One maybe two more wins this year!

My prediction from january.

sticking to it so far.

Western Michigan Broncos Aug 30-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

San Jose State Spartans Sept 6-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

New Mexico State Aggies Sept 13-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Virginia Tech Hokies Sept 27-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS too much talent

Missouri Tigers Oct 4-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS MU is looking good

Texas Tech Red Raiders Oct 11-TBA Jones AT&T Stadium / Lubbock LOSS road game

Iowa State Cyclones Oct 18-TBA Jack Trice Stadium / Ames WIN

Baylor Bears Oct 25-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Oklahoma Sooners Nov 1-TBA Memorial Stadium / Norman LOSS it's OU

Kansas Jayhawks Nov 8-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS KU is good folks.

Kansas State Wildcats Nov 15-Bill Snyder Stadium / Manhattan WIN

Colorado Buffaloes Nov 28 or 29-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS CU is coming around, hawkins has something started there.

-- 6-6 lots of players back from a poor 5-7 team. first year HC, mostly new coaching staff.

-- 7-5 is possible as well, the CU game is pretty much a toss-up in my mind, only giving Hawkins the edge because it's not HIS first season!

GO BO!!

BEAT MIZZOU!!

CU will thump us.......6-6.

My prediction from january.

sticking to it so far.

Western Michigan Broncos Aug 30-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

San Jose State Spartans Sept 6-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

New Mexico State Aggies Sept 13-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Virginia Tech Hokies Sept 27-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS too much talent

Missouri Tigers Oct 4-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS MU is looking good

Texas Tech Red Raiders Oct 11-TBA Jones AT&T Stadium / Lubbock LOSS road game

Iowa State Cyclones Oct 18-TBA Jack Trice Stadium / Ames WIN

Baylor Bears Oct 25-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Oklahoma Sooners Nov 1-TBA Memorial Stadium / Norman LOSS it's OU

Kansas Jayhawks Nov 8-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS KU is good folks.

Kansas State Wildcats Nov 15-Bill Snyder Stadium / Manhattan WIN

Colorado Buffaloes Nov 28 or 29-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS CU is coming around, hawkins has something started there.

-- 6-6 lots of players back from a poor 5-7 team. first year HC, mostly new coaching staff.

-- 7-5 is possible as well, the CU game is pretty much a toss-up in my mind, only giving Hawkins the edge because it's not HIS first season!

GO BO!!

BEAT MIZZOU!!

CU will thump us.......6-6.

That has got to be one of the funniest things I have read today! :rollin

They looked awesome against Florida St. :laughpound

Wow 1 loss and people are saying the world is coming to a end. C'mon we are 3-1, We played hard against Va Tech, If that was callahan, he would of been playing so we wouldn't be getting beat badly

Yeah it was one game. If you payed any attention to football this weekend, anything can happen.

GO BIG RED!!!!!

Hey MU, KU, and CU

dont bother coming to Lincoln, we are phoning these in and you Win. Your check for the visiting team payout will be in the mail as soon as we get our check from TT, OU, and KSU since we will not be traveling to play these games either, because we will be phoning them in as a Loss.

Sorry Baylor, while you have a mobile QB, and are playing better football, we still feel like we have a chance against you at this time, but things might change in the next few weeks, so stay in touch.

ISU, at this time, we here at NU just cannot give you a free one right now, and we look forward to playing you in Ames

Sincerley

HuskerFan55

ZOMG!!!!!111!!!

we lost 1 game.....the sky is falling.....does anyone have the number to suicide hotline, the last one i called told me to jump

Before the season VT was a sure loss and CU was a sure win. Everything else seems the same. I don't see MU, OU, ISU, Baylor, KSU changing for any reason... let's break this down again; here are games where the outcome may somewhat be in question.

Kansas: Close loss to USF (overrated IMO) and the fact the game is later in the season (Nov. 8) and the game is HERE. Also, KU has not played anyone decent outside of USF, so let's see how they handle CU, OU and TT before we call this one

TTech: Have not played anyone yet, defense is giving up points. When NU comes to town it will be a BIG step up in competition. Also, our secondary has played very WELL when they haven't fallen asleep; it may be tough for TT to consistently throw the ball through the air (especially in the red zone).

