optimistic Baylor fan

Maybe A&M but not Nebraska, not this year, and really, not any year soon to come.

No way does A&M makes a bowl, 2-5 with OU and UT left? They'll be lucky to get past Iowa St on Saturday.......

I think he was saying maybe Baylor will beat A&M, but not Nebraska.

Yeah, Exactly what I meant. Baylor might beat A&M but Not NU..

:worship

First, you're from Leander? That's epic. I lived in Cedar Park up until the summer after of my sophomore year when I moved to DFW.

Secondly, my whole family has attended Baylor and we've had season tickets since I was a kid. I, of course, am an NU fan and future student. I've seen both sides of this with special insight to the NU football program and the improvements made and getting to see Baylor football up close almost every Saturday. This ain't yesteryear's Baylor team. I'm not saying they're the best in the Big 12, but if you put them in any other conference in the country excluding the SEC, Baylor would be a bowl team and would probably be competing for a championship in some. Robert Griffin will be one of the greatest QBs in Big 12 history by the time he's done. He's in the same mold as Vince Young with a few minor differences...Griff is about 2 inches shorter (VY is 6'5"), a little thinner, has a better arm than VY did, and might be faster (that's debatable). He needs weapons though. Kendall Wright is a phenomenal true freshman WR who at this point in his career, I'd say compares to a poor man's Jeremy Maclin. He doesn't return punts or kicks because the staff can't afford to get him injured. He's too important to the offense. Defense needs definite work, but this team is a lot better than it has been. This year isn't the year to go bowling for Baylor, but next year probably is in my opinion.

So now Griffin is going to be as good or better than Vince Young...there was a Baylor fan on here earlier saying he is better than White from WVU. And saying that he is going to be one of the greatest in Big XII history is a pretty bold statement. I have seen a couple of games and I was not overly impressed. He cannot throw the ball very well and had made some mistakes....not that NU or a freshman has not made any.

You realize Griffin is the only D1 FBS QB who's thrown over 100 passes who has still yet to throw a pick? You also realize that Baylor has only had 1 turnover in the past 5 weeks and that includes performances in against 3 of the nation's top defenses in UConn, OU, and OSU? I said he was better than Pat White and he absolutely is. Again, most people will continue to talk him down because he chose to go to Baylor over bigger schools. I've seen him in every game he's played other than OSU because I couldn't make it to Stillwater and there was no TV. He will be one of the greatest QBs in Big 12 history and if he continues at this rate, probably a first round draft pick.

Maybe A&M but not Nebraska, not this year, and really, not any year soon to come.

No way does A&M makes a bowl, 2-5 with OU and UT left? They'll be lucky to get past Iowa St on Saturday.......

First, you're from Leander? That's epic. I lived in Cedar Park up until the summer after of my sophomore year when I moved to DFW.

Secondly, my whole family has attended Baylor and we've had season tickets since I was a kid. I, of course, am an NU fan and future student. I've seen both sides of this with special insight to the NU football program and the improvements made and getting to see Baylor football up close almost every Saturday. This ain't yesteryear's Baylor team. I'm not saying they're the best in the Big 12, but if you put them in any other conference in the country excluding the SEC, Baylor would be a bowl team and would probably be competing for a championship in some. Robert Griffin will be one of the greatest QBs in Big 12 history by the time he's done. He's in the same mold as Vince Young with a few minor differences...Griff is about 2 inches shorter (VY is 6'5"), a little thinner, has a better arm than VY did, and might be faster (that's debatable). He needs weapons though. Kendall Wright is a phenomenal true freshman WR who at this point in his career, I'd say compares to a poor man's Jeremy Maclin. He doesn't return punts or kicks because the staff can't afford to get him injured. He's too important to the offense. Defense needs definite work, but this team is a lot better than it has been. This year isn't the year to go bowling for Baylor, but next year probably is in my opinion.

So now Griffin is going to be as good or better than Vince Young...there was a Baylor fan on here earlier saying he is better than White from WVU. And saying that he is going to be one of the greatest in Big XII history is a pretty bold statement. I have seen a couple of games and I was not overly impressed. He cannot throw the ball very well and had made some mistakes....not that NU or a freshman has not made any.

