this was the offense that we were expecting

shagg

did anybody see how fluid our offense looked?...there was a different pace to it for sure..the passing game really help give our RBs some running room . like i said before , we need to come out with the intent to throw and throw until they start to respecting our passing game.. sadly to say but this is the only way we'll be able to run the ball...you gotta play to your strenght and that's throwing the ball..the problem we've been having on offense was that watson was trying to run the ball so much that it threw our offense out of sync..

I agree completely. If the defense is going to allow for the medium passing game to work all the way down the field, then so be it...TAKE IT. One other point of emphasis, the receivers this year have been incredibly sure handed. Swift, Peterson, Holt, Paul, McNeil. I have seen maybe 2 drops all year from that crew. Huge improvement over last few years(maybe it is because Nunn and Hardy graduated).

I agree completely. If the defense is going to allow for the medium passing game to work all the way down the field, then so be it...TAKE IT. One other point of emphasis, the receivers this year have been incredibly sure handed. Swift, Peterson, Holt, Paul, McNeil. I have seen maybe 2 drops all year from that crew. Huge improvement over last few years(maybe it is because Nunn and Hardy graduated).

I concur. Even when they scored late in the 4th, I had this confidence that we weren't out of it just yet. I think the offense is almost to the point of "being there".

I can definitely tell that BC was more worried about recruiting talent on offense, than on defense, or that he was a poor judge of defensive talent.

He was going to turn GBR into the 1982 San Diego Chargers...

one of the key's to playing that well on offense was going away from i-formation and the offset i, and running power runs. it's hard to run those when you don't have a fullback. zone blocking with two tight ends in a one back set, multiple formations out of shotgun...wow. i think we found our offense...and guess what? it's virginia techs!

one of the key's to playing that well on offense was going away from i-formation and the offset i, and running power runs. it's hard to run those when you don't have a fullback. zone blocking with two tight ends in a one back set, multiple formations out of shotgun...wow. i think we found our offense...and guess what? it's virginia techs!

VA Tech is a low powered offense version of Osborne's. Okie State has bets offens ein Big 12 and they are what NU should be running.