Bogus Bad Publicity - Front Page ESPN

GI56

Why thank you! And let me return the platitudes by saying that i sincerely consider you to be the Huskerboard's...nay, the entire internet's, equivilant to the legendary Coach Knight!

Thanks for calling me one of the greatest posters on this board or the whole internet for that matter with the Bobby Knight (what ever that means anyway) of Huskerboard thing. I do have an extensive sweater collection and bushy eyebrows so I take it as a compliment that you said that. That really made my day. You can’t tell but I’m giving you a hug over the internet. Nothing but positive vibes man, nothing but good energy. :thumbs

I’ve always considered you to be the Larry Eustachy of the board or the whole internet. Or was it Steve Alford, or Barry Collier, or Kelvin Sampson, or Mike Davis, or Danny Nee, or Tommy Amaker, or Tubby Smith, or Eddie Sutton, or Jerry Tarkanian. :dunno

Anyway back to the topic. Bo will get a grip on things and if he doesn’t now that he says he will the sharks will come a calling again. Emotion is good but there is a line, Division 1 football or not he still has moments where he looks stupid and goes a bit overboard.

Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go find a chair to throw or was a basketball player to choke. <_<

Why thank you! And let me return the platitudes by saying that i sincerely consider you to be the Huskerboard's...nay, the entire internet's, equivilant to the legendary Coach Knight!

Thanks for calling me one of the greatest posters on this board or the whole internet for that matter with the Bobby Knight (what ever that means anyway) of Huskerboard thing. I do have an extensive sweater collection and bushy eyebrows so I take it as a compliment that you said that. That really made my day. You can’t tell but I’m giving you a hug over the internet. Nothing but positive vibes man, nothing but good energy. :thumbs

I’ve always considered you to be the Larry Eustachy of the board or the whole internet. Or was it Steve Alford, or Barry Collier, or Kelvin Sampson, or Mike Davis, or Danny Nee, or Tommy Amaker, or Tubby Smith, or Eddie Sutton, or Jerry Tarkanian. :dunno

Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go find a chair to throw or was a basketball player to choke. <_<

Thanks Bill! Hope things are going okay for you up there in New York....I know we were all a little hard on you here in the Midwest but...let's face it, you were right...we're all a bunch of f'ing hillbillies. ;)

Oh..Cos says hi and if you're ever shopping at the Piggly Wiggly in Prattville, Alabama...stop in and check out his cool new stocker apron. It has a plastic protector pocket and everything!

Thanks Bill! Hope things are going okay for you up there in New York....I know we were all a little hard on you here in the Midwest but...let's face it, you were right...we're all a bunch of f'ing hillbillies. ;)

Oh..Cos says hi and if you're ever shopping at the Piggly Wiggly in Prattville, Alabama...stop in and check out his cool new stocker apron. It has a plastic protector pocket and everything!

Once again thank you for the kind words. To be called Billy Callahan is one of the best compliments that I have received in years. I got choked up when I first saw that and it really really really touched me. If you aren’t careful you may end up on my favorites list, however I wish you would stop changing my name though because I’m getting confused on what I should say when I speak in the third person. :wacko:

Now if you’ll excuse me Billy and Coz are going to go buy a Smart Car with our University issued checks. Billy loves buyout checks. Billy got vanity plates that read “CYDAMAN”. Billy likes ISU football. Billy going “green”, Billy loves Al Gore. Hold on shouldn’t I have been saying Bobby? I’m so confused Bobby, Billy, Billy, Bobby, which one is it? :dunno

Bobby hopes Bo doesn’t let his emotions get the best of him this weekend and he does something he will regret later. Billy knows that Bo won’t now that he has been told to watch it by his wife. Billy hopes he doesn’t do something as vile as call a bunch of hillbillies F*n Hillbillies or something so despicable as to do a “had it up to here, throat slash” gesture towards an official. Bobby knows he won’t though.

Anyway Billy Bobby has to go back to work now. Bobby Billy will talk to you later. Have a pleasant evening and I hope all your wishes come true. :thumbsdedhoarse

One question though: Are you saying it was ok for Bobby Knight to choke Neil Reed because he was 6’2” 205 lbs and 20 years old? Just wondering

Wow. I really screwed up the whole quoting thing. Have you ever stood next to Bob Knight? No way he could do any harm to someone's Reed's size. Anyway to your question... of course not. My point is that Knight didn't attempt to strangle anyone for Godsakes, the whole incident was rediculous. But the media had a heyday with it anyway, and I think the same thing is happening here, With Bo being vilified by some as some kind of lunatic. I mean, afterall, this is a learning experience for him as well.