You realize Griffin is the only D1 FBS QB who's thrown over 100 passes who has still yet to throw a pick? YES, AND I ALSO REALIZE THAT THEY THROW ALMOST ENTIRELY SCREENS, SWINGS, AND JAILBREAKS. NANCY KERRIGAN COULD COMPLETE A LOT OF THOSE PASSES, WITH THE BAD LEG. You also realize that Baylor has only had 1 turnover in the past 5 weeks and that includes performances in against 3 of the nation's top defenses in UConn, OU, and OSU? DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST INCLUDE UCONN IN THAT LIST? I said he was better than Pat White and he absolutely is. OPINIONS DON'T COUNT IN THIS TYPE OF ARGUMENT, IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE THIS THEN DEFEND IT. BY WHAT CRITERIA? Again, most people will continue to talk him down because he chose to go to Baylor over bigger schools. I've seen him in every game he's played other than OSU because I couldn't make it to Stillwater and there was no TV. He will be one of the greatest QBs in Big 12 history and if he continues at this rate, probably a first round draft pick. ASININE AND RIDICULOUS.

Holy sh!t....

What exactly have you seen that screams NFL caliber QB? Chase f'ing Daniel won't be a first round draft pick, you're trying to tell me he is going to be?

He has talent, but he isn't Vince Young. Right now he is what Jammal Lord would be in that offense, except Jammal would have more rushing yards.

You realize Griffin is the only D1 FBS QB who's thrown over 100 passes who has still yet to throw a pick? YES, AND I ALSO REALIZE THAT THEY THROW ALMOST ENTIRELY SCREENS, SWINGS, AND JAILBREAKS. NANCY KERRIGAN COULD COMPLETE A LOT OF THOSE PASSES, WITH THE BAD LEG. You also realize that Baylor has only had 1 turnover in the past 5 weeks and that includes performances in against 3 of the nation's top defenses in UConn, OU, and OSU? DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST INCLUDE UCONN IN THAT LIST? I said he was better than Pat White and he absolutely is. OPINIONS DON'T COUNT IN THIS TYPE OF ARGUMENT, IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE THIS THEN DEFEND IT. BY WHAT CRITERIA? Again, most people will continue to talk him down because he chose to go to Baylor over bigger schools. I've seen him in every game he's played other than OSU because I couldn't make it to Stillwater and there was no TV. He will be one of the greatest QBs in Big 12 history and if he continues at this rate, probably a first round draft pick. ASININE AND RIDICULOUS.

Holy sh!t....

What exactly have you seen that screams NFL caliber QB? Chase f'ing Daniel won't be a first round draft pick, you're trying to tell me he is going to be?

He has talent, but he isn't Vince Young. Right now he is what Jammal Lord would be in that offense, except Jammal would have more rushing yards.

What you need to look at is the fact that he hasnt throw any picks, he is mobile and can throw the ball. And he is only a freshmen. Baylor maybe able to get beaten now, but if they get him some better talent to throw to and he gets some more experience. He will be a stud or maybe not. I guess will just have to watch him grow and mature with the team over the next few years.

Holy sh!t....

I'm not going to argue. You obviously haven't seen him play much other than flipping back and forth. He has an awesome deep ball. Check the first TD pass to Kendall Wright against ISU. He's dropped countless deep balls RIGHT in the hands of WRs who can't catch to save their lives, mainly David Gettis. He dropped one right in Gettis' hands about 50 yards deep rolling out of the pocket. As for Jammal Lord...Griffin is faster and can throw. They're not in the same breath. Griffin would be starting here, man. Just sharing my neutral opinion. The week after RG3 ran for over 100 yards against OU, ISU said they'd stop him from scrambling. They did. He went 21-24 for 280 yards and 2 TDs. As for Pat White, it's been said numerous times that RG3 is faster than he is and has a better arm. Is there any debate on either of those statements? Nope, unless you're just pulling info out of your @$$.

Holy sh!t....

What you need to look at is the fact that he hasnt throw any picks, he is mobile and can throw the ball. And he is only a freshmen. Baylor maybe able to get beaten now, but if they get him some better talent to throw to and he gets some more experience. He will be a stud or maybe not. I guess will just have to watch him grow and mature with the team over the next few years.

nothing really to add here. just thought i'd post and be a part of this near-majestic quote tree.

From a different ESPN chat....

You've done underrated - now who's the most overrated in the draft?

SportsNation Mel Kiper: That's hard because it's still so, so early. From a pro prospect standpoint, Chase Daniel, Graham Harrell. Those are two. Marlon Lucky, RB, Nebraska; Aaron Kelly, WR, Clemson. I'll give the defensive overrated guys next week.

So one hilarious, one painful.

