I've heard nothing but good things

KCTiger

about Nebraska fans. Keep your head up, your program won't turn around in one year. Just one point of slight criticism... Please never complain about Pinkel running up the score if Pelini keeps Ganz in the entire game and runs a play with one second left. I have no problem with what Nebraska did, but you have no room to complain about our team last year not giving up when your own team plays to the end to make it look more respectable.

about Nebraska fans. Keep your head up, your program won't turn around in one year. Just one point of slight criticism... Please never complain about Pinkel running up the score if Pelini keeps Ganz in the entire game and runs a play with one second left. I have no problem with what Nebraska did, but you have no room to complain about our team last year not giving up when your own team plays to the end to make it look more respectable.

Teams never run up the score - it's always the defense's obligation to stop them. Congrats on the win.

Respectable? Get a clue...we're trying to find an offense. You're a nitpicker if you think that Pelini is actually trying to come back and win or be respectable down 52-10...nothing mattered at that point, and you know it. And Pinkel is a tool. Thanks for trolling, good luck against OU in the Big 12 beatdown you'll get...again.

He wasnt trying to run up the score he was just getting some more practice in becaust trust me they need it. But at thsi point i dont think practice is going to help. Maybe jesus

I'm not saying he was. I have no problem with what he did. But if Missouri would have been passing in the 4th quarter I have a feeling people on this board would be complaining about running up the score. What I'm saying is that if you don't want your team to quit playing you shouldn't expect the other team to quit playing and run, run, run, punt witht he backups.

Respectable? Get a clue...we're trying to find an offense. You're a nitpicker if you think that Pelini is actually trying to come back and win or be respectable down 52-10...nothing mattered at that point, and you know it. And Pinkel is a tool. Thanks for trolling, good luck against OU in the Big 12 beatdown you'll get...again.

Calm down................. :blink:

Apparenlty none of you can read. The first thing I said was that I had no problem with what Pelini did. I guarantee 50% of you would have been bitching if Patton and Gabbert had been passing the ball. Like you guys said "the offense's job is to run up the score, the defense's to stop it". If in the future Pinkel decides to try to score int he 4th, you better not start bitching about it.

Calm down................. :blink:

3 posts...two with the game out of hand. :wtf

Apparenlty none of you can read. The first thing I said was that I had no problem with what Pelini did. I guarantee 50% of you would have been bitching if Patton and Gabbert had been passing the ball. Like you guys said "the offense's job is to run up the score, the defense's to stop it". If in the future Pinkel decides to try to score int he 4th, you better not start bitching about it.

Seriously guys. Y'all are a bit touchy after the loss....it is what it is, Pinkel wasn't being unsportsmanlike, and Mizzou had their day tonight.

A tough game to watch for sure - well, not tough for Missouri fans ;) - hoping for a better game next year! :box

I understand what you were saying, and agree. At the least, we should've had our #2 in there against yours, then working on his game would be ok, in my opinion. With a senior QB we need to get Witt or Lee a few snaps sometime anyway.

Hopefully in the next year or two or three we won't have to worry about being in this position again.

I have no problem with running up the score at all, you just should not use trick plays or anything like that to show off the other team like Pinkel did with that fake FG last year. Anyway IMO you gotta differenciate between the team that is up by 5 TDs and still trying to score and the one that is down. If you are down but still going for a TD that is clearly not "running up the score". So of course there is a difference between Pelini still going for it and Pinkel if he had done the same in this game. But as I mentioned before it would have been fine with me if Pinkel had done so too.

What I don't understand though, why did Pelini go with the first string til the very end? Why didn't he give other kids some playing time?

I have no problem with what Nebraska did, but you have no room to complain about our team last year not giving up when your own team plays to the end to make it look more respectable.

Trying to score garbage points when you're down is a heck of a lot different than running fake field goals when you're up by 20+ points on teams, which has been witnessed in missouri games twice over the past two years.

I disagree. That's not the same thing.

I think Pinkle is an a$$hole, always has been. But I don't think the score was really run up last night.