A Little Perspective For Husker Fans

Hey, let's not simply use Iowa State to make us feel better when there are fellow fallen powerhouses to do the job.

At this point would you rather be:

Michigan?

Auburn?

Tennessee?

Notre Dame?

Washington?

UCLA?

Texas A&M?

Colorado?

Clemson?

I imagine there's also some gnashing of teeth and questioning of God going on at Georgia after last Saturday.

Try looking at the positive side.

Every single power goes through this. We were fortunate it took so long to arrive, and I think the corner is turned. A hell of lot better than Michigan is doing, Tennessee just fired fulmer.

Will we ever be what we were in the mid 90's? I doubt it, but I doub any one else will be either.

Play the game the best you can, be a clean program, graduate your players and strive to improve everyday. That is what I want to see.

And dagnabit I am seeing it.

You have lost the meaning of Nebraska if you think it is just about winning or losing.

Hey, let's not simply use Iowa State to make us feel better when there are fellow fallen powerhouses to do the job.

At this point would you rather be:

Michigan?

Auburn?

Tennessee?

Notre Dame?

Washington?

UCLA?

Texas A&M?

Colorado?

Clemson?

I imagine there's also some gnashing of teeth and questioning of God going on at Georgia after last Saturday.

michigan seems to be in the same boat we were a few years back... a new head coach not willing to budge on his system despite not having the players to get the job done.... not saying that rich rod is like callahan in all aspects, i mean, at least he has the right college offense, but it is kind of reminiscing how similar it looks...except they may be even worse.

Oh boy, Happy Days are Here Again because we aren’t as bad as ISU. Man I feel so much better about this team and this program now that I’ve seen stats from the worst team in the conference and being shown that we are better then them. Oh boy compared to Michigan we are golden. Compared to Tennessee we are top notch. I guess isn’t this the whole half full half empty thing?

Also what was ISU’s record compared to NU’s last year? So should we have been happy with last year because heck we were better then ISU? Isn’t that what we are being told with this thread? Maybe that would fly if we were a program that has a history of complete nonsuccess like ISU, but we not.

Sits back and waits for the easily taken cheap shot about someone’s wife or girlfriend. I will be busy though so I may not see it because I have a bunch of back flips to do because we aren’t ISU.

Uh..in actuality, NU and ISU had identical conference records last year...just thought I would point that out to you, along with the fact that the ISU defense ranked about 40-50 points higher than the NU defense...and that was with an athletic budget that's about 80% less than what Nebraska has available to spend...

So if ISU can look like crap for 80% less than Nebraska can look like crap...maybe you should funnel some of that money over to the wrestling team? Just a suggestion if you don't like the improvement you're seeing out of the Huskers....

Not every day sir, but when I have time.

The difference is I bought all the kool aid before and went through what all the kool aid drinkers are going through now.

I am not happy about the loss, no one ever is, but I understand why it happened and can see steps being taken to stop it happening in the future. Makes life easier when you are seeing what is to be expected, than crying about not seeing what you dreamed.

This is how I taught my kid to be a little more thankful for what he has...and I think it'll work with whiny Husker fans too since a lot of them are acting like pouty 8 year olds...

We were at a park eating a picnic lunch. I got out the sandwiches and dished up his stuff while he was out screwing around on the monkey bars then I yelled for him to come over and eat. He comes running up, sits down and says to me:

"Geez Dad...ONE sandwich? When Mom takes me on a picnic she gives me like three sandwiches and chips and candy and stuff..."

"Really? Well...here..." then I dumped his sandwich on to mine and gave him back his empty plate...

"This here is what a lot of people in Armenia have to eat smart ass...so maybe you should have been happy with what you had huh? By the way...your mother is a blood sucking leech who would steal a dime out of blind man's pencil cup..."

Okay...that last part doesn't really apply here but the rest of it does in some twisted, time to go home from work, way.

Cy needs to go back to the ISU board. I think its extremely funny how fans of other teams come here to share their "knowledge" with us. "Cy, do you have Husker fans on your ISU board with 1000+ posts?" I doubt it.

Quit trying to comfort us and stop telling us how we are all a bunch of whinny little fans.

THIS IS OUR BOARD.....NOT YOURS.....WE DON'T NEED YOUR DISTORTED "PERSPECTIVE" HERE

Oh boy, Happy Days are Here Again because we aren’t as bad as ISU. Man I feel so much better about this team and this program now that I’ve seen stats from the worst team in the conference and being shown that we are better then them. Oh boy compared to Michigan we are golden. Compared to Tennessee we are top notch. I guess isn’t this the whole half full half empty thing?

