This really... REALLY pissed me off...

Adam Watson, sophomore saftey.... was at the bowl tonight and some random guy came up and asked him what happened this past weekend. He said well, we got killed. "BUT IT WASN'T OUR FAULT. IT WASN'T THE PLAYERS FAULT. IT WAS THE COACHES FAULT. THEY TRIED TO GET TOO FANCY AND MADE IT TOO COMPLICATED FOR US TO LEARN."

no offense. these kids are students after all....BUT they are here to play football... they are going to school for free to play football.. it's their responsibility to learn these ... i understand the coaches take the blame for these things and not having the kids ready, but it just fires me up to see a player say its not their fault!!!!

:rant

idk.. maybe its just me?

Maybe they need to take it to the pee wee football level, take the team out and explain to the that "okay, this is where the 1 hole is, this is where they 2 hole is, etc. I don't know what is so darn complicated about running an offense or defense. How many teams before this one got it? We sure aren't running anything real fancy from what I have seen, the running backs could help themselves by not running into their own blockers and looking for a freakin' hole somewhere.

How damn simple do you have to take it for these guys to figure out how to do this? I don't get it...

We have 2 running backs that have to have the hole, where the play is called, and 1 that will look else where if its not there. Also 1 being wasted on the side lines, that can't do any worse than at least 2 of them, and probably is faster than all 3.

This may be confusing, but so is our running game :blink:

GBR!!!

Adam Watson, sophomore saftey.... was at the bowl tonight and some random guy came up and asked him what happened this past weekend. He said well, we got killed. "BUT IT WASN'T OUR FAULT. IT WASN'T THE PLAYERS FAULT. IT WAS THE COACHES FAULT. THEY TRIED TO GET TOO FANCY AND MADE IT TOO COMPLICATED FOR US TO LEARN."

no offense. these kids are students after all....BUT they are here to play football... they are going to school for free to play football.. it's their responsibility to learn these ... i understand the coaches take the blame for these things and not having the kids ready, but it just fires me up to see a player say its not their fault!!!!

:rant

idk.. maybe its just me?

That's just one player's opinion though. Doesn't mean it's the [formerfan]OMG TRUTH[/formerfan]

I agree on PART of that statement.

This is Pelini's first year here as HEAD coach.

We should stick with our base defense most of the time... I mean, the 4-3 is our BASE defense, right?

Why not drill that defense week after week after week until these kids can do it in their sleep?

Once they start perfecting it, stop making mistakes, then possibly think about running your nickel packages or your 3-Man fronts.

New year, new system, new coaches...

But it IS still on the players to perfect what they do... That IS what they are here for, and they SHOULD have faith in their coaches no matter what the coaches have them do.

What’s the big deal isn’t this exactly what Bo said on Saturday after the game? The coaches blew it not the players? Now IF this is true then the kid shouldn’t have said it however the coach shouldn’t be glorified for saying it publicly and a kid condemned for saying the same thing. IMO

Also IF this is true and I mean IF, wouldn’t this mean that this kid is throwing his dad under the bus as well? :dunno IF this is true doesn’t this go against all the talk that Bo would simplify things opposite of what Callahan did? <_< Or the fact that Speilman said Bo told him that he didn’t know how to simplify things any more for then he already has.

There are strange things a foot at the Circle K and this is going to get worse, much worse before it gets better. For all of us enjoying the Notre Dame season last year, we need to be prepared for our year to turn out like that. Man this Sucks. :madash

Nevermind though we are going to win on Saturday and run off 7 more victories on our way to a good bowl game. :horns2:koolaid2::moreinteresting

Nebraska football has changed on so many levels over the past decade.

I think everything has changed over the past decade. There is no personal accountability for anything anymore. This is a direct reflection of our great country. We hand out ribbons to every kid no matter win or lose. The government bails out big business and gets nothing in return. The two turds running for President can’t have a debate with out it turning into a finger pointing match and blaming the other party for the crap we are in. Safe Haven Laws, welfare, affirmative action, people suing McDonalds because they choose to eat 5 Big Mac’s a day, Super Sized and go sit on the coach for 5 years then balloon into a Semi Truck, celebrities getting out of crimes because of their fame, and so on and so on. People are taught from a very young age that as long as you have an excuse then it is not YOUR fault. :rant:boxosoap

I think everything has changed over the past decade. There is no personal accountability for anything anymore. This is a direct reflection of our great country. We hand out ribbons to every kid no matter win or lose. The government bails out big business and gets nothing in return. The two turds running for President can’t have a debate with out it turning into a finger pointing match and blaming the other party for the crap we are in. Safe Haven Laws, welfare, affirmative action, people suing McDonalds because they choose to eat 5 Big Mac’s a day, Super Sized and go sit on the coach for 5 years then balloon into a Semi Truck, celebrities getting out of crimes because of their fame, and so on and so on. People are taught from a very young age that as long as you have an excuse then it is not YOUR fault. :rant:boxosoap

:yeah

I blame Erin Andrews, we haven't been worth a crap since she showed up......She's the devil Bobby Boucher!

Mama Boucher: You gonna lose all your fancy "fools' balls" games! And your gonna fail your big exam! Because school is?

Bobby Boucher: The devil?

Bobby Boucher: Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like school, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good!

Bobby Boucher: And by the way, Mama. "Alligators" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"!

Bobby Boucher: And I like Erin Andrews, and she like me back! And she showed me her boobies and I like them too!

:yeah

Wow! Truer words have never been spoken.

How can any player on that field blame the coaching staff for a loss? The coaches aren't the ones on the field. The players are. Apparently can't accept the fact that the other team was better and more motivated.

Maybe the kid should get out of the social scene and into the weight room or film room.

He said well, we got killed. "BUT IT WASN'T OUR FAULT. IT WASN'T THE PLAYERS FAULT. IT WAS THE COACHES FAULT. THEY TRIED TO GET TOO FANCY AND MADE IT TOO COMPLICATED FOR US TO LEARN."

What doesn't make sense to me is how college kids at LSU (curently ranked as the 130th best National University and 10th best school in the SEC by U.S, News) can understand such schemes while college kids at Nebraska find it to be too complicated. I don't know if anyone on this board has ever been to Baton Rouge, but you don't exactly see the smartest bunch of scholars walking around there.

"I think everything has changed over the past decade. There is no personal accountability for anything anymore. This is a direct reflection of our great country. We hand out ribbons to every kid no matter win or lose. The government bails out big business and gets nothing in return. The two turds running for President can’t have a debate with out it turning into a finger pointing match and blaming the other party for the crap we are in. Safe Haven Laws, welfare, affirmative action, people suing McDonalds because they choose to eat 5 Big Mac’s a day, Super Sized and go sit on the coach for 5 years then balloon into a Semi Truck, celebrities getting out of crimes because of their fame, and so on and so on. People are taught from a very young age that as long as you have an excuse then it is not YOUR fault."

Yeah. Sad, but yeah. :angry:

Not 100% of the kids nowdays, but it is the prevailing attitude I've noticed.

How to turn that around? If anyone can do it it's Pelini. But I did notice that he is quoted as shouldering the blame for the blowout to the Missouri Garfields.

Should he have done tlhat?