impact freshmens

shagg

Dont be surprised if some of the incoming new guys that arent here yet and make a splash!!!! It will be a better recruit year for Pelini.. Did he bring any one over from LSU with him...

Good point. The recruiting season is nowhere over, and depending on the rest of the year, maybe Bo brings in some players that might hit the ground running.

On another note, has anyone heard anything about Ryan Hill??

I think Kody Spano will make the biggest impact simply because I think he will win the starting job and QB is arguably the most important position on the field. As the starter, he will have the biggest impact on how the team does.....good or bad.

i tend to agree, i think this kid may just be a huge sleeper.......

I think Kody Spano will make the biggest impact simply because I think he will win the starting job and QB is arguably the most important position on the field. As the starter, he will have the biggest impact on how the team does.....good or bad.

I tend to disagree. Watch for incoming QB, Cody Green to make a splash early. I do not see any of the current quarterbacks on this roster making any type of considerable impact during their tenure at UNL. Especially if none of them get any type of experience before they EVER get the nod.

I tend to disagree. Watch for incoming QB, Cody Green to make a splash early. I do not see any of the current quarterbacks on this roster making any type of considerable impact during their tenure at UNL. Especially if none of them get any type of experience before they EVER get the nod.

Based on what exactly? Are you watching the practices? I haven't either, but I know that Kody Spano was a pretty good recruit by any measure, and was more of a dual threat QB than the current back up which is Witt. I don't see a freshman QB coming and starting, I know it happens sometimes but I don't see it in this offense.

Based on what exactly? Are you watching the practices? I haven't either, but I know that Kody Spano was a pretty good recruit by any measure, and was more of a dual threat QB than the current back up which is Witt. I don't see a freshman QB coming and starting, I know it happens sometimes but I don't see it in this offense.

Let's just say I have seen my fair share of the quarterbacks on this roster. As you said, no freshman will come in and start right away, especially at the QB position within this offense. Agreed. But also, as I said, I do not see any of the QB's on this roster making any type of considerable impact in the future.

If anything, Witt will be the guy until Green or someone else steps up.

Let's just say I have seen my fair share of the quarterbacks on this roster. As you said, no freshman will come in and start right away, especially at the QB position within this offense. Agreed. But also, as I said, I do not see any of the QB's on this roster making any type of considerable impact in the future.

Ok I'll bite, exactly what/whom do you see happening next year at QB? This question was next year only I believe. I have little doubt that in 2 years Green may be the answer, but as a true freshman I just don't see it.

Ok I'll bite, exactly what/whom do you see happening next year at QB? This question was next year only I believe. I have little doubt that in 2 years Green may be the answer, but as a true freshman I just don't see it.

Nor do I ... unless Green is just that good, and the coaches think he is our best shot at winning.

Next year I believe Witt will be the guy. While he isn't as mobile, he has the best arm and best knowledge of the offense. He reminds me of Zac Taylor and Brook Berringer; and we all know how those guys turned out.

Don't quote me on this either, but Green could turn out to be the next Frazier.

Nor do I ... unless Green is just that good, and the coaches think he is our best shot at winning.

Next year I believe Witt will be the guy. While he isn't as mobile, he has the best arm and best knowledge of the offense. He reminds me of Zac Taylor and Brook Berringer; and we all know how those guys turned out.

Don't quote me on this either, but Green could turn out to be the next Frazier.

While I agree with the sentiment about Witt, the issue I have with that statement is that Zac was good under a different offense completely. Witt is nothing like Brook, Patrick Witt is no where close to the runner that Brooke was. Witt wouldn't stand a chance in an option attack. This is why I think Spano will have a great shot to win the job. The current offense they are running is a spread attack that relies on a mobile QB. Ganz is always making plays out of the pocket and the option is a play they run again. Witt doesn't bring that element to the game. Maybe Lee over Spano.