This really... REALLY pissed me off...

I am sure the kids are frustrated as much as the coaches are. People do not always think before they speak and this sounds like one of those times. I am sure that if this kid truely feels that way he should man up and approach the coaches and discuss the issue and not air dirty laundry in public.

his parents didn't beat him enough as a child....oh wait he's an adult now...his parents still didn't beat him enough as a child.

What’s the big deal isn’t this exactly what Bo said on Saturday after the game? The coaches blew it not the players? Now IF this is true then the kid shouldn’t have said it however the coach shouldn’t be glorified for saying it publicly and a kid condemned for saying the same thing. IMO

Also IF this is true and I mean IF, wouldn’t this mean that this kid is throwing his dad under the bus as well? :dunno IF this is true doesn’t this go against all the talk that Bo would simplify things opposite of what Callahan did? <_< Or the fact that Speilman said Bo told him that he didn’t know how to simplify things any more for then he already has.

There are strange things a foot at the Circle K and this is going to get worse, much worse before it gets better. For all of us enjoying the Notre Dame season last year, we need to be prepared for our year to turn out like that. Man this Sucks. :madash

Nevermind though we are going to win on Saturday and run off 7 more victories on our way to a good bowl game. :horns2:koolaid2::moreinteresting

Nebraska football has changed on so many levels over the past decade.

I think everything has changed over the past decade. There is no personal accountability for anything anymore. This is a direct reflection of our great country. We hand out ribbons to every kid no matter win or lose. The government bails out big business and gets nothing in return. The two turds running for President can’t have a debate with out it turning into a finger pointing match and blaming the other party for the crap we are in. Safe Haven Laws, welfare, affirmative action, people suing McDonalds because they choose to eat 5 Big Mac’s a day, Super Sized and go sit on the coach for 5 years then balloon into a Semi Truck, celebrities getting out of crimes because of their fame, and so on and so on. People are taught from a very young age that as long as you have an excuse then it is not YOUR fault. :rant:boxosoap

Yeah, how dare politicians blame anyone for anything. I think you forgot to mention video games and radar. I'm sure they fit into it somewhere.

That is a load of crap.

Just watch the game. We have no division one speed. Our lines are not strong enough, quick enough. Our DB's are beaten by slow WR's and killed by talented ones.

The past staff was dealing with the lack of talent on the field. Take off the Husker Glasses and watch the games. We are not athletic enough to compete with true top 20 division one teams.

Blaming the past coaches is the easy way out. Realizing what we truly have and accepting that will get this nightmare over quicker. It migh even get the coaches time to fix it. But it is really beginning to look like we will have Pelini's head on a stick before the year is over.

Frippen unbelieveable

Let me start by saying that I'm a Bo supporter. I'm confident that eventually he will get this thing headed in the right direction, but this "lack of talent" argument is getting old. Every week I see teams with FAR less talent than us be competitive and occasionally pull off big wins against better more talented opponents. How are they able to do that? What's unbelievable to me is that people keep making excuses for things that may not necessarily be the problem. I like Bo, but right now I don't think that he and the coaching staff are doing as good of a job with the talent that they do have. I watched the game! It made me sick and it wasn't JUST because we weren't talented enough. Don't tell me game plan had nothing to do with it. Bo understands that , why can't you.

We as a fan base are the only ones that feel we have enough talent to compete.

Talent is the main reason, but, heart, determination, loyalty and dedication are in question too.

Most people outside the program feel we are far less talented. The VaTech fans were shocked by the lack of speed and strength. One made the comment they felt their team was down on talent on offense and had little trouble with us.

Every talking head, has stated we are way down on talent. I see slow, unmotivated play. Linemen being shoved back by smaller players and dominated on just about every single play. I see WR's that are not faster than other teams LB's. I see running backs that could not find a hole if it was on fire.

But of course the media knows nothing, are against Nebraska and just say these things to Pi$$ us off. I think someone posted on here that our team speed is about mid 40's comparatively. That would indicate a true competitive advantage I am sure.

So now we have been through the Solich staff, firing of Bohl, the Callahan ere and now half way through the Bo first year and we are fairing the same. It amazes me that it is only the coaching staff that is failing. We have heard for 8 years that we are a slow plodding team. Down on talent. But we see a dynamic team that is only losing because of this curse of poor coaching. How can we be so good at selecting all this talent but not find a coach that can coach them.

