Good News

Cox Communications has announced that they have plans to add a Fox Sports Net HD channel on Cox Digital Cable. It will be channel 745 and they plan to have it up on October 9th, right before the Texas Tech game!

Even though Fox Sports Net is a little novice in their coverage, it'll still be nice to watch the games in HD from now on, as I anticipate that from here on out, most of our televised games will be on this channel.

Just thought you all would like to know.

it'll be interesting to see the quality of this FSN HD channel .... i bet it won't be very good

I was getting the FSN HD channel when I had Dish Network and the quality was excellent.

EDIT: I mean technically (video and audio) the quality was good. I don't mean the quality of the talking heads, if that's what you meant.

Don't get too excited about finally getting FSN HD here in Nebraska. Time Warner introduced it in Lincoln in early summer. I was excited to see that maybe we would finally get some more hd channels on top of the entire 15 that Time Warner Cable offers. It turns out that the only programing shown on this channel are Kansas City Royals games. The channel is off air the other 20 hours of the day and it only shows home games. What a let down. However, they do show usually one college football game per weekend in high definition but then after that it's back to the test pattern. Hopefully for Husker fans, the one game that they show will be the Texas Tech game.

I'm sure 90% of the other markets in the country get this channel 24/7 but we in Lincoln are still stuck with horrible Time Warner Cable and our plethora of 15 high definition channels. I actually complained to Time Warner about this about a month ago. They told me that they have no more bandwidth and that it won't be possible to add more hd channels for a long time. Sorry to rant on the terrible quality of cable television in Lincoln, but I think a lot of people share my sentiments.