Nebraska's Chance for a bowl game...

I could care less about a bowl game right now I would like to see this team win out the rest of it's schedule and make more improvement on D. If Baylor's QB doesn't get hurt we are probably talking about "How did we lose to Baylor". I can see NU beating CU,KSU because I do feel those programs are in much worse shape and a 50/50 shot at KU because it appears Mangino's all you can eat buffet is starting to run out of food.

If the boys can play like they did against TT and control the clock and finish off drives with TD's they have a real shot because OU's D is almost as bad as NU's right now.

GBR

Not sure what Baylor game you watched, but we handled him well enough to win easily, healthy or not.

It was the game where NU was losing at halftime and griffin's ankle injury late in the 2nd or early in the third took away his mobility which there was no answer for before the injury. The injury made them one dimensional and passing without the threat of the run enabled NU's D to focus on baylor's below average pass attack. Look at the stats most of their yardage came before griffin got hurt. That was the game I watched.

I seem to remember his injury being end of 3rd/beginning of 4th. Could be wrong - I think he was contained for most of the third on 2 good wheels.

I do know that Griffin is a great running QB. He pretty much carried the whole offense on his shoulders by taking off and running the ball. His passing isn't all that great (9 for 20; 134 yards), but that should technically improve with time.

Having your QB take off and run all the time keeps the defense on its toes. However, it also can get your QB injured more easily. I also believe that after a while, the Huskers focused only on Griffin and stopped him (you can argue we stopped him only because he was injured if you want). Once he was stopped, the Baylor offense was no more.

No matter the case, I thought the Huskers played okay. I didn't think the offense looked as sharp as it had the past two games and the defense blew alot of huge plays. Need to fix these things if we want to hang with Oklahoma.

I view Griffin as a better QB than he gets credit for. His stats don't look impressive, but I don't blame that on him as much as the lack of receivers for Baylor. I remember at least 2 (probably more) dropped passes that would have been devastating to the huskers(one long one that if caught, would have easily been 6, and I also recall a few short ones that would have been for a nice quick pick-up)...

That being said, we didn't win the game only because Griffin was injured...The adjustments made after half were great for stopping Griffin.

One of the many aspects I like about Bo is unlike Callahan, his adjustments work! Also I love the enthusiasm he had. It may be biased, but honestly, it seemed like we were always getting called for penalties that both teams were doing(late hits out of bounds...etc)

Anyway, on topic: I would love to see an 8-4 record into the bowl games, but I think it seems more probable that we'll finish 7-5...which is IMPROVEMENT...