We had a man that had been in the system for years, lived and breathed it for his whole life. A coach that took his team to the Super Bowl, and a defensive coordinator from the defending National Championship team, and not a one of them have had a brain, do not know what they are doing, are failures with our talent laiden program. Yea that makes sense to me, if your a Jones level Kool Aid drinker. Keep passing it around, it is killing this program.

Mama Boucher: You gonna lose all your fancy "fools' balls" games! And your gonna fail your big exam! Because school is?

Bobby Boucher: The devil?

Bobby Boucher: Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like school, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good!

Bobby Boucher: And by the way, Mama. "Alligators" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"!

Bobby Boucher: And I like Erin Andrews, and she like me back! And she showed me her boobies and I like them too!

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

boobies-make-me-smile.jpg

Who stated that "this generation" started in the 70's? Last I heard a generation was about 20 years, which would have been in the mid 80's if my "old math" serves me right. We raised a bunch of spoiled brats that were handed everything they got without working for it...and it is becoming apparent with this team, nobody is doing their job. Name one player last Saturday that stood out. The whole team should have just taken the day off. Missouri could have racked up 70 on them if they wouldn't have backed off in the 4th Quarter. I am tired of excuses from everyone, or people that take the blame thinking it will impress someone. Impress me by getting the job done...

Jean Twenge... She has a PhD and wrote a book all about it... the book is called "Generation Me" maybe you should take some time to read it... and yes YOU RAISED. The majority of the problem comes from the way all these people were raised, which isn't their fault, since ya know, it's not like they raised themselves...

What a worthless thread. You should hear yourselves wallowing in self pity. Nebraska football, a storied football tradition in tatters, and unfortunately it isn't getting better. Think about it, the fan base expects any new coach that folows Osborne to retain his prior level of success. It isn't possible in an age of fewer scholarships.

Missouri's fan base expected the same following the resignation of Dan Devine. Year after year the fans refused to give each new coach the time necessary to turn things around. Even with the arrival of Pinkel, many wanted his head early on. I realize very few BR fans like Daniel, however, talent like his is irreplaceable. In fact, Pinkel is now a genius because of CD's arrival.

There is talent at Nebraska, but not at the level of bygone years. Name one University with tradition equal to Nebraska football, that doesn't also have a LARGE nearby talent base. It's going to take time, surely far less time then it took Missouri, to return to better times. BP has the reputation and NE has the history, recruiting will improve. The fruits of his efforts will take time. When BP says his schemes are basic, and shouldn't be a problem at this juncture, then in all probability talent IS the issue. Certainly you don't expect him to say it out loud do you?

BP got top flight effort from his kids last weekend, they were just overwhelmed offensively. It is frustrating, especially for the players, when they expected a more competitive outcome. Give BP support and time, top recruits hesitate to support a program with a revolving door of head coaches.

Trust me, it took Mizzou a long time to find their way out of obscurity. They may not even be top 25 next year. Though I do know the ground work is still being laid for future success. I'm not gloating when I say Blaine Gabbert would not have considered Mizzou even 3 years ago. BR fans that believe the talent is there are wrong. Those that are beginning to blame BP are also wrong. You need a new mind set as a fan base if you intend to turn this around more quickly, you need patience.

GBR

Do any of you actually follow football.

This coach is the defending National Champion DC for LSU.

He ran the defense in the most competitive conference in the country. He had All Americans playing for him there, talent galore. He did the job.

Do you really believe this is a coaching problem. This has nothing to do with them not coaching, it is not taking or is not possible. This is talent, the lack of it period.

We didn't have it last year and we lost some of what little we had. This is a team down athletically and experience wise from last year.

Think about what you are writing.

I think the problem has more to do with attitude than with talent. Last year really took its toll on the psychy of these players I'm afraid. Now, they're scared. They're scared of making mistakes and are thinking too much which is causing mistakes. Just like winning becomes contagious, so does losing. Then players start to play for themselves rather than play for the team and for the coach. I'm not seeing this as much as last year. We just need something good to happen to calm everyone down.

