Will Tech score get ugly?

rkhufu7

Huskers have had problems with the spread, and we are heading into king spread's house in West Texas?

Yesd I agree. It will get ugly. Leech has no sympathy and will score as many points as possible on his opponents. He really is a bad sport. I hate to say this but I see Tech winning by 6 or 7 TD's.....maybe more. Prediction- I'll say 63-24 Texas tech wins.

Heck yes it is going to get ugly down there when we win. Leech won't know what to do and the fans will be going crazy with anger. :horns2

I have faith that the defensive staff will come up with an awesome gameplan that will have some of them jumping for joy on Tuesday even though the game isn't until Saturday. <_<

Harrell won't know what to do with all the pressure he is going to be under and all the "TAKEAWAYS" we are going to have. We are going to run all over them as well and if that doesn't work we will pin them deep with our punting game. It is going to be awesome. <_<

Heck yes it is going to get ugly down there when we win. Leech won't know what to do and the fans will be going crazy with anger. :horns2

I have faith that the defensive staff will come up with an awesome gameplan that will have some of them jumping for joy on Tuesday even though the game isn't until Saturday. <_<

Harrell won't know what to do with all the pressure he is going to be under and all the "TAKEAWAYS" we are going to have. We are going to run all over them as well and if that doesn't work we will pin them deep with our punting game. It is going to be awesome. <_<

One thing that we are still missing is being able to make any half-time adjustments. We were really good at this up to the time when BC came along, then they just disappeared. Solich wasn't hot with it, but he was better than we have seen since. It is something that Osborne was a master at, too bad he don't help out Bo with it, or give him some ideas on what his approach was. It is sorely needed.

Husker Nation....

The game is going to be competitive. I really don't think Nebraska is as bad as it appears. Missouri is just that good.

As far as wanting to run it up. The main reason the score got out of hand the last time NU was in Lubbock was due to the interceptions in the second half. We returned most of them to around the 20. This offense can usually go at least 20 yards. I think NU had 7 TO's that night.

Over the last 3 years, Leach has heard the complaints about "appearing" to run it up. Actually, he really isn't, cause in the offense we run, timing, accuracy and doing the plays over and over are much better than practice. Reluctantly, he now puts the back up qb in pretty early now a days. Even worse, in the 56-14 win vs UMass, Potts (2nd string qb) came in early in the 4th. They ran horizontal running plays and would, what appear, to run out of bounds so not to score anymore. This really hurts Potts I think, but Tech is trying to be a little more gracious in winning now, but still, running out of bounds on a horizontal running play with no or little pressure. Which is really more embarassing?

I do remember however, NU running it up here in Lubbock several years back. 56-3. Frost stayed in the game very very late into the 4th. But as Coach Leach says, if we didn't like it, we should have stopped it. We didn't and couldn't. Y'all had a great team that year.

This game will be nothing like 2004, no way we score 70 or 60. At least I don't think so. Tech should win, but we are horrible on the 6th game of late. Mizzou 2 years ago and Colorado last year. SIGH

I see how the point spread is right around 21....when is the last time NU has been an underdog by that much??? I can remember a couple FSU games that were double digits to around 14...the 01 Rose Bowl was about 10 too, but more than 20??? And as much of a homer as I am, I think if I had to bet on it, I might take Tech. Yuk! that makes me feel like crap.

Husker Nation....

The game is going to be competitive. I really don't think Nebraska is as bad as it appears. Missouri is just that good.

As far as wanting to run it up. The main reason the score got out of hand the last time NU was in Lubbock was due to the interceptions in the second half. We returned most of them to around the 20. This offense can usually go at least 20 yards. I think NU had 7 TO's that night.

Over the last 3 years, Leach has heard the complaints about "appearing" to run it up. Actually, he really isn't, cause in the offense we run, timing, accuracy and doing the plays over and over are much better than practice. Reluctantly, he now puts the back up qb in pretty early now a days. Even worse, in the 56-14 win vs UMass, Potts (2nd string qb) came in early in the 4th. They ran horizontal running plays and would, what appear, to run out of bounds so not to score anymore. This really hurts Potts I think, but Tech is trying to be a little more gracious in winning now, but still, running out of bounds on a horizontal running play with no or little pressure. Which is really more embarassing?

I do remember however, NU running it up here in Lubbock several years back. 56-3. Frost stayed in the game very very late into the 4th. But as Coach Leach says, if we didn't like it, we should have stopped it. We didn't and couldn't. Y'all had a great team that year.

This game will be nothing like 2004, no way we score 70 or 60. At least I don't think so. Tech should win, but we are horrible on the 6th game of late. Mizzou 2 years ago and Colorado last year. SIGH

umm...

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SP...p;Q_SEASON=1996

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SP...p;Q_SEASON=1997

frost only played those 2 years.... so I'm not sure what you are talking about

Husker Nation....

umm...

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SP...p;Q_SEASON=1996

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SP...p;Q_SEASON=1997

frost only played those 2 years.... so I'm not sure what you are talking about

been looking for the game it was 2000 and it was crouch not frost. considering crouch only had 12 carries and his backup lord had 7 I dont think he was in the game late in the 4th....