A Little Perspective For Husker Fans

Cy needs to go back to the ISU board. I think its extremely funny how fans of other teams come here to share their "knowledge" with us. "Cy, do you have Husker fans on your ISU board with 1000+ posts?" I doubt it.

Quit trying to comfort us and stop telling us how we are all a bunch of whinny little fans.

THIS IS OUR BOARD.....NOT YOURS.....WE DON'T NEED YOUR DISTORTED "PERSPECTIVE" HERE

Wow. You are so right. Cy should leave the board. Never mind that he is one of the best things about this board. Most people on this board would take one Cy on this board over any number of you. Just sayin....

Oh boy, Happy Days are Here Again because we aren’t as bad as ISU. Man I feel so much better about this team and this program now that I’ve seen stats from the worst team in the conference and being shown that we are better then them. Oh boy compared to Michigan we are golden. Compared to Tennessee we are top notch. I guess isn’t this the whole half full half empty thing?

Also what was ISU’s record compared to NU’s last year? So should we have been happy with last year because heck we were better then ISU? Isn’t that what we are being told with this thread? Maybe that would fly if we were a program that has a history of complete nonsuccess like ISU, but we not.

Sits back and waits for the easily taken cheap shot about someone’s wife or girlfriend. I will be busy though so I may not see it because I have a bunch of back flips to do because we aren’t ISU.

Uh..in actuality, NU and ISU had identical conference records last year...just thought I would point that out to you, along with the fact that the ISU defense ranked about 40-50 points higher than the NU defense...and that was with an athletic budget that's about 80% less than what Nebraska has available to spend...

So if ISU can look like crap for 80% less than Nebraska can look like crap...maybe you should funnel some of that money over to the wrestling team? Just a suggestion if you don't like the improvement you're seeing out of the Huskers....

That almost makes sense. Like I said almost.

Maybe if the ISU AD was a little smarter and allowed single game tickets instead of forcing opposing teams to buy season tickets your budget would be better. $130,000,000 (isn't that the Pollard plan) debt with no means of paying it back is kind of stupid as well. Just wondering what is KU or Mizzou's football budget?

Once again just because we are better then the worst team in the Big 12 and the 2nd worst in the HISTORY of the conference we are supposed to be happy? Whatever dude. Also don't teams play more then the conference games so 5-7 is greater then 3-9 so I ask again should we have been happy with last year because we were better then ISU?

Most points OU has scored in conference since 2003, most points OU has ever scored against NU, But hey we are better then ISU. Let's all go run hand in hand sing happy songs and just think our lucky stars that we aren't ISU. Mental mistakes, players out of position, penalty after penalty, But that doesn't matter because hey it could be worse we could be ISU.

For the record NU beat ISU so we didn't have identical conference records because head to head tie breaker.

Like I said earlier everything changes tomorrow, everyone will be one big happy family. I will be singing a different tune and be so thankful that my favorite team isn't as bad as the worst team in the Big 12. Man that just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling knowing that we are better then the doormat known as ISU. If you'll excuse me I must go do a two footed jump with a fist pump because I am so happy that NU is better then ISU. :madash:moreinteresting

I get the being thankful for what you have crap, I really do. However if anyone is happy with the current state of the football team because we are better then ISU and gets some peace out of this junk then I'm sorry but you are crazy. :madash:moreinteresting

So unless you are happy with a freaking blow out loss that was a complete return to last year and the crappy stuff I have pointed out numerous times you are a whiny little 8 year old? Just wondering.

For the record my oldest will be 8 on Friday and she is very thankful for everything she has, cares more for other peoples feelings more then she does her own, would give up her only sandwich at a picnic if she saw someone that didn't have one and needed one. So I am REALLY REALLY thankful that my soon to be 8 year old isn't the one in your well thought out analogy. (I assume by the cheap shot at "your wife" that it is all made up)

You're right...your team totally sucks. You should jump on the bandwagon of some team that never loses because this bunch of Huskers obviously doesn't live up to your high standards and they don't deserve a great fan such as yourself....

I read your posts and all you do is complain and complain. Why doesn't this happen? Why doesn't that happen? How long do we have to put up with this? You sound like a political science major. Whining about problems but never offering solutions. You got complaints? Great! Why don't YOU coach the team? Obviously you are the great oracle of Husker football and have determined what all the problems are. Take the plunge and go fix em then Gipper! I'm sure Dr. Tom, Bo and the rest of the athletic department would be honored to have you bestow your great wealth of football knowledge upon them so they can return the Huskers to national promenince! I'm sure they are waiting for your call...best get on it.

Also for the record...my then 8-year old is now a 12 year old and he would not wait for your daughter to offer him her sandwich if he thought he needed it. He would just go over and take it from her...old skool.

I don't get people who don't want to hear outside perspective anyway. Especially when it is thought out and well delivered. If everyone agrees, we don't need a bulletin board except to talk about what time the freaking game starts and where to park (Thanks for those who answered my post, by the way). The reason I am here more than on an all KU board is PRECISELY because there are lots of knowledgable posters, which fits the NU demographic and people have interesting talks on the board. I am fine talking lots of NU, and I get KU talk if I want it or not, due to my name.

