first flag.

Coach Pelini is very emotional, which is one of his attributes when it comes to coaching his team, he will learn he can't berate the officials even if he is right about the call, the officals won't change the call on the field anyway, and all it does it cost the team more yards in the end.

What's wrong with a few drunken tireades over the officiating? We all pretty much know our offense laid an egg, we had terrible special teams coverage and for some reason our DEs feel the need to abandon their outside contain responsibilities.....that's no fun to talk about!

As far as Suh's hit goes...meh, he was late,but it certainly wasn't a vicious cheap shot or anything, I think it would have been a good no call, but it wasn't and he was flagged. Life goes on. I have to wonder what Dr. Tom will say to Bo about showing your displeasure to the refs.

People need to quit blaming the officials, or a couple of deserved penalties, or the wind, or karma, or whatever else for the loss. Nebraska was playing a good football team with big, strong, fast, well-coached players. Nebraska played the first 3 quarters of the game trying to adjust to the speed and strength of VT's players. They also, quite frankly, looked intimidated by VT.

But Nebraska is also well coached, at least much better than before. They are still learning. And most importantly, they did not quit. Callahan had 4 years to install his NFL "me first, I don't care about the rest of it" attitude. At least that is disappearing.

As for me, I am encouraged by what I watched. I think that, somewhere down the line, Nebraska is going to beat a team that they "aren't supposed to". Then watch out, because the players will start to really believe in themselves. When a team feels like they will win, rather than hope to win, they become really dangerous.

We put ourselves into this situation and you can't start relying on the refs to throw you some bones in these situations. Your team should never be in a position where a call by the refs decides if you win or lose a game. We should've put ourselves in position to win this game and it just didn't happen. Also, I wouldn't trade Bo's fire and passion for nothing and would take that penalty again in a heartbeat. His fire and passion transfers to the players on the field. So the poster that was ridiculing Bo for this and calling him a bonehead can go ahead and follow Callahan right on over to the Jets. I would much rather have Bo than Callahan................

Here is what cost us the game.

Blocked Punt = 2 points

The 15 yarder on Pelini was a stupid one on his part. We should get ready though because this won't be the last one that he gets.

As long as we gameplan for Bo's blowups we should be alright... :thumbs