Also what was ISU’s record compared to NU’s last year? So should we have been happy with last year because heck we were better then ISU? Isn’t that what we are being told with this thread? Maybe that would fly if we were a program that has a history of complete nonsuccess like ISU, but we not.

Sits back and waits for the easily taken cheap shot about someone’s wife or girlfriend. I will be busy though so I may not see it because I have a bunch of back flips to do because we aren’t ISU.

Uh..in actuality, NU and ISU had identical conference records last year...just thought I would point that out to you, along with the fact that the ISU defense ranked about 40-50 points higher than the NU defense...and that was with an athletic budget that's about 80% less than what Nebraska has available to spend...

So if ISU can look like crap for 80% less than Nebraska can look like crap...maybe you should funnel some of that money over to the wrestling team? Just a suggestion if you don't like the improvement you're seeing out of the Huskers....

That almost makes sense. Like I said almost.

Maybe if the ISU AD was a little smarter and allowed single game tickets instead of forcing opposing teams to buy season tickets your budget would be better. $130,000,000 (isn't that the Pollard plan) debt with no means of paying it back is kind of stupid as well. Just wondering what is KU or Mizzou's football budget?

Once again just because we are better then the worst team in the Big 12 and the 2nd worst in the HISTORY of the conference we are supposed to be happy? Whatever dude. Also don't teams play more then the conference games so 5-7 is greater then 3-9 so I ask again should we have been happy with last year because we were better then ISU?

Most points OU has scored in conference since 2003, most points OU has ever scored against NU, But hey we are better then ISU. Let's all go run hand in hand sing happy songs and just think our lucky stars that we aren't ISU. Mental mistakes, players out of position, penalty after penalty, But that doesn't matter because hey it could be worse we could be ISU.

For the record NU beat ISU so we didn't have identical conference records because head to head tie breaker.

Like I said earlier everything changes tomorrow, everyone will be one big happy family. I will be singing a different tune and be so thankful that my favorite team isn't as bad as the worst team in the Big 12. Man that just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling knowing that we are better then the doormat known as ISU. If you'll excuse me I must go do a two footed jump with a fist pump because I am so happy that NU is better then ISU. :madash:moreinteresting

I get the being thankful for what you have crap, I really do. However if anyone is happy with the current state of the football team because we are better then ISU and gets some peace out of this junk then I'm sorry but you are crazy. :madash:moreinteresting

So unless you are happy with a freaking blow out loss that was a complete return to last year and the crappy stuff I have pointed out numerous times you are a whiny little 8 year old? Just wondering.

For the record my oldest will be 8 on Friday and she is very thankful for everything she has, cares more for other peoples feelings more then she does her own, would give up her only sandwich at a picnic if she saw someone that didn't have one and needed one. So I am REALLY REALLY thankful that my soon to be 8 year old isn't the one in your well thought out analogy. (I assume by the cheap shot at "your wife" that it is all made up)

Cy needs to go back to the ISU board. I think its extremely funny how fans of other teams come here to share their "knowledge" with us. "Cy, do you have Husker fans on your ISU board with 1000+ posts?" I doubt it.

Quit trying to comfort us and stop telling us how we are all a bunch of whinny little fans.

THIS IS OUR BOARD.....NOT YOURS.....WE DON'T NEED YOUR DISTORTED "PERSPECTIVE" HERE

FIRST off, CY is welcome here anytime and for everyone that is taking offense for what he has said. TOUGH sh#t. I like his posts and he is one funny bastard. There is always the ignore function if you do not want to read his posts.

Besides, CY is a closet Husker fan that can't stay in the closet.

Seriously?

A 62 poster taking ownership of this board and telling an 1100+ poster he needs to scram?

Are you a decendant of Columbus "Discovering" a "New World" inhabited by a few critters and some red upright walking "savages"..and claiming it for someone elses Queen? :dumdum

...your mother is a blood sucking leech who would steal a dime out of blind man's pencil cup..."

Okay...that last part doesn't really apply here but the rest of it does in some twisted, time to go home from work, way.

Cy..You weren't ex-Buckeye37's 1st or 2nd Husband, were you???

I somehow feel I need your "DISTORTED PERSPECTIVE"