"bye week against Nebraska"

robsker

It was painful folks. I was flipping through the College Football Show" on the College Sports Network and the guy there, when addressing the Missouri game for this week said "Missouri is fresh off a bye week against Nebraska." It was painful that NU is again being mocked on the national stage. I am at a loss as to why so many media types revel in Nebraska's being down. With Miami and Florida State and with other powers down I don't hear the press mocking them. Maybe it is because NU is so down. I am not sure, but it is noticeable that many are pleased that NU is a doormat. It seems wrong.

I agree, the amount of un-professionalism that is displayed by alot of the major networks is dis-heartening

at best. Granted, the old gray mare ain't what she used to be, but to actively and purposely attack a program that is obviously in a downward trend is dare I say "Bush league". It's too bad that one of the major journalist universities resides in Missouri. I dont think that helps either <_<

You never hear the media mocking Notre Dame. even though they had an even worse season last year than NU. I should write a letter haha

I was thrilled with ND's season last year, not sure why those guys bug me so goddmn much, but they do!...and I'm Catholic for chrissakes. (not a very good one mind you)

Calling it a "bye week against Nebraska" is almost as much a slap in the face to

Missouri as it is to us; they had to play hard, sweat, bleed and sustain injuries

from whistle to whistle during the game just like our players did.

Saying it was a cake walk insults the hard work and efforts of the winning team.

You never hear the media mocking Notre Dame. even though they had an even worse season last year than NU. I should write a letter haha

Although I think some people just like to rub it in **cough, mark may, cough**, it really isnt anything different then they say about other bad teams. Right now NU just isnt very good.

Jhawk, I heard plenty of ragging on Notre Dame last year. Even this year there has been alot of talk about how they are phony. Playing a really weak schedual. I heard one national guy on ESPN say something to the effect of "if ND uses this pathitic schedual to get 9 or more wins, you know some group of knucklehead writers will have them in the top 15 to guarentee a BSC game. If that happens it will be the biggest scam in NCAA football."

NU fans I know it must suck to hear people talk about your team than way, but you have to take the bad with the good. For a while there was a lot of love given by NU homers when the team was not that great. Look at it this way, atleast they are still talking about you. Nobody cares about Miami anymore. When they stop talking about NU (good or bad) is when nobody cares about NU anymore.

Although I think some people just like to rub it in **cough, mark may, cough**, it really isnt anything different then they say about other bad teams. Right now NU just isnt very good.

Jhawk, I heard plenty of ragging on Notre Dame last year. Even this year there has been alot of talk about how they are phony. Playing a really weak schedual. I heard one national guy on ESPN say something to the effect of "if ND uses this pathitic schedual to get 9 or more wins, you know some group of knucklehead writers will have them in the top 15 to guarentee a BSC game. If that happens it will be the biggest scam in NCAA football."

NU fans I know it must suck to hear people talk about your team than way, but you have to take the bad with the good. For a while there was a lot of love given by NU homers when the team was not that great. Look at it this way, atleast they are still talking about you. Nobody cares about Miami anymore. When they stop talking about NU (good or bad) is when nobody cares about NU anymore.

Well I stand corrected...but I cant help but hate on notre dame :steam

Even when we start pounding the sh!t out of people again, and we will, we will still be hearing this same kind of nonsense.

No. No we won't. You shut people up by winning.

The only reason Nebraska's woes rank as a story is because of Nebraska's long, rich history of winning. Which the sports media has been more than happy to champion.

And yeah, Notre Dame's abyssmal season last year was a very big story. And I'm guessing Nebraska fans weren't angrily demanding ESPN back off Charlie Weiss and the young men in his struggling program.

We were too good for too long and in T.O.'s last 5 years we were dominant. The media has never liked us because T.O. was a blah interview. Look at Switzer, Joe Pa, Bobby Bowden, Bear Bryant and ofcourse "the Ole Ball Coach." All likeable guys you'd probably enjoy having a beer with. Ozzie just wasn't that kind of guy and the media is still punching us for it. You never hear about former players from other schools but LP is still "former Nebraska running back Lawrence Phillips." F these guys. The last time "the Ole Ball Coach" went up against T.O. He had his "Ole ass" handed to him. Must have been a fluke.

T_O_B

The press mocks Nebraska because it's in the Midwest. They mock every sports team located in states that aren't adjacent to large bodies of water....unless their planes crash while flying over the midwest, most of them will never set foot here...

That's why you just read and listen to Sipple and ignore the national media idiots....

The press mocks Nebraska because it's in the Midwest. They mock every sports team located in states that aren't adjacent to large bodies of water....unless their planes crash while flying over the midwest, most of them will never set foot here...

That's why you just read and listen to Sipple and ignore the national media idiots....

Amen for Sipple.

I was thrilled with ND's season last year, not sure why those guys bug me so goddmn much, but they do!...and I'm Catholic for chrissakes. (not a very good one mind you)

I kindly refer u 2 the official ND/MI HATE THREAD-NCAA