Has Nebraska Moved to the Spread?

IMHO the coaching staff did a great job of planning for this game on both sides of the ball...and again at half time with the adjustments.

It looked more like the spread with a little option thrown in. Multi looks that we gave to them had the TT defense on their heels.

And yes we have some very athletic players that are starting to show their prowess.

like i said before, let joe air it out and then the running game will come to you...now you just gotta hope that watson doesn't go and f##k it up again by trying to establish the run first and throwing the offense out of sync...see how much more insync the offense looked when we coming out throwing...that gave our running backs some running room

I think that we would be very efficient in the Spread. The only thing that sets us back in either the WCO or the spread (and I truly hate saying this) is Joe Ganz. I love the guy, and his spirit, but he doesn't throw the deep ball enough. Anyone who has been to a game this year can see that there are tons of times throughout a game that our deep reciever will be wide open and Joe always checks down to whoever is running a short route, or to a RB. He is awesome at hitting the short routes, and running the so called WCO, but you never open it up for the run or to beat the DB's deep if you don't check deep. And you have to do it more than once a game. Hit it once or twice a quarter to keep the DB's true. I will probably get hate responses for this because Joe's numbers were pretty awesome tonight (minus the final INT). But those numbers are a direct reflection of someone who hits those short passes to chip away at a D and not taking any big chances to go deep. Maybe Joe has been coached to just do it this way, maybe he isn't confident with his arm (he does tend to underthrow WR's deep and gets picked), or maybe he just doesn't have that full QB vision to check all his reads, but until this changes, the run will suffer and we will always have safeties shoved down our throats. Once again, I think Joe is a good QB and has shown a lot of heart go through all he has, but he is not a great QB and that does hold us back some. I really wish we had gotten Blaine Gabbert to stick it through last year's recruitment. We needed a guy like him. Oh well, just my 2 cents.

I don't care if it was the spread, the wco, the option or the, knick-knack-paddy-wack-give-the-dog-a-bone offense...if it seems to be working, stick with it

I agree, keep doing it if it is working. I think the coaching staff prepared the team incredibly well for this game(minus penalties) after laying an egg last week. Hopefully everyone is getting into a rhythm, the second half of the season could be a fun one.