Bogus Bad Publicity - Front Page ESPN

GI56

I agree that Bo needs to tone it down. There's no need to fly off the handle every time something goes wrong and I would think after a while it loses its effectiveness on the players.

Having said that... he didn't do anything to deserve the negative publicity from ESPN or anyone else.

Agree with you there...when he chucks a yard marker out on the field like a big lawn dart, I think it'll then be time to hammer the fella.

THAT would be totally uncalled for.... <_<

I agree that Bo needs to tone it down. There's no need to fly off the handle every time something goes wrong and I would think after a while it loses its effectiveness on the players.

Having said that... he didn't do anything to deserve the negative publicity from ESPN or anyone else.

Agree with you there...when he chucks a yard marker out on the field like a big lawn dart, I think it'll then be time to hammer the fella.

THAT would be totally uncalled for.... <_<

:box I keep waiting for the Billy Martin routine...you know...kicking grass on the officials shoes. :clap

If you ask me and no one did I just think he looks like a complete moron when he does this stuff, but that could just be me? I understand the “fire” and passion stuff but he goes way past that sometimes into “wife beater” anger mode and losses control of his emotions and if you don’t think that has an effect on the players I can’t help you.

I don’t have a problem with him grabbing the facemask to get the kids attention, which is all he did no hitting, twisting or anything he just wanted eye contact. I also don’t have a problem with getting after the officials; however he appears to not be able to move past it and continues for plays. How can he expect the players to move on to the next play when he can’t do it himself?

No matter what any of us think the way he acts on the sidelines with cameras rolling is a direct reflection of how this program is viewed. Is it fair? Some is and some isn’t but that is the reality of the situation. The 17 personal fouls don’t help the cause either. Also you can’t tell me kids that might have been looking at NU may see this stuff and change their minds. (Don’t give me the “we don’t need them then” stuff because the reality is we need all the talent we can get)

He did admit that he has a problem and needs to work on it, which is a good thing. I’m sure he can find a happy medium without losing the “fire” and passion. You can’t tell me his folks and wife didn’t let him have it for how he appeared on TV.

As far as the “sissify” stuff in the world we live in. We can think the granola loving, tree hugging, Birkenstock wearing, Smart car driving, Oprah humping liberals for that and just think the party got bigger last night and will only get worse. Hooray for the USA!

Disclaimer: I was just responding to earlier post, if people want to turn this into a political thread we can start one in another section. Peace and happiness to all.

It is not just you. he does look like a moron when he does that --- swearing in general, and f-bombs in particular, are for 14 year old guys on clearasil and not dealing well with puberty (and even then it is not acceptable) --- not for educated adults. And... especially not for educated adults in the public setting as ambassadors of a university.

Win or lose, such behavior is deplorable.

If you ask me and no one did I just think he looks like a complete moron when he does this stuff, but that could just be me? I understand the “fire” and passion stuff but he goes way past that sometimes into “wife beater” anger mode and losses control of his emotions and if you don’t think that has an effect on the players I can’t help you.

I don’t have a problem with him grabbing the facemask to get the kids attention, which is all he did no hitting, twisting or anything he just wanted eye contact. I also don’t have a problem with getting after the officials; however he appears to not be able to move past it and continues for plays. How can he expect the players to move on to the next play when he can’t do it himself?

No matter what any of us think the way he acts on the sidelines with cameras rolling is a direct reflection of how this program is viewed. Is it fair? Some is and some isn’t but that is the reality of the situation. The 17 personal fouls don’t help the cause either. Also you can’t tell me kids that might have been looking at NU may see this stuff and change their minds. (Don’t give me the “we don’t need them then” stuff because the reality is we need all the talent we can get)

He did admit that he has a problem and needs to work on it, which is a good thing. I’m sure he can find a happy medium without losing the “fire” and passion. You can’t tell me his folks and wife didn’t let him have it for how he appeared on TV.

As far as the “sissify” stuff in the world we live in. We can think the granola loving, tree hugging, Birkenstock wearing, Smart car driving, Oprah humping liberals for that and just think the party got bigger last night and will only get worse. Hooray for the USA!

Disclaimer: I was just responding to earlier post, if people want to turn this into a political thread we can start one in another section. Peace and happiness to all.

It is not just you. he does look like a moron when he does that --- swearing in general, and f-bombs in particular, are for 14 year old guys on clearasil and not dealing well with puberty (and even then it is not acceptable) --- not for educated adults. And... especially not for educated adults in the public setting as ambassadors of a university.

Win or lose, such behