Fervor for annual NU-OU game has died down

Hate is a strong word, but I HATE the Big 12 schedule format.

No matter what, we have to play the same five teams from the North every year (confirmed) until 2015. I think, the format completely separates the Conference and emphasizes on divisions.

Also, the same 3 teams from the South, two years on, two years off.

Would be more exciting if it was scrambled better.

One thing I've noticed on this board is that there's never been any Oklahoma Sooner fans posting. That strikes me as odd.

The last time we played the Sooners, we had a few join and post for while even after the game. But you're right - we don't seem to have any at the moment. On the other hand, when you think about it, there really aren't any representing the South teams at all. We've had a few Aggie fans that stuck around for a while, but haven't seen them lately. And I can't remember a single Okie State fan that's posted.

That was one of the sacrifices we made to be in a larger conference...unfortunately it ruined a one of the best rivalries in college football. But everyone would have picked OU to play from the North ...so having everyone pick one rival from the other division would have been hard.

Unfortunately NU was the only team to sacrifice anything! TU and OU have benefited innumerably from the Big 12, and we lost or biggest rival, after earning a ton of $$$ that put the OSUs, MUs, and KUs in the position to compete in the first damn place!!!

Bottom line Nebraska is really the only team to suffer at all from the forming of the Big 12. :steam

The rivalry is dead. It died 12 years ago. OU bent over for Texas and that's all she wrote.

I know it's hard for older NU fans to take, but get over it. I have.

Goddmnit. I hate it when someone says something I don't want to hear, but know is right.....

At least the two fanbases and programs still have an immense respect for each other. That's something.

Not like two or three North division schools I could name.

One thing I've noticed on this board is that there's never been any Oklahoma Sooner fans posting. That strikes me as odd.

The last time we played the Sooners, we had a few join and post for while even after the game. But you're right - we don't seem to have any at the moment. On the other hand, when you think about it, there really aren't any representing the South teams at all. We've had a few Aggie fans that stuck around for a while, but haven't seen them lately. And I can't remember a single Okie State fan that's posted.

Well, I've posted here and there.

I'll add this. Been down here half my life. Will get all scores and highlights from Texas teams and that's pretty much it. Horns, Ags, Dallas Cowboys, TX Rangers, Dal Mavericks, Stars Hockey, some Houston Rockets, Spurs, TCU, Tech, OU, tons of HS football recap, some OSU, and some Baylor... and that's a Saturday night.

Y'all get Husker coverage at 5 & 10? We'll be lucky if they even post the scores from the Big 12 North. Sucks yes big time. Meanwhile y'all are receiving interviews and highlights and different angle highlights. Texas, Oklahoma and the division is completely separated.

Fortunately people know who Nebraska is. But unless they're playing the Huskers, you would not know NU played a game.

Just sayin'... be grateful if you have 1/8th the coverage... to even nitpick.

simple, move OU to the north. Add a team to the south like TCU or something. Keep one or two interleague games, like OU vs. UT.

So we get rid of...Kansas State? This would also essentially recreate the Big 8 as the "North" and have the Southwest Conference as the "South."

We already have too many teams to the south...too many Texas schools IMHO. Texas comprises 2/3 of the Big 12 as it stands now. Losing a school in the North is ridiculous, because to get OU in the North you would just about have to lose 2 teams in the northern division since OSU is north of OU. Then what do you do, have the North Division and the Texas Division? Add another two Texas schools to the mix...? There is no way to realign, North and South are too far divided distance wise. We are stuck with what we are.

simple, move OU to the north. Add a team to the south like TCU or something. Keep one or two interleague games, like OU vs. UT.

So we get rid of...Kansas State? This would also essentially recreate the Big 8 as the "North" and have the Southwest Conference as the "South."

We already have too many teams to the south...too many Texas schools IMHO. Texas comprises 1/3 of the Big 12 as it stands now. Losing a school in the North is ridiculous, because to get OU in the North you would just about have to lose 2 teams in the northern division since OSU is north of OU. Then what do you do, have the North Division and the Texas Division? Add another two Texas schools to the mix...? There is no way to realign, North and South are too far divided distance wise. We are stuck with what we are.

Fixed it for ya........I think you meant 2/3 of the Big 12 South