I Hate Our Offense

HuskerBCS

It isn't as much our offense as it is who we put out there. Our first 3 WR's are all possession WR's. While they are all good at what they do, they only benefit if they have compliments who are able to stretch the field to open everything up for them.

Put Paul, Curenski or Khiry on the field and let them stretch out defenses. Heck, put freakin' Marlowe or Donahue on the field. They at least have speed that teams would have to respect. That is granted they would be able to get off the LOS. :)

But seriously, quit trotting Swift, Peterson and Holt out there and expect defenses to even worry about anything going behind them. It's just not going to happen.

I agree. Paul could be a consistent playmaker and has the ability to make the big play against good defenses. Swift is one of my favorite players and he had a huge return last night on a max block (according to Pelini), but he won't even make a dent in the game against OK. IMO, Curenski just needs the opportunity to explode. This kid is overflowing with athletiscism and talent. They need to use him like Mizzou and FL use Macklin and Harvin. It would also help if the O-line could give the WRs enough time to actually get down field.

Drinking the :koolaid2: doesn't have a damn thing to do with this loss. I say a team with more talent give VT the game. If you can't see that mental breakdowns where the killer in this game, then your not paying attention.

As for our offense, what do you think we should do drop our hole playbook, and start running the option. RIDICULOUS!!!

You play to your strengths. Which we did not do last night. Get Lucky to be more aggresive and stop shying from contact, and for god sakes mix in the screen against an aggresive D! One or two screens all game is not enough to fool even an average defense.

no huddle two minute spread the WHOLE GAME! i am not positive. but if i think about it we might have had more yards in our last two drives(excluding the fumble) than we did the whole game. i said this last year too. we are so much smoother in the 2 min drill. we did this last year two. if the run aint workin stick to what does!

Its easy to move the ball when the opposing team is in a prevent defense and already has the game locked up.

As for our offense, what do you think we should do drop our hole playbook, and start running the option. RIDICULOUS!!!

Who ever said anything like this? I hate when people come on here and say sarcastically we should just go back to the option. People like this piss me off.

And I do think we should drop our entire playbook.....IT SUCKS. I never thought we should have kept Watson and delegated the entire offense to him (seems like we have). We need to run a POWER offense, not necessarily the option Bob.

So, you don't want us to run the option, we should get rid of our current playbook, get rid of the offensive coordinator, and run POWER? Like what? a wishbone? Flying wedge? Scrum?

Most people don't know what they want. They just want to run what works. If what's being run now doesn't work, it must suck!

Man, how long have you been around husker fans? :)