Lane Kiffen for New OC

JHaWk

i'm not too crazy about having a coach from the NFL just for the fact that they(most of them) don't seem to understand the college game... and i'm not talkin' bout Xs and Os either...some of the things that worked in the NFL might not work in the college game...in college , the talent level between the top teams and the mid tier teams is so drastic that it's not even comparable...look at bill callahan

i'm not too crazy about having a coach from the NFL just for the fact that they(most of them) don't seem to understand the college game... and i'm not talkin' bout Xs and Os either...some of the things that worked in the NFL might not work in the college game...in college , the talent level between the top teams and the mid tier teams is so drastic that it's not even comparable...look at bill callahan

Do you know anything about college football??? Kiffin went from college to the pros. He coached at USC and was responsible for bringing in some of the best recruits. It would have been interesting to see if TO would have given him a shot if he was available. And please do not think I am asking for a coaching change. I believe in Bo and what he is going to do for the program. I have a hard time swallowing these defeats...but I do understand that he needs to get the type of players HE needs for HIS system. You cannot tell me that having Kiffin on board would be a nice addition to a pretty solid staff.

Do you know anything about college football??? Kiffin went from college to the pros. He coached at USC and was responsible for bringing in some of the best recruits. It would have been interesting to see if TO would have given him a shot if he was available. And please do not think I am asking for a coaching change. I believe in Bo and what he is going to do for the program. I have a hard time swallowing these defeats...but I do understand that he needs to get the type of players HE needs for HIS system. You cannot tell me that having Kiffin on board would be a nice addition to a pretty solid staff.

to be honest with you i think people make too big of a deal about him having coached at USC..sure he brought in some good recruits at USC but what high player don't want to go to USC. they're USC. they can pretty much sign anybody they want. do you think he'll be able to bring in the same kind of recruits at NU ? don't think so..and as far as being a good OC at USC? true, but there's nothing fancy about USC's offensive philosophy..no more special than everyone else's. the reason they're able to do what they do is because they're more talented than their opponent. if Kiffen was the coach at NU with NU's current talent do you think he will have the same success like when he was at USC? I DOUBT IT....point is -what happens when he doesn't have superior talent than his opponent? is his offensive game plan so cutting edge so creative tha t it will make up for lack of talent?don't think so..just think what MIZZOU or OREGON can do if they have USC's talent... i think i know a little bit about college football thank you!

Good Lord! Nebraska just gets done running one coaching staff out of town (and deservedly so), and people here want more changes. Let these guys have a couple of years to do their thing. One of the reasons that Nebraska was so good for many years was that they were very consistent in their staff.

He coached at USC and was responsible for bringing in some of the best recruits.

YOU could even recruit at USC, I would excel there. Just get a list of top recruits from rivals and the phone numbers of a half dozen USC cheerleaders. The REAL friendly ones.

It's sunny cali, the beach, the girls, the sports media spotlight. You can't miss. ;)

GO BO!!