A Little Perspective For Husker Fans

Though I know it’s not proper to speak ill of the dead….

Question: As of Sunday only 14 D-1 football teams: Iowa State, Michigan, UAB, SMU, Western Kentucky, Ohio, Kent State, Eastern Michigan, San Diego State, Washington, Washington State, North Texas, Utah State and Idaho, have achieved this monumental goal during the 2008 football season. What have these teams accomplished that no other teams have been able to thus far this season?

Answer: These are the only 14 teams mathematically eliminated from bowl consideration so far this year.

Question: Which team in D-1 football has the second longest road losing streak after the University of Alabama Birmingham?

Answer: The Iowa State Cyclones…who, if they live up to expectations, will have gone 3 entire seasons without winning a game on the road.

Question: Which Big 12 team is the only team to have not won a conference game during the 2008 season

Answer: The Iowa State Cyclones who, incidentally, also have the longest losing streak in the B-12 conference with 7 in a row…and counting.

Question: Who has the worst defense in the B-12 against both the rush and the pass

Answer: The Iowa State Cyclones…who not only rank dead last in almost all defensive categories in the B-12 but are ranked 110th among all D-1 schools in the country!

Question: What player set an NCAA D-1 football record this weekend against a team from the state of Oklahoma?

Answer: Leonard Thompson from Iowa State University set the modern day record for most kick-off return yards in a game with 319….more indicative of the fact that OK-State kicked off about a dozen times rather than Thomas’ talent. Thomas later complained about being told to take a knee by a teammate after fielding yet another kick off in the 3rd quarter. Apparently he wanted to “run the yardage up” on OK-State….

On a side note…Iowa State made it into OK-State’s record books by allowing the longest touchdown pass ever completed in OK-State history. A 96-yarder in the 3rd quarter. Iowa State is also the record holder of B-12 teams for records set while being played against…. <_<

When you put things into perspective, things seem a lot better for Husker fans don’t they? If you want to whine and moan about your team, we have lots of empty seats at Jack Trice and you’re more than welcome to them…heck, you can even help throw Chizik and Bolt under the bus if you want…the more the merrier! All Husker fans should be happy with what’s been going on so far this season compared to last. Sure, there will be a blow-out of two along the line but at least there is improvement being shown…unlike other places we could speak of… You want something to bitch about...try "rebuilding" for about 30 years...THEN you can start complaining.

P.S….Dear Michigan…you now officially suck...but with more conference and broadcast revenue than anybody else which means you Ultra suck.... :angry:

I must say ISU fans are a special and rare breed. Every year hopes are built and every year pain and misery ensues. Yet you keep coming back for more. I liken you fellas to that of a Hacker in golf. Always at the range trying to get better, wanting to get better, but the way you practice just enforces bad habits and you go out and chew the course up. But something special occurs in the 7 hrs it takes you to get around the track, you catch one clean and admire its beauty as it sails into the sand trap, and that is what keeps you coming back. HOPE.

NEWSFLASH>>>>>>We are not ISU, Never have been, Never will be.

Doesnt make things any better just because you guys suck.

kinda like it doesn't make you a great lover just because I slept with your girlfriend right?

Game, set and match..........................

Right...the point I wanted to get across was that considering the cards stacked against Nebraska (new coach, new or inexperienced players, new system) this year, things are actually looking pretty good. You just have to remember to take the results you're seeing and place them in context with other teams and programs that are going through the same rebuilding process. Do that and you'll see that Pelini and crew in most cases are doing better than many people expected....

Oh boy, Happy Days are Here Again because we aren’t as bad as ISU. Man I feel so much better about this team and this program now that I’ve seen stats from the worst team in the conference and being shown that we are better then them. Oh boy compared to Michigan we are golden. Compared to Tennessee we are top notch. I guess isn’t this the whole half full half empty thing?

Also what was ISU’s record compared to NU’s last year? So should we have been happy with last year because heck we were better then ISU? Isn’t that what we are being told with this thread? Maybe that would fly if we were a program that has a history of complete nonsuccess like ISU, but we not.

Sits back and waits for the easily taken cheap shot about someone’s wife or girlfriend. I will be busy though so I may not see it because I have a bunch of back flips to do because we aren’t ISU.