**Official Iowa State Game Discussion Thread**

ok, obviously great win.......i am more interested in how the d held them to 7....recap please.....i have been working today and don't have anything on the game execpt the score......

The defense was looking good today in general.

ISU wasn't exactly coming out sharp, though. They came out rather flat.

Less penalties this week.

Good time of possession for NU. Still having some punting issues - ISU's punter helped them a lot, the game probably could have been 2 more scores for NU without great punts.

I never knew the story of the Jack, good story. I don't like how NU glorifies having an African American on the team in George Flippin during the late 1800's. While it was monumental, they fail to mention that many of our own players didn't want to play with him and another African American would not be on the team for some 60 years.

Part of the reason was that Missouri and Oklahoma threatened to not play NU if we continued to play African Americans.

I never knew the story of the Jack, good story. I don't like how NU glorifies having an African American on the team in George Flippin during the late 1800's. While it was monumental, they fail to mention that many of our own players didn't want to play with him and another African American would not be on the team for some 60 years.

Part of the reason was that Missouri and Oklahoma threatened to not play NU if we continued to play African Americans.

This could be an interesting history lesson should we continue to explore it...

The Huskers played a good game today with passing game being on point. I thought for sure their for a moment that swift might of a had a chance to break the reception record, but he'll have it before the end of the season. The running game wasnt that bad either still would like to see the oline make bigger holes for the running backs but i guess you cant be to picky. the defense played well through the first of half of the game but came out the second half and let iowa st get a big TD run but once again gained some control going into the fourth. the one and only problem that i had was the five fumbles the teams had if we do that against anyone else this year they could easly beat us. well i hope i didnt rant on too much. So congrats HUSKERS!!! on the win!