Real Season Expectations...

Now that all the fans have ran out of the kool-aid and things really look bad right now there is still some light. I've said it many times and I still believe it, a 7-5 or 6-6 season will be a success and a bowl game will be a success. Everyone to start the season was thinking 9-3 or 8-4 and I just didn't see it. This is a tough stretch in the schedule and I think this team with Pelini will overcome these three weeks and turn it around where we saw what Callahan's team did when they saw adversity. This will be different I think. It just means that the fans NEED to be HAPPY about a 6-6 or 7-5 season with a bowl appearance rather than a 9-3 season. Fans just need to finally realize this season is a major building experience and that a bowl appearance would be a huge improvement from even last year. It can still be positive, just not what we are all used to. Got to walk before we can run boys.

before the season everyone thought that the offense would show up, which it hasn't...

This is true JHaWk and it's very disconcerning to all of us to see that it has actually failed miserably! This was supposed to be the strength of our team this season and they have gone down hill and that is all on the players for the execution and the coaches for preperation. They just need to figure out what they need to do differently to be successful. I still stand by my original prediction of 7-5 or 8-4 at best, losses to me are obviously VT, MU, TT, OU, and possibly KU. I think the rest of the teams we will match up evenly with as they are all having some problems as well. A bowl game is an improvement and that's all I ask for is improvement.

Western Michigan 47 - 24 (W)

San Jose State 35 - 12 (W)

New Mexico State 38 - 7 (W)

Virginia Tech 30 - 35 (L)

Missouri 17 - 52 (L)

---------Predictions--------

Texas Tech 31 - 45 (L)

Iowa State 28 - 17 (W)

Baylor 42 - 24 (W)

Oklahoma 27 - 38 (L)

Kansas 38 - 35 (W)

Kansas State 34 - 24 (W)

Colorado 32 - 38 (L)

Independence Bowl (L)

7 - 6 and I'm totally fine with that as a result.

Missouri 17 - 52 (L)

Texas Tech 31 - 45 (L)

Iowa State 28 - 17 (W)

Baylor 42 - 24 (W)

Oklahoma 27 - 38 (L)

Kansas 38 - 35 (W)

Kansas State 34 - 24 (W)

Colorado 32 - 38 (L)

Independence Bowl (L)

Ouch I would so rather loose to KU than to sCUm at home. I don't know about anyone else, but I am scared to play KSU this year. Not sure why, but I just am.

Missouri 17 - 52 (L)

Texas Tech 31 - 45 (L)

Iowa State 28 - 17 (W)

Baylor 42 - 24 (W)

Oklahoma 27 - 38 (L)

Kansas 38 - 35 (W)

Kansas State 34 - 24 (W)

Colorado 32 - 38 (L)

Independence Bowl (L)

Ouch I would so rather loose to KU than to sCUm at home. I don't know about anyone else, but I am scared to play KSU this year. Not sure why, but I just am.

Yeah I'd rather lose to KU than CU as well but this is just how I see things, though I also thought Mizzou game would be 52 - 38 :P Not too much we've beaten them the last 2 years and I don't see this being too different.

Missouri 17 - 52 (L)

Texas Tech 24 - 59 (L)

Iowa State 31 - 17 (W)

Baylor 41 - 31 (W)

Oklahoma 13 - 45 (L)

Kansas 27 - 31 (L)

Kansas State 38 - 28 (W)

Colorado 45 - 24 (W)

Bowl (W)

Season finish 8-5

@TT - a loss maybe even by 17 pts

@ISU - a win- easy

Baylor - a win- easy

@Oklahoma - definitely a loss

Kansas - a loss- but should be close

@KSU - a win- easy

Colorado- a loss in a close one- just because CU is further into their new coach and system.

6-6 a slight improvement from last year.

as always - opinions vary

BEAT TT!!

Missouri 17 - 52 (L)

Texas Tech 24 - 59 (L)

Iowa State 31 - 17 (L)

Baylor 41 - 31 (W)

Oklahoma 13 - 45 (L)

Kansas 27 - 31 (L)

Kansas State 38 - 28 (W)

Colorado 45 - 24 (L)

Season finish 5-7

I don't see a bowl game happening this year with this team. I also don't see anyway we will beat Colorado, which would just make my total season if we could. There is no consistency with this team, no run game at all. We are too one dimensional on offense, and other teams will figure that out quick, if they haven't already. This year is going to be ugly.

:angry:

Missouri 17 - 52 (L)

Texas Tech 24 - 59 (L)

Iowa State 31 - 17 (L)

Baylor 41 - 31 (W)

Oklahoma 13 - 45 (L)

Kansas 27 - 31 (L)

Kansas State 38 - 28 (W)

Colorado 45 - 24 (L)

Season finish 5-7

I don't see a bowl game happening this year with this team. I also don't see anyway we will beat Colorado, which would just make my total season if we could. There is no consistency with this team, no run game at all. We are too one dimensional on offense, and other teams will figure that out quick, if they haven't already. This year is going to be ugly.

:angry:

My take is that what happens after TTech will be very heavily dependant upon what happens at TTech. Lets say it is TTech 70-17 or so. If that happens then this team bellies up for the rest of the year and making .500 or a bowl game is unlikely. If it is 55-35 or so --- and NU plays hard and sort-of hangs in there a little bit, well... a .500 season is possible. That is, what will be the team psyche after TTech? if crushed then they fold the rest of the way out. If they leave Lubbock with some modicum of self respect then the rest of the season has some hope.