Mel Kiper is a bonehead. He has wasted millions of minutes on the air blabbering (very boldly as he does) about who runs a 40, is this tall, benches such and such... and totally ignores what the eyes will tell the obvious sports fan who watches the game. He has no idea about what it takes in the NFL. He only goes by what he feels and thinks. He makes a living off of what he thinks players will be drafted, but never has imput after that. Just ask him how those great "can't miss picks" of Ryan Leaf, Trent Dilfer and Jeff George went.

As for Cheshire Bear.. welcome to the board. It's okay to show some pride in your Bears. It's appreciated by many, and way over due. Stick around and bring it on brother!

Mel Kiper is a bonehead. He has wasted millions of minutes on the air blabbering (very boldly as he does) about who runs a 40, is this tall, benches such and such... and totally ignores what the eyes will tell the obvious sports fan who watches the game. He has no idea about what it takes in the NFL. He only goes by what he feels and thinks. He makes a living off of what he thinks players will be drafted, but never has imput after that. Just ask him how those great "can't miss picks" of Ryan Leaf, Trent Dilfer and Jeff George went.

As for Cheshire Bear.. welcome to the board. It's okay to show some pride in your Bears. It's appreciated by many, and way over due. Stick around and bring it on brother!

Haha my pride is in the Big Red, my friend. I leave Dallas to go to school at NU after the bowl game because my best friend and roommate plays at NU so we have to work the date around whatever bowl we go to. I just have a special insight to Baylor because my whole family has gone there and since I'm still in the area, I get to use the season tickets that we have haha.

Can we get this thread back on track and say Griffin is overrrated, he'll never be an elite quarterback in the Big 12 or the NFL, and Baylor isn't beating Nebraska or A&M.

Chesire, you can say whatever you want about Griffin (RG3, isn't that cute) but I've watched him play all year and haven't been impressed at all. Yes, he works well with an offense that lives off of screen passes and 3 yard slants but that doesn't equate to being elite. Hell, Helen Keller could also complete those passes, so don't bring that 155 passes without an INT into this argument cuz I ain't buying it.

Holy sh!t....

nothing really to add here. just thought i'd post and be a part of this near-majestic quote tree.

First of all, very proud to add on to the "near-majestic" quote tree...

2nd of all, it's really tough to tell at this point what Griffin could do. Honestly, he's got about a 1 in 5 chance of getting drafted, even then, it probably won't be at QB. He'll end up like a Randle-El, or something like that. A gadget player.

Not too mention, it's tough being a "running" QB in the NFL, because the LB's are bigger, meaner, faster and would snap most guys in half. You can count on one hand, the number of successful "running" QB's that have played in the NFL.

Can we get this thread back on track and say Griffin is overrrated, he'll never be an elite quarterback in the Big 12 or the NFL, and Baylor isn't beating Nebraska or A&M.

Chesire, you can say whatever you want about Griffin (RG3, isn't that cute) but I've watched him play all year and haven't been impressed at all. Yes, he works well with an offense that lives off of screen passes and 3 yard slants but that doesn't equate to being elite. Hell, Helen Keller could also complete those passes, so don't bring that 155 passes without an INT into this argument cuz I ain't buying it.

Listen I think Griffin is a bit overrated (in his present capacity) by BU fans, but not as much in his potential. He has elite big 12 QB potential (which is to say elite NCAA potential) and infact is already in the good to very good category as a true freshman. Will that translate to an NFL draft pick by the time he's a senior - who knows and who cares. As a college QB the smart money is he's one of the top QB's in conference before he is done.

As for the arm :

I've seen him toss passes like this more than a few times this season. Reading defenses/mastering a full offensive scheme (particularly one that Briles runs) is the issue with Griffin (as with any true freshman) so they are (of course) going to simplify some of the passing offense ... but your off base if you think there is a deficiency in his arm strength or accuracy.

As for the game if this game is in Waco I think its pretty close to a toss up otherwise I see somehting like a 30-21 NU win.

Ok, I will settle this argument.

The Baylor QB is an unbelieveable athlete with a terrific upside. It's that potential people are hanging their collective hat on.

Now, IMO, Baylor is definately headed in the right direction. Someone on here said they're recruiting better. I believe that to be true.

Also, the kid's a freshman. IMO He has done some very good things, and operates their offense within its framework. His potential says he could be an incredible QB down the line, and bring BU back to respectability.

I hope he does, stronger teams make for a stronger conference, and that makes for a stronger argument for NU to be Nat'l Champs when they go undefeated within the next 5 yrs!