WHAT THE HELL UNL?

Yup. Game over for him.

Topic is still open for everyone else, OP won't be posting for a while, however.

Ever. He's banned.

Dang!.

I mean, I understand about not wanting to put up with the childish personal attacks, but in this case, I do (sorta) feel the end justifies the means.

How can "we" be considered any better than he is by wanting to censor his viewpoint?

He's an interesting study..It's not often that I come across someone even more primitive or stupider than me...

I almost feel like a Research Scientist who comes across an AIDs survivor and he is whisked away by some big Pharmaceutical conglomerate just as I was about to crack the genetic code of this person's "anti virus"...

Either that, or he was eaten by gators before I had a chance to collect any tissue cultures.

What a waste.. <_<

Without "The One's" further input, we may never accurately find out the answer the the age old question of "Nature vs. Nurture" in what causes certain forms of fear. :madash

Yup. Game over for him.

Topic is still open for everyone else, OP won't be posting for a while, however.

Ever. He's banned.

Dang!.

I mean, I understand about not wanting to put up with the childish personal attacks, but in this case, I do (sorta) feel the end justifies the means.

How can "we" be considered any better than he is by wanting to censor his viewpoint?

He's an interesting study..It's not often that I come across someone even more primitive or stupider than me...

I almost feel like a Research Scientist who comes across an AIDs survivor and he is whisked away by some big Pharmaceutical conglomerate just as I was about to crack the genetic code of this person's "anti virus"...

Either that, or he was eaten by gators before I had a chance to collect any tissue cultures.

What a waste.. <_<

Without "The One's" further input, we may never accurately find out the answer the the age old question of "Nature vs. Nurture" in what causes certain forms of fear. :madash

I understand what you are saying. The ban had nothing to do with his viewpoints on anything. The ban was because he insulted someone. Anyone who flames another user is subject to a ban but we warned him after the first attack on me and he did it again. So..permaban it is.

Wow. That was fun.

As a republican, NU can invite Ayers, and people cannot go. America is an awesome place like that.

Sorry..

I keep re-reading that and I still don't understand what you are trying to say.

He's saying that someone like him CAN speak and people can CHOOSE not to go.

But....

If NU is a republican (republic?) and can invite Ayers, Why can't people go?

heston_10commandments.jpgtoiletpass.jpg

Yup. Game over for him.

Ever. He's banned.

Dang!.

What a waste.. <_<

I understand what you are saying. The ban had nothing to do with his viewpoints on anything. The ban was because he insulted someone. Anyone who flames another user is subject to a ban but we warned him after the first attack on me and he did it again. So..permaban it is.

Yeah..Bad choice of wording on my part.

I understand it was not because of his viewpoint, but the average person or even the majority might not notice the difference.

It's almost like having the greatest play in our history..Say for example... the Tommy Frazier "Run" against UF out here in the Fiesta Bowl called back because an assistant coach had his little toe in the field of play on the sidelines durring the play....OK..Really Bad exageration..

I know..You cannot fairly make exceptions for "Special People" like this poster..but it's still a shame we can't have more fun with him.

I liked the restraint you showed in replying to his attacks :clap I feel like I got to know more about several posters in this single thread by how they responded.

Wow. That was fun.

As a republican, NU can invite Ayers, and people cannot go. America is an awesome place like that.

Sorry..

I keep re-reading that and I still don't understand what you are trying to say.

He's saying that someone like him CAN speak and people can CHOOSE not to go.

"My opinion of the manner in which a newspaper should be conducted so as to be most useful [is]... 'by restraining it to true facts and sound principle only.' Yet I fear such a paper would find few subscribers. It is a melancholy truth, that a suppression of the press could not more completely deprive the nation of its benefits than is done by its abandoned prostitution to falsehood." --Thomas Jefferson 1807

Read about UNL uninviting this guy at Omaha.com..

I'm much more embarrassed by that than the original invite.

You tend to expect more from University Reagents than that..Caving in to Donors or worse, not willing to look past this guy's history in an unrelated topic, preventing our own grad students from benefiting from Ayers' "true calling" of Educational Reform.

It's hard enough to attract really good Professors to relatively small Universities as it is without painting the whole University as being afraid of new teaching ideas.

Sorry to take this so personally..I never used to care this much about Education before I became a Father.

But I always cared about our Freedoms.

And if I were 10-15 years older, I'd like to think I would've participated in some of the things this Ayers guy was doing.

He wasn't just a "trouble maker" but was trying to make this a better Society (Long Term) and was fighting for an end to an Immoral War Police Action.

Most of us may not agree with his tactics...But I do think people like him are important to help keep our Government in check once in awhile.

Should not have uninvited him. This is sad. A university is supposed to push the envelope and give it's students every opportunity to learn more about the world around them and UNL droppen the ball on this one. Gave into too much political pressure. And to think, this would not even be an issue if the election wasn't going on. Nobody would know or care that Bill Ayers was speaking at UNL......sad.....As was said above. This is much more embarassing than the original invite! GET A BACKBONE! It feels to me like some of the far right wing people that have their hands in UNL's business are afraid of change or differing views and then silence the freedom of speech instead of letting the guy talk about what he has done for education.

Also, people probably didn't want him to talk because they did not want their public university paying him to speak because of his past. Well they probably already had a contract and I'm sure he got paid in full for doing nothing. So who has the last laugh? UNL who looks weak or Bill Ayers who gets paid for nothing? At least the people in the state of Nebraska will be proud, but that's not who UNL needs to impress, they aren't worried about in state enrollment dropping. Good for the state of Nebraska for having a weak university that does not promote intellectual freedom. Sorry, this hits a button with me...

Dang!.

What a waste.. <_<

Agree, this person would be an intriguing subject for social experimentation. It's too bad he/she didn't have the wherewithal to stop the attacking, it would have been entertaining if nothing else to read his views on any other topic, controversial or otherwise.

I'd like to believe he/she is just an extremist, because the thought of a substantial group of people thinking like this is terrifying in and of itself.

Dang!.

What a waste.. <_<

Agree, this person would be an intriguing subject for social experimentation. It's too bad he/she didn't have the wherewithal to stop the attacking, it would have been entertaining if nothing else to read his views on any other topic, controversial or otherwise.

I'd like to believe he/she is just an extremist, because the thought of a substantial group of people thinking like this is terrifying in and of itself.

Isn't that how GW got elected?

Twice.. :madash

NJn5b8_weUY

Good find!

Was this "informant" actually reading from a script?

.... I seriously doubt anyone from the "Weather Underground" even considered there was any chance of overthrowing the Government..They would probably only hope they could help nudge the public into taking a little more control and hopefully change the direction we were all going.

Not saying smart folks don't make mistakes..we just might want to limit the number of extremists calling any shots. :box