Where did the offense go?

well i did not watch the whole game while i was at homecoming myself, i took time out to watch the whole first quarter on a 13 inch TV. now. in the first quarter we almost seemed to move the ball aimlessly down the field on them. Ganz had 10 seconds to throw. I stopped watching and at half i go out there and its like 31 7 WTF? what happend to the offense to those of you that have good observation skills. and dont turn this into fire the offensive coordinator crap thread. just curious.

We need linemen on both sides of the ball really bad.

We don't run the ball very well at all.

When Joe throws its almost always a roll out to the right which becomes very predictable. If he throws to the left side of the field its very suseptable to int's.

Gonna take some good recruiting and lots of hard work.

T_O_B

Ganz looked bad after the first quarter. It's almost like he is thinking to much, or trying to do too much. The husker receivers looked slow, and didn't get good seperation. And when they did, they had a lot of dropped balls. I turned the tv off when the score was 38-10. I'd seen enough.

I think Ganz was pressing to get it all back at once and made some bad decisions. I remember sacks and interceptions that he really messed up on. It is tough against a team like Mizzou, when your defense can't stop them, for an offense. You feel like you have to score every time, and you press. He pressed, they made him pay.

We need linemen on both sides of the ball really bad.

We don't run the ball very well at all.

When Joe throws its almost always a roll out to the right which becomes very predictable. If he throws to the left side of the field its very suseptable to int's.

Gonna take some good recruiting and lots of hard work.

T_O_B

The line wasn't good, but by rolling Ganz out, it gave him 5-6 seconds to make a play. He had a lot of time. The receivers are lacking talent. I wasn't impressed at all with their performance. Too many former walk on receivers.

I think Ganz was pressing to get it all back at once and made some bad decisions. I remember sacks and interceptions that he really messed up on. It is tough against a team like Mizzou, when your defense can't stop them, for an offense. You feel like you have to score every time, and you press. He pressed, they made him pay.

I agree :yeah

Ganz reminded me of Favre last night. He was trying to carry this team on his shoulders.

I liked the fact that in the second half we came out running. We could have slinged the ball all over the field and improved our passing stats, but it seemed that the coaching staff wanted to send a message to the O-Line and the rest of the team.

Did anybody see him come off the field yelling at coaches in the 2nd half. I think we were in a 3rd and forever and ran a play designed to get very little. I understand the frustration but at some point, when your getting your a$$es kicked. Why not go for broke?

I think the Joe Ganz we saw last year is Joe Ganz. Making things happen with his feet, hitting good throws....and then a pick that leaves you scratching your head.

I also agree that when playing Mizzou, an offense feels like it has to score everytime they have the ball. Especially with our D.

Our O-line sucks!

O-Line is sad, they are not getting better, i don't know how many times i saw them get completely manhandled, then when we are getting some momentum one of them gets a penalty to kill everything. A lot of people can point fingers at the coaching stuff for a lot of what if's, but there game plan completely gets thrown out the window when you have guys playing as bad as they all did. Plain and simple we got beat by a VERY GOOD MIZZOU team, as much hatred that gets thrown around they do deserve respect right now. There is a lot ball left to play lets see how this team reacts to adversity and builds off it in the next couple of weeks to start turning things around. GBR!!!