Bad football team

rome wasnt built in a day and NU wont be rebuilt in a year

Once Rome fell it was never rebuilt.

Thanks for the uplifting history lesson. :lol:

sh#t...well...I've been to Rome lately...and the city is vibrant, dirty, and Romans steal from foreigners all the time...maybe NU can build on that.

Just remember, Bo is coaching Callahan players.

You can fire a coach, but you can't fire the team.

Give Bo some time, a year, maybe two, even three if needed, before you get crazy on him.

The dude needs his own team, his own recruits, not Callahan's.

Sure, this year is gonna hurt, but we will be back soon, so suck it up already!

Meh, You can't change things that were instilled in a team over one year. The coaches are doing their job, I think the schemes are fine, we just keep shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties and mental mistakes. No f'ing reason to say the coaches arent getting it done at this point. My god.

Hey everybody we lost another game and nothing has changed, LETS ALL JUMP SHIP!!!

:bang f'ing pathetic.

We will be fine, get it some f'ing time.

I could very well be delusional here, but I just got back from the stadium (I live pretty close :) ) and, well, this is the excuse for the staff and team that I came up with while chatting with my dad about it on the walk home-- this is the result of 4 years of bad recruiting and building policies. Billy was interested in setting up as quick of a win as possible with juco and transfer players. Rarely did anyone in an important position rise through the ranks. We talked time and time again on this board how he wasn't interested in developing talent... well, this is what that sort of team-building philosophy gets you in the long run... a lot of underdeveloped players.

This could very easily be my own bias-- we'll definitely see in the coming years. But assuming that the lack of development we frequently discussed here, then this result makes sense. I had higher hopes, I thought this game was going to be a possible win... so my estimation is obviously wildly skewed at times ;)

I'm not calling for the head coaches head, but JHC, looked like Billy C was calling plays tonight. Get the ground game going, switch rb's, 4th and 35, 7 yd crossing rt, wtf.

I thought the only way we had a chance tonight was if our O kept us in it, They have failed to show for a couple games now.

Well, I think all of you criticizing the coaching staff and players need to march right down to practice tomorrow and let them know you're not going to take it anymore. Then you need to go out there and show them how to run block (since it is so simple) and how to tackle (since it is so simple). Sit Pelini down and tell him how disappointed you are in his team and tell him how to run it. While you're at it, go into the weight room and show the guys how to do a power clean (if you know what that is), and then go to Ozzy's office and tell him what needs to be done.

Petersen and Callahan had four years to screw this up. It will take at least that long to be able to compete with the big boys again.

I'm not calling for the head coaches head, but JHC, looked like Billy C was calling plays tonight. Get the ground game going, switch rb's, 4th and 35, 7 yd crossing rt, wtf.

I thought the only way we had a chance tonight was if our O kept us in it, They have failed to show for a couple games now.

Petersen and Callahan had four years to screw this up. It will take at least that long to be able to compete with the big boys again.

I'm hoping 2 more years is all it takes. Though you may be right. Next year we are going to have to start a new QB, and travel to V.Tech and Mizzou. There are growing pains ahead, I fear, but I for one will go down with the ship. Been on board to long not to. ;)

GBR!!!

GBR!!!

I love the Huskers as much as anyone, but after watching the debacle that was the first half of this game, this is not a goood football team. Honesty sucks, I know. You can't point at one weakness; they execute poorly in every aspect of the game. So, I guess you could say they are consistent. You can beat me up all you want, but it's a fact. And here's another one you can beat me up over: This coaching staff is NOT getting it done. I'm not calling for anyone's head, but Pelini and company are as much to blame as anyone, perhaps more so.

I'm going to say that I agree with this post. True, these are Callahan's recruits. But doesn't this excuse seem very familiar from 4 years ago when we were getting trounced 70-10 by Texas Tech and going 5-7? Now look at how that turned out. The fact is, this team has not improved even a bit since Western Michigan.

I love the Huskers as much as anyone, but after watching the debacle that was the first half of this game, this is not a goood football team. Honesty sucks, I know. You can't point at one weakness; they execute poorly in every aspect of the game. So, I guess you could say they are consistent. You can beat me up all you want, but it's a fact. And here's another one you can beat me up over: This coaching staff is NOT getting it done. I'm not calling for anyone's head, but Pelini and company are as much to blame as anyone, perhaps more so.

I'm going to say that I agree with this post. True, these are Callahan's recruits. But doesn't this excuse seem very familiar from 4 years ago when we were getting trounced 70-10 by Texas Tech and going 5-7? Now look at how that turned out. The fact is, this team has not improved even a bit since Western Michigan.

Well, they've had one spring practice session and one fall practice session. That is where you teach skills. Practice during the season is geared more to the upcoming opponent.

If we can get to 6 wins, and we likely will, we will be invited to a bowl game. Then we get that extra month of practice. Then we get spring practice again. That is when you will start seeing better results.

And I'm not calling for anyone's head, I don't think Pelini should be canned or anything like it, but who's lap do we put in?

Did you watch the post game press conference? You put it in Pelini's lap. He took full responsibility for the horrible showing as he should have. That's the best you can ask for.

Get off this team's back man. We lost to the #4 team in the nation. It's just not in the cards this year. But if you're so upset about it then go away, I'm sure we'll see ya in a couple of years when we're competitive again.

rome wasnt built in a day and NU wont be rebuilt in a year

Amen. I hate , I mean hate so bad this is gonna affect my mood for a week and Im getting Married on the11th. But Id never say my boys suck. So you sir are a dickbag . Please move on to a anti husker site if you want to put that garbage up. I swear we should only give internet to people who pass IQ tests. Scarlet and white for life.

edit" I was refering to the starter of the thread not Jhwak

Coach Pelini apologized for the performance of the team last night. That is refreshing compared to the double talk Billy C spewed.

It is interesting during the game Spielman mentioned that in his talk with Coach Pelini he was told that the coaching staff has simplified things as much as they can.

It is up to the players to start executing. At some point it should click and start to become second nature. I just hope that happens some time this season.