hearing the same things

First off, I will say I know this isn't how I should think and I know it but...

I got angry when I heard just give Bo some time, get the players he needs to fit the system and then Nebraska will be back.

That is exactly what we all heard 4 years ago with Cally, I know this isn't a quick fix, and you have to hope, but I am just hoping it doesn't turn out the same way.

Also the announcer after halftime said something that if Bo convince the players that the score was 0-0 they shouldn't be playing because they are not smart enough to realize it isn't, after Bo told the sideliner that is what he told the team.

But I think it is the opposite, you want players who never give up and keep fighting as if it is a new game

I got angry when I heard just give Bo some time, get the players he needs to fit the system and then Nebraska will be back.

That is exactly what we all heard 4 years ago with Cally, I know this isn't a quick fix, and you have to hope, but I am just hoping it doesn't turn out the same way.

Also the announcer after halftime said something that if Bo convince the players that the score was 0-0 they shouldn't be playing because they are not smart enough to realize it isn't, after Bo told the sideliner that is what he told the team.

But I think it is the opposite, you want players who never give up and keep fighting as if it is a new game

The difference between Bo and Cally is Bo respects the traditions and the history of Nebraska football. Cally just didn't respect anything about the program, it was his way or GFY.

***SNIP***

That's not what was said. Actually, the announcer said that no coach could convince any kid that it's "0-0" after a first half like we had, and that if there was any kid that could be convinced of that, the kid wouldn't be on scholarship. The other announcer said, "Or even make it into college."

The point was that kids are not stupid; you shouldn't try and blow smoke up their ass and expect them to believe it. They were not implying that saying that would be "giving up".

***SNIP***

That's not what was said. Actually, the announcer said that no coach could convince any kid that it's "0-0" after a first half like we had, and that if there was any kid that could be convinced of that, the kid wouldn't be on scholarship. The other announcer said, "Or even make it into college."

The point was that kids are not stupid; you shouldn't try and blow smoke up their ass and expect them to believe it. They were not implying that saying that would be "giving up".

That is what I heard, too....and that any kid that you could convince it was 0-0 shouldn't be on your team.

The difference between the human amoeba and Bo are night and day. Bo would give you a no BS assesment of the situation, while the other one would be trying to find his spine.

TV announcers jump on the bandwagon of the top teams in the country at that time? Remember USC the last couple of years? i thought the guys on gameday were gonna suck Carrol's dick. (pardon my language)

But anyway, Pelini knows what NUfootball is all about, he been with the program before. Callahan didnt know anything about our tradition and changed way too many things which left us where we are now