CU: What does a win against West Virginia and a loss to Florida State mean? Seems West Virginia is on their way down and Florida State is on their way up. Eastern Washington 31-24; that looks questionable. CU has A&M, ISU, OSU coming into Lincoln. Will the weaker competition give them the confidence to win the game, or will it hurt them? I think this comes down to who improves the most throughout the year. The only risk I think is the potential for break down. CU has UT, KU, MU. We have MU, TT, OU, KU. That is the x-factor.

Having said all this I still stick with my previous prediction (identical to the prediction right after mine except I think it is too early to predict CU). We SHOULD be 6-5 going into CU and will have a bowl game. Too early to predict.

I have us at 8-4 headed to the Alamo Bowl...

Mizzou - Could get really ugly

Tech - Close loss

Iowa St - We take them to the woodshed and take out three weeks of frustrating losses

Baylor - Continue rolling...BIG W

OU - Surprising close loss

Kansas - Surprising lopsided victory

Kansas St - Tight win

Colorado - Tight win

Alamo Bowl vs. Illinois....VICTORY!!!

Hey MU, KU, and CU

dont bother coming to Lincoln, we are phoning these in and you Win. Your check for the visiting team payout will be in the mail as soon as we get our check from TT, OU, and KSU since we will not be traveling to play these games either, because we will be phoning them in as a Loss.

Sorry Baylor, while you have a mobile QB, and are playing better football, we still feel like we have a chance against you at this time, but things might change in the next few weeks, so stay in touch.

ISU, at this time, we here at NU just cannot give you a free one right now, and we look forward to playing you in Ames

Sincerley

HuskerFan55

ZOMG!!!!!111!!!

we lost 1 game.....the sky is falling.....does anyone have the number to suicide hotline, the last one i called told me to jump

Good one Rob..

roflmao.gifroflmao.gif

roflmao.gif

roflmao.gif

roflmao.gif

And for so many of you saying you didn't care about our record this year..Only that we didn't give up..You sure are devoting a lot of time predicting our Wins and Losses.

NOBODY's a gimme this year..enjoy the process..It could be worse..It could still be the offseason. :dumdum

We are just fine. We have a team that is giving 110 percent every play. Something we have not seen in quite awhile.

If you look at what we did last year and who we play this year, give credit for those teams improving and take into consideration of who they played and how they faired, you quickly realize, we are an average team, moving forward through a very tough schedule.

Some of us tried to prepare you for what was to come. In honesty we faired better than I thought we would, we played with heart, desire, passion and reckless abandon. Just what we need to improve.

We will win at least 6 this year, most likely 7. And like Florida an SC learned any thing can happen. This is going to be a fun ride. Just keep the faith and support Bo no matter how it goes. WE are doing just fine.

Some of you guys are being way to hard on the team. As a Missouri fan I can feel your pain..trust me. Yeah this may be a rebuilding year for you but I'm scared to death going to Lincoln even if on paper we have the better team.

The key for you is if you can get consistent pressure on Daniel from your front four. If you start feeling the need to send linebackers or corner blitzes you will be in for a long night.

Our defense needs work for sure. If you can pound the football on the ground and take time off the clock you have a chance in this game.

Nobody in Tiger land are taking you guys lightly. We are well aware of 14 straight losses in Lincoln.

Well...I have a feeling that alot of you are going to change your tone at the end of the season. Sure we only have one loss..........right now.

But facts are facts. I have consistently seen the same mistakes for four games. The main mistakes I have seen are: horrible secondary play (blown coverages) and below average pass and run blocking (how in the world does VT get a sack with three down linemen?). This leads to below average offenses moving the ball on us and our own offense not getting anything going. How long does it take to get rid of these "fixable" mistakes? Four games isn't enough?

What I'm getting at here is that if it isn't fixed by now, it isn't going to get fixed anytime soon. They are habits...not mistakes. Habits are not easily broken in one season. Do I think we are only going to win one or two more games this year? No. But I also think we will be lucky to get to 6-6.