What a worthless thread. You should hear yourselves wallowing in self pity. Nebraska football, a storied football tradition in tatters, and unfortunately it isn't getting better. Think about it, the fan base expects any new coach that folows Osborne to retain his prior level of success. It isn't possible in an age of fewer scholarships.

Missouri's fan base expected the same following the resignation of Dan Devine. Year after year the fans refused to give each new coach the time necessary to turn things around. Even with the arrival of Pinkel, many wanted his head early on. I realize very few BR fans like Daniel, however, talent like his is irreplaceable. In fact, Pinkel is now a genius because of CD's arrival.

There is talent at Nebraska, but not at the level of bygone years. Name one University with tradition equal to Nebraska football, that doesn't also have a LARGE nearby talent base. It's going to take time, surely far less time then it took Missouri, to return to better times. BP has the reputation and NE has the history, recruiting will improve. The fruits of his efforts will take time. When BP says his schemes are basic, and shouldn't be a problem at this juncture, then in all probability talent IS the issue. Certainly you don't expect him to say it out loud do you?

BP got top flight effort from his kids last weekend, they were just overwhelmed offensively. It is frustrating, especially for the players, when they expected a more competitive outcome. Give BP support and time, top recruits hesitate to support a program with a revolving door of head coaches.

Trust me, it took Mizzou a long time to find their way out of obscurity. They may not even be top 25 next year. Though I do know the ground work is still being laid for future success. I'm not gloating when I say Blaine Gabbert would not have considered Mizzou even 3 years ago. BR fans that believe the talent is there are wrong. Those that are beginning to blame BP are also wrong. You need a new mind set as a fan base if you intend to turn this around more quickly, you need patience.

GBR

thats not even what the thread is about... maybe you should read the opening post if you would like to see what it is about... it's not NEARLY as worthless of a thread as your comment within it.

thanks.

Do any of you actually follow football.

This coach is the defending National Champion DC for LSU.

He ran the defense in the most competitive conference in the country. He had All Americans playing for him there, talent galore. He did the job.

Do you really believe this is a coaching problem. This has nothing to do with them not coaching, it is not taking or is not possible. This is talent, the lack of it period.

We didn't have it last year and we lost some of what little we had. This is a team down athletically and experience wise from last year.

Think about what you are writing.

I think the problem has more to do with attitude than with talent. Last year really took its toll on the psychy of these players I'm afraid. Now, they're scared. They're scared of making mistakes and are thinking too much which is causing mistakes. Just like winning becomes contagious, so does losing. Then players start to play for themselves rather than play for the team and for the coach. I'm not seeing this as much as last year. We just need something good to happen to calm everyone down.

I'd pretty much agree. I don't know if scared is the right word, seems to me it's more like they are just pressing too hard not to screw up, to please their coaches, the fans and to make something good happen. A win here would go along way towards calming everyone's the nerves.

Hey Mr. Havoc,

I'm just passin thru. I don't have a dog in this fight.

You obviously don't have to take my word for what I see or hear. However, remember all those years of the sea of red applauding the visiting team following the annual thrashing by the vaunted big red? Well, don't look now, however that ever present sea of red was somewhat invisible during the 4th quarter. That did however somewhat alleviate an anticipated post-game traffic jam.

Based upon your response, I can only assume all that prior sportsmanship talk over the years was somewhat hollow, hypocrisy in disguise. I didn't come to Huskerboard to gloat, and your response was certainly less than stellar. I'm certain you represent the exception and not the rule regarding a proud Nebraska fan base. Over the next few years we shall see.

A message board should provide both give and take. However in your response, you apparently believed this to mean when someone "gives" an opinion you don't agree with, then you should "take" exception.

Wallow on......

Well frankly I have had about enough of the coachs taking all the blame for the bad play, once or twice but thats all that comes out of these coachs mouths "its my fault I didnt coach good enough" bull-hit.. The players job is to go out an give 100%, if a player doesnt then theres a bunch more behind him that will.. I am just tired of hearing it, lets play football.. I understand why the coaches are taking the blame, but I dont want to hear from the coaches I want to hear the players step up be men an say its my fault and I will do my best to correct it.. Now I know there have been players that have done this but we need more.. No more excuses lets see them do what there suppose to an let the blame game end!!