Bright Side?

Total Offense: MU 462, NU 369

First Downs: MU 24, NU 21 (this stat is a little deceiving as MU didn't need 1st downs to score)

TOP/Plays: MU 26:03 (58), NU 33:57 (73). See above for a little deceving.

Ok, no, I'm not going to insuant we could have won. What I am going to say, is we could have, and SHOULD have, kept it a heck of a lot closer. What caused us to get blown out?

Penalties: MU 1-15yd, NU 14-101yd

Turnovers: MU 0, NU 2

Rushing: 34-201-5.9 ave, 35-79-2.6 ave.

Penalties & turnovers can be corrected (I'm not sure if they will be but they could be).

Running 50% of the time, but only average 2.6 yards may not be able to be corrected. Throw more? Ganz was 26 of 38 for 290 yds or 7.6 per attempt. It may or may not work.

I'm not sure the point of this post, but to look for potential areas of needed improvement and try to see some positives.

mizzou had two penalites.

their 1st kickoff illegal procedure.

then the personal foul later on.....

i know thats nothing big, but it kept bothering me to see that 1 for 15 all day long..... i'm sure its the illegal procedure that isn't being counted, but after talking with a couple people that know a little bit, they both said that penalty should of been considered into that factor.

i know thats nothing big, but it kept bothering me to see that 1 for 15 all day long..... i'm sure its the illegal procedure that isn't being counted, but after talking with a couple people that know a little bit, they both said that penalty should of been considered into that factor.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. So did everyone else I guess.

I'm pretty sure the official blew the whistle on the kickoff because the ball had blown off the tee.

No, Nebraska couldn't have kept it much closer. Missouri might have played their starters in the 4th and solidified the thorough beat down. Missouri could have put up 70 if they really wanted to rub it in. They were not stopped all night. If there is any silver lining, it is that no one got seriously injured. Other than that, it is a reach. The offense was impotent, the defense is incapable of stopping anyone. This game could have been much worse if Mizzou kept their foot on the pedal and that is the sad thing.

No, Nebraska couldn't have kept it much closer. Missouri might have played their starters in the 4th and solidified the thorough beat down. Missouri could have put up 70 if they really wanted to rub it in. They were not stopped all night. If there is any silver lining, it is that no one got seriously injured. Other than that, it is a reach. The offense was impotent, the defense is incapable of stopping anyone. This game could have been much worse if Mizzou kept their foot on the pedal and that is the sad thing.

Yeah, you are right. We may have been able to score a few more points (I was thinking maybe 14 -- nothing to keep it close). But if MU would have wanted to, they probably could have scored 28 more. I was just trying hard to find something positive.

Statistics are for losers to find something positive in after a loss. And I'm not hammering on you. I look for the same things but didn't think to look Sunday morning because this game wasn't close.

I was impressed though when BoP was quoted at around mid-day that he had already been alerted to the accusation by CD of the incident that we have now closed.

He said he had already watched the replay of the game and didn't notice anything. He's going to be a winner and pull the jockstraps of these kids up to the next level!

GBR

Total Offense: MU 462, NU 369

First Downs: MU 24, NU 21 (this stat is a little deceiving as MU didn't need 1st downs to score)

TOP/Plays: MU 26:03 (58), NU 33:57 (73). See above for a little deceving.

Ok, no, I'm not going to insuant we could have won. What I am going to say, is we could have, and SHOULD have, kept it a heck of a lot closer. What caused us to get blown out?

Penalties: MU 1-15yd, NU 14-101yd

Turnovers: MU 0, NU 2

Rushing: 34-201-5.9 ave, 35-79-2.6 ave.

Penalties & turnovers can be corrected (I'm not sure if they will be but they could be).

Running 50% of the time, but only average 2.6 yards may not be able to be corrected. Throw more? Ganz was 26 of 38 for 290 yds or 7.6 per attempt. It may or may not work.

I'm not sure the point of this post, but to look for potential areas of needed improvement and try to see some positives.

Not to try to downplay your post.. well thought out..but in all fairness, Missouri quit trying to score at 52-10......

The entire fourth quarter we basically ran a read draw to the halfback....

MU could have put up 600+ yards and 70 points...

Just as Nebraska could have done the same to MU in years past....

Good Luck to the Huskers........ Kill KU!