A Little Perspective For Husker Fans

Cy needs to go back to the ISU board. I think its extremely funny how fans of other teams come here to share their "knowledge" with us. "Cy, do you have Husker fans on your ISU board with 1000+ posts?" I doubt it.

Quit trying to comfort us and stop telling us how we are all a bunch of whinny little fans.

THIS IS OUR BOARD.....NOT YOURS.....WE DON'T NEED YOUR DISTORTED "PERSPECTIVE" HERE

Wow. You are so right. Cy should leave the board. Never mind that he is one of the best things about this board. Most people on this board would take one Cy on this board over any number of you. Just sayin....

For once, I agree with a jayhawk fan... haha.

In all honesty HuskerBCS, this board would not be the same without Cy and you know it. Also, I can't get over how pissy you are whining about about fans of other teams coming to post here. This happens to be the greatest husker message board on the internets, and without the likes of Cy or even TuffTiger it would be nowhere near the same. And the entire point of Cy making this thread was for comic relief. If you cannot see that, then you either cannot comprehend what you read or you do not know Cy.

I would much rather see a whining fairweather husker fan leave than Cy who's posts are brilliantly funny while still adding a great deal of content to the conversation...

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

Cy, You are 1 of the posters who I watch for. You are one of the thousands, nay millions, of college football fans out there who make this sport what it is to all the rest of us, we never played, we never were fortunate enough to even attend a big time school, but we are still tried and true fans of the school that we cheer for. This fall I sent my princess, my daughter, to UNL for her first year in college. I could not be more proud of her for anything in the world. Cy it is you and Ok Sooner and MO tiger and Co buffalo and many, many more college football fans who lit the fire in me that made sure that she would be attending a major university and making her Dad one of the proudest Papa's on the face of the earth.

Cy, you are always welcome at my table or my tailgate.

Thanks for being you man.

T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

NEWSFLASH>>>>>>We are not ISU, Never have been, Never will be.

Doesnt make things any better just because you guys suck.

kinda like it doesn't make you a great lover just because I slept with your girlfriend right?

Game, set and match..........................

I love this little banter! .... and CY I loved your narrative about your beloved Cy! I don't wish that much bad luck on ISU. Because there are enough teams that I would rather see have that kind of luck... most Texas schools, MU, CU, KSt, Penn St, Michigan, USC, ND, and Miami.

I cant believe someone on here whose spent more then 1 week on here would dare berate cy. Being a cyclone fan is just madness. How can those people go into jacktrice ever weekend just to watch there team get pounded. The same reason we all pile into memorial. I have respect for cy and think his posts are witty and believe it or not, he does root for the huskers. The ability for you to make fun of cy is impossible, hes way to quick for any of us. People like BRI, Cy, Drowning. are irreplaceable on this board and any snotnose punk 10 posts into the board better look at the history of some of there posts. As ive stated before. Your ability to make fun of cy and have it be funny has resulted in one thing.

epic_fail.jpg

Thanks for the kind (?) words, but I don’t come to this board for your praise and adulation but because it’s one of the best boards I’ve found for discussing college football: past present and future.

This board has a lot of unique things going for it that most don’t…

1. Here, the members not only tolerate but actually seem to welcome posters who are fans of other schools…even total boneheads like Jayhawk <_< That’s kind of nice for a guy like me who comes from a long line of losers…like being adopted by the Rockefellers or something. Other boards tend to chase you off or ban you right quick if they sense you aren’t a total homer for their team.

2. People here are knowledgeable about their team and the system. Most boards are full of people who think a quick slant is that fast Oriental guy that delivers the Chinese food…ask them to list their linemen and they’ll start with the cable guy and finish with the phone dude. No clue who all the personnel are, who’s on the bench, what they do well and what they don’t do so well. They know the “stars” and that’s all they need to know…I bet I’m not far off thinking the people on this board not only know everybody on their own team, but most of the people who play for opponents (probably another advantage of letting guys like me and those boneheads Jayhawk and Fro Daddy hang around here).

3. Members who have been around a while are still active. Lots of old timers on here that remember games from a decade or two ago. This is the only board I’ve found where someone might have actually witnessed me thrashing their silly team with my amazing athletic ability on any given Saturday in the early 80’s. It really is pretty amazing to mention the name Todd Frain and have someone actually recognize it. I can mention the name Todd Frain to Todd Frain and he barely remembers it. That tells you a lot about the members right there.

I could go on and on but I don’t feel like it…and frankly, if I were to continue, it would cut into your time to praise and adulate over me. One final thing though…you people actually “Get It” for the most part…God only knows how many of my subtle jokes, sarcasm and innuendos sail over the heads of insipid K-State or Iowa fans. The internet is definitely a bad thing when fools learn to use it…

There you go…Cheers for having the best board on the net today and letting me use it now and then. I always return it when I'm through using it you know...sometimes even in one piece :o

Thanks for the kind (?) words, but I don’t come to this board for your praise and adulation but because it’s one of the best boards I’ve found for discussing college football: past present and future.

This board has a lot of unique things going for it that most don’t…

1. Here, the members not only tolerate but actually seem to welcome posters who are fans of other schools…even total boneheads like Jayhawk <_< That’s kind of nice for a guy like me who comes from a long line of losers…like being adopted by the Rockefellers or something. Other boards tend to chase you off or ban you right quick if they sense you aren’t a total homer for their team.

2. People here are knowledgeable about their team and the system. Most boards are full of people who think a quick slant is that fast Oriental guy that delivers the Chinese food…ask them to list their linemen and they’ll start with the cable guy and finish with the phone dude. No clue who all the personnel are, who’s on the bench, what they do well and what they don’t do so well. They know the “stars” and that’s all they need to know…I bet I’m not far off thinking the people on this board not only know everybody on their own team, but most of the people who play for opponents (probably another advantage of letting guys like me and those boneheads Jayhawk and Fro Daddy hang around here).

3. Members who have been around a while are still active. Lots of old timers on here that remember games from a decade or two ago. This is the only board I’ve found where someone might have actually witnessed me thrashing their silly team with my amazing athletic ability on any given Saturday in the early 80’s. It really is pretty amazing to mention the name Todd Frain and have someone actually recognize it. I can mention the name Todd Frain to Todd Frain and he barely remembers it. That tells you a lot about the members right there.

I could go on and on but I don’t feel like it…and frankly, if I were to continue, it would cut into your time to praise and adulate over me. One final thing though…you people actually “Get It” for the most part…God only knows how many of my subtle jokes, sarcasm and innuendos sail over the heads of insipid K-State or Iowa fans. The internet is definitely a bad thing when fools learn to use it…

There you go…Cheers for having the best board on the net today and letting me use it now and then. I always return it when I'm through using it you know...sometimes even in one piece :o

Not only the best GBR board but the opposing fans is one of the reasons i joined also....i even send most of Cy's posts to my brother who isn't even a NU fan! BTW Cy, he enjoys your stuff too.

Keep up the good work.