Are We That Good

Ok were just comming off our first 1 in a while so ive got some questions for yall. Are we that good or was isu that bad. If you think about it the VaTech and the TexasTech game were so close that maybe this team is becoming into its own, more diciplined and learning the fundamentals coach is teaching them. I still dont think any game is a gimme but was just wondering your thoughts.

Ok were just comming off our first 1 in a while so ive got some questions for yall. Are we that good or was isu that bad. If you think about it the VaTech and the TexasTech game were so close that maybe this team is becoming into its own, more diciplined and learning the fundamentals coach is teaching them. I still dont think any game is a gimme but was just wondering your thoughts.

With our offense working like it is....being so effiicent...if they can keep this up, besides OU, I feel we can run the table. Our offense is keeping our defense off the field<our crutch. KU is a very tough team, but we get them at home.

You never know what frame of mind a teams in on game day. Out side appearances don't always reflect whats going on inside a players head. Its hard to imagine ISU being up more for Kan, than playing against the Huskers. They may have been, because Kan was a rated team. All I know was we did a better job against them than KU did. We have one more test against a team that will probably be favored over us at home. That being KU. Going off the ISU and KU game, we should be able to win it. We are getting better each week, but we still have to prove it on the field on game day. I think this team is turning the corner.

GBR!!!

With our offense working like it is....being so effiicent...if they can keep this up, besides OU, I feel we can run the table. Our offense is keeping our defense off the field<our crutch. KU is a very tough team, but we get them at home.

I agree with this.

Yes we just beat a 2-5 team but we're supposed to...and we did. We beat them pretty badly.

Where are all of the people that thought we might lose this game? The board was full of them in the last 3 weeks. Where are they now?

We are a 7-5 team that may go 8-4. (and could slip to 6-6). Its what we've been all year but we are getting better each week as well.

Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but NU would of lost by 7 TD's in Norman. Seriously. Kansas played them tough til the beginning of the 4th. They went toe to toe and left points on the field in the first half. It may have been different if it wouldn't of been for the 2 turnovers.

You guys beat an ISU team that is going down hill. When they played Kansas, they were rotating QB's. That guy left their program and Aurnad is not the answer. KU also scored 35 points on them in 1 half of play. KU slept walked through the first half.

It was a good, sound win for your team. However, I wouldn't read too much into it. The North is still a 2 team race between MU and KU.

ISU is the worst team in the Big 12. I think that answers your question.

ISU is what they are, but they always play NU/most teams very tough at Jack Trice. See OU last year 17-7 loss and the close Ls or Ws they compile at that stadium. While they also got blasted last year by Texas 56-3, maybe this NU game in the 2008 season was their UT game last year?? :dunno They play A@M next week, albeit the 2 worst teams in the league, I see them winning that game.

I see it as a combo, ISU playing a little flat and NU getting better and better.

Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but NU would of lost by 7 TD's in Norman. Seriously. Kansas played them tough til the beginning of the 4th. They went toe to toe and left points on the field in the first half. It may have been different if it wouldn't of been for the 2 turnovers.

You guys beat an ISU team that is going down hill. When they played Kansas, they were rotating QB's. That guy left their program and Aurnad is not the answer. KU also scored 35 points on them in 1 half of play. KU slept walked through the first half.

It was a good, sound win for your team. However, I wouldn't read too much into it. The North is still a 2 team race between MU and KU.

Oh come on...gimme a break...you really can't predict that with any certainty...that's why they play them on the field. I'll grant you that KU looked pretty good for the majority of that game...well...at least their offense looks pretty good. Reesing makes very good decisions with the football...most of the time...and that receiver...#80...is very good as well.

But...let's take a look at OU for a sec shall we. They simply are not the same defensive team they were at the beginning of the year. The are SERIOUSLY hurting at linebacker.

I'm not predicting a win for our team in either of these games...at least not yet...but I will say this. Our team that won yesterday, is not the same team that played TTU to the wire 2 weeks ago, is not the same team that lost by 5 TD's to Mizzou 3 weeks ago, and so on, and so on... You can see them getting better every game and so while we may not beat KU or OU I am prepared to say that our team will give both teams all they can handle...

GBR!!!

Oh come on...gimme a break...you really can't predict that with any certainty...that's why they play them on the field. I'll grant you that KU looked pretty good for the majority of that game...well...at least their offense looks pretty good. Reesing makes very good decisions with the football...most of the time...and that receiver...#80...is very good as well.

But...let's take a look at OU for a sec shall we. They simply are not the same defensive team they were at the beginning of the year. The are SERIOUSLY hurting at linebacker.

I'm not predicting a win for our team in either of these games...at least not yet...but I will say this. Our team that won yesterday, is not the same team that played TTU to the wire 2 weeks ago, is not the same team that lost by 5 TD's to Mizzou 3 weeks ago, and so on, and so on... You can see them getting better every game and so while we may not beat KU or OU I am prepared to say that our team will give both teams all they can handle...

GBR!!!

I'll give you that. KU won't just walk into Lincoln and blow you out. I realize that. Your team has gotten better. No doubt about that. I just think our offense will be too much and don't get so down on KU's defense. That OU offense has done that to EVERYONE, including Texas. Sam Bradford is amazing and made KU's defense look a lot worse than they really are.

I am not down on the team in any way. We are exactly where I said we would be. A 7-5 team winning the ones we should and losing the ones we are supposed to. We are improving week to week, but I doubt that will be enough to change the overall record this year.

But thinking we have turned some type of corner and Oklahoma and Kansas will fall like Iowa State is not realistic, two more losses one somewhat close the other a good beating, but not as bad as it could be. Baylor KState and Colorado should be wins with some problems early but begin to pick up steam towards the end of them. Kansas is a very good team with a very tough schedule this year. They are as good as they were last year I think, we have them at home and that is the one saving grace to a win, but highly doubtful.

Still say 7-5 and will be vrey happy with it if it happens.

I am not down on the team in any way. We are exactly where I said we would be. A 7-5 team winning the ones we should and losing the ones we are supposed to. We are improving week to week, but I doubt that will be enough to change the overall record this year.

But thinking we have turned some type of corner and Oklahoma and Kansas will fall like Iowa State is not realistic, two more losses one somewhat close the other a good beating, but not as bad as it could be. Baylor KState and Colorado should be wins with some problems early but begin to pick up steam towards the end of them. Kansas is a very good team with a very tough schedule this year. They are as good as they were last year I think, we have them at home and that is the one saving grace to a win, but highly doubtful.

Still say 7-5 and will be vrey happy with it if it happens.

agreed. we need KU to play bad for us to win. should be a goog game though. i am so pleased with the progress... but it has to continue each game.