Cy Has A Few Questions After V-Tech

A few questions and observations after the V-Tech game….

Can someone please tell Ganz to just call a play and run it without flapping his arms around and running all over playing traffic cop? It keeps giving me the impression that no one on the offense knows what the heck is going on.

Can someone tell Lucky to actually stride when he runs and to quit taking those little choppy baby steps? Here’s an idea…if there isn’t a hole where one is supposed to be, try finding one somewhere else. Worked a couple of times for Helu so maybe it’ll work for Lucky too.

I know the linebackers are young and pretty inexperienced but isn’t it about time for someone to tell them about containment…oh hell, throw the DE’s in there too. It would be nice if, in the future, we don’t let a good QB (and, lets face it, Tyrod Taylor is not that good of a QB) run unhindered on the outside.

Do we only recruit midgets as DB’s or do they just look smaller on TV?

I remember hearing…back in the old days of course…that a team that blitzes with alarming frequency is doing it to hide a glaring weakness among the front four. Seems we’re blitzing with alarming frequency...does this indicate some kind of problem perhaps?

Does the play action pass actually work if your running game totally blows….?

I think the guy in the middle of a punt formation is supposed to block anybody that gets through the line isn't he?

Was it just me or did it seem like it took a long time for the offense to get lined up and get their plays off?

Why can’t the offense play with the same intensity they showed in the final 2 minutes for the entire game?

I don’t mind the personal fouls or the unsportsman-like conduct calls…matter of fact, after watching Taylor coming off the field and on the sideline after the last TD, I would have applauded any player that would have drilled him again.

Swift is a good player…I wish we had him. Glenn has a chance to develop into a great linebacker before the year is over. Maybe Bo should consider letting him play on both sides of the ball. Sure wouldn’t hurt the running game any at this point. I don’t think we’re going to see anything out of Lucky…he probably would have been better off declaring for the pro draft last winter. Lack of depth on the defense…especially the D-Line…is going to be a killer. I was pretty happy with the way the interior stuffed the run (though V-Tech isn’t a world class rushing team) for the most part. I do think that Bo needs to pay more attention to his offensive unit however. I noticed a time when the offense was on the field but he was back at the bench diagramming stuff for some of the defensive linemen. Okay…with his background, that’s understandable, but as HC, I’m thinking he should probably leave that kind of thing up to his brother and not leave the offense in the somewhat questionable hands of Watson….

CY,

you seem like an old school type of guy so I am curious what you thought about something that really pissed me off.

I am sitting at a party with about 12 husker fans, watching the game and cheering on the big 12. NU scores, everyone is pumped. Then the ABC camera's show what I thought was "all night dance party" or a scene from a music video.

I am all for getting pumped on a big play, but crist, why are 6 husker players have organized dance partys on the freaking sideline of a game nebraska is LOSING. I damn near came unglued. Earlier mentioned husker fans in attendance look at me like I'm freaking nuts. But the way I see it.

1. there is still a game being played

2. and your still losing said game.

3. dancing is what you do with the girls after the game.

Maybe I am just old school in my thought. But I know my coaches would have flipped out, and if i was coach i would have too.

Just curious about your thoughts. And that of other husker fans too

CY,

you seem like an old school type of guy so I am curious what you thought about something that really pissed me off.

I am sitting at a party with about 12 husker fans, watching the game and cheering on the big 12. NU scores, everyone is pumped. Then the ABC camera's show what I thought was "all night dance party" or a scene from a music video.

I am all for getting pumped on a big play, but crist, why are 6 husker players have organized dance partys on the freaking sideline of a game nebraska is LOSING. I damn near came unglued. Earlier mentioned husker fans in attendance look at me like I'm freaking nuts. But the way I see it.

Maybe I am just old school in my thought. But I know my coaches would have flipped out, and if i was coach i would have too.

Yeah, that was sickening. I mentioned something to the people I was watching the game with. It was ridiculous.

Getting pumped on a big play is okay. Get up and cheer Nate off the field. Go congratulate him. Don't act like an idiot, especially when you are still losing.

I didn't see it since I was busy being pissed off because they waited for the extra point and a commercial break before they finally showed the replay of the return...stupid broadcast engineers :angry:

If people want to dance, they can join the dance team or the flag girls or whatever other pu&&y organization they have. If I was a coach and saw dancing on the sideline, especially if we were losing, they would be on the field today dancing...from the start of practice till the end of practice. Then, tomorrow, they could dance some more. Maybe even until Thursday. They like to dance...I would certainly give them the opportunity. That way...even if their talent level obviously regulates them to the bench, they will at least be able to put on a properly choreographed show for all their their adoring fans without being an embarassment to the team.

Mind you, that would just be for my own players doing some sideline dancing. If an opponent happened to do a little dance or finger pointing or nonsense like that on the field, I would certainly have no problem if one of my players happened to go "Lambert" and leave the dancer crawdaddying on the ground.... <_<

I didn't see it since I was busy being pissed off because they waited for the extra point and a commercial break before they finally showed the replay of the return...stupid broadcast engineers :angry:

If people want to dance, they can join the dance team or the flag girls or whatever other pu&&y organization they have. If I was a coach and saw dancing on the sideline, especially if we were losing, they would be on the field today dancing...from the start of practice till the end of practice. Then, tomorrow, they could dance some more. Maybe even until Thursday. They like to dance...I would certainly give them the opportunity. That way...even if their talent level obviously regulates them to the bench, they will at least be able to put on a properly choreographed show for all their their adoring fans without being an embarassment to the team.

Mind you, that would just be for my own players doing some sideline dancing. If an opponent happened to do a little dance or finger pointing or nonsense like that on the field, I would certainly have no problem if one of my players happened to go "Lambert" and leave the dancer crawdaddying on the ground.... <_<

Maybe they heard they were going to get three hot meals aday?

Maybe they heard they were going to get three hot meals aday?

Works at Iowa City.... <_<

CY,

Yeah, there should of been zero dancing on the sidelines, dancing is a no no on the sideline. I understand jumping up and down but don't be acting like the game is won, when your clearly losing.