Cy needs to go back to the ISU board. I think its extremely funny how fans of other teams come here to share their "knowledge" with us. "Cy, do you have Husker fans on your ISU board with 1000+ posts?" I doubt it.

Quit trying to comfort us and stop telling us how we are all a bunch of whinny little fans.

THIS IS OUR BOARD.....NOT YOURS.....WE DON'T NEED YOUR DISTORTED "PERSPECTIVE" HERE

Seriously...I drip more football knowledge down my leg after sex than you have accumulated in your entire life...

Maybe once you've been on the turf at Memorial as a player and not a member of the band or a cheerleader we can talk.... <_<

You obviously dont know who I am....HA.

Seriously?

A 62 poster taking ownership of this board and telling an 1100+ poster he needs to scram?

Check out the date we each joined....I am a man of few words....doesnt mean I know less.

My dad can beat up your dad!!!!

Ok, since there are some long winded diatribes in this thread, i'll break it down...

4 years prior to this one, suckage of mythical porportions

+

This year, new coach, new life, but new coach trying to dig out of the mire left by previous regime.

=

Tough sledding for a little while

Seriously?

A 62 poster taking ownership of this board and telling an 1100+ poster he needs to scram?

Check out the date we each joined....I am a man of few words....doesnt mean I know less.

Arguements over who has how many posts, eternally stupid...

This is like wars over religon. Who really has the better imaginary friend?

Man I get tired of the whiners on this board. Maybe it is the combination of a poor economy and Huskers struggles over the last few years that has created the Whiners. In my opinion which you can take or leave I do not care, If you thought that the Huskers were going to be competing each week as if we were back in the 90's then you are not very realistic.

People, If you see a problem bring it up, follow that with a solution that you see would fix the problem But to sit and bitch about this is insane.

I personally like Cy's approach. He not only has a good grasp of the game he also is able to inject humor into it. Maybe some people around here should lighten up. This is only a message board.

GBR

I am grateful that as a Husker fan I have the experience of the past that reminds me what a great team they have been and with that knowledge I can wait for the rebuilding to be done because the wait is worth the reward.

It would be much harder to be a committed fan of a team that has not made it to the top and has not been considered a national power that people take the time to hate. Just like life, teams have their ups and downs and what the team - and fans - do during the down stage tells a lot about the program.

Call me a Husker for life...

The round went to Cy... Lets ask the judges... How about you Randy. What did you think?

Randy: I dunno dawg. The whole thing just didn't jive with me. All the whining by some in the backup NU fan singers was kind of pitchy for me.

And you Paula?

Paula: I thought Cy gave some thoughtful interesting points. He will always be one of favorites for years to come.

How about your thoughts Simon...

Simon: The whole thing was hideous. All the nanny-nanny boo-boo being tossed around. The whole performance was unforgettable. We will wake up tomorrow and won't remember a word that was said.

How about you Suga?

Sugalean: Well I thought he started off well. He gave us great facts although they were rough and tough to read. He made his points albeit they were unpopular. In the middle he might of went below his yrs with all the cutting of dozens. Still he handled himself well. No doubt about it, this Cy can flame with the best of them. His dismount however saved the routine. I gave him 9.85. Great techniques and imagination. Too bad he is a Cyclone, we could use someone with his guts and gile in the Sea of Red.

Damn Cyclonefanatic board banned me again...said I was a troll and a "Husker Homer"... <_<

f*ckin idiots.... :angry:

Poor Cy, the Rodney Dangerfield of the intertubes. Don't worry bro, even some of us newcomers to the huskerboard site enjoy reading your weekly picks.

I'm sorry, but he's not quite at Rodney status yet (Dangerfield is a god)....

More like Al Bundy

Seriously?

Yeah..I noticed that before..You joined about a month after me..

0.1 posts per day?

How dare you You must have a life outside HB <_<

But I doubt many of us read these things religiously to Learn more about Foolsball..I, myself know so much about it my brain sometimes itches and I hafta think about sandpaper just to relieve it.

I've even been known to search for Cy's post just for the sheer entertainment value..He makes me laugh...

(Turn your back, CY..I hate to see an old TE blush before Easter).

I can't think of ANY fans of other teams on here that I don't enjoy reading and maybe even argueing with.

Try visiting other boards..The mispellings and "Related Parents" word usage will make almost anybody feel better about their own fanbase.

That's why I was reluctant to join a Husker Board..I could keep on telling Buckeye37 that we had really smart people back home in Nebraska... (That, and I was afraid it would be full of "Yes Men").

I'd been a member of a Florida Gator board for 3 or 4 years before I joined here..Some of them asked why or tried to shoo me off, And I told them..I figured if ANY team or conference needed to be straightened out on Football, it was them.

THey barely let me out alive..Reminded me of why I loved playing Dodgeball so much (still undefeated).

But they ended up voting me favourite outsider or something more embarrassing, so I made them kick me off by starting a thread about Female ejaculation.

I was surprised to see how many posts Cy has..Usually you don't equate Quantity with Quality.

If it weren't for the "Picks threads"..He'd probably definitely have both.

:box