Is it just me or has our.........

Apathy

Secondary always been mediocre or terrible since after Osborne stopped coaching. I know we had a few good years with Solich were our secondary was actually pretty good but it seemed like during the late early/mid 00's that our secondary have been mediocre giving up a lot of yards to the pass.

But we've had some serious talent come from the secondary: Mike and Ralph Brown, Zach Bowman, Bullock twins, Fabian Washington, I know I'm messing a few more.

Should we be focused on recruiting harding in this postion?

Only two on your list of talents even played for TO. I guess you forgot about all those years under TO when our secondary got blasted in the bowl games by the likes of Miami, Florida State, etc. Until we concentrated on heavily recruiting speed to that area in the early 90's, we really never had a great secondary. Of course, most of the teams we played in that era run the ball. We never really saw much passing until we got to the bowls.

The secondary at Nebraska has been succeptible for all but about 5 or 6 years out of the last 30-35(or as far back as I can remember). Nebraska, historically, has been able to stuff the run, but unable to stop the pass. I think the Huskers have recruited pretty hard for the secondary. Look at all the guys that were brought in the last 2 years as safety or ATH prospects.

Only two on your list of talents even played for TO. I guess you forgot about all those years under TO when our secondary got blasted in the bowl games by the likes of Miami, Florida State, etc. Until we concentrated on heavily recruiting speed to that area in the early 90's, we really never had a great secondary. Of course, most of the teams we played in that era run the ball. We never really saw much passing until we got to the bowls.

You are correct but they still played for 2 years under Solich. (Mike and Ralph Brown)

7 of the Top 10 Passing games against NU came after TO. #1 (590 that is correct 590) was Solich’s first game as Head Coach and that was with Ralph and Mike Brown. 3 were Solich Teams and 4 were Billy C teams. What does this mean?

That they lacked secondary recruits and their secondary assistants need to teach better.

7 of the Top 10 Passing games against NU came after TO. #1 (590 that is correct 590) was Solich’s first game as Head Coach and that was with Ralph and Mike Brown. 3 were Solich Teams and 4 were Billy C teams. What does this mean?

I'm sure it means different things to different people. However, it means to me that all of these fun'n gun pass happy offenses really weren't around during TO's tenure. Almost everyone chose to run the football. We rarely saw much of a passing offense until we got to a bowl game.

Colorado, KSU did pass, and we always played a West Coast team like Washington, ASU, Cal, UCLA. So where did you get your data from?

Where did you get your data from? CU didn't start passing until Rick the Prick became their coach, and even then they sucked at it. KSU only tried the passing thing when they had baby May there. I don't remember Biship & co. ever throwing the rock much. You will notice I said MOST of the teams. I never said every team we ever played when TO coached only threw the ball and absolutely never ever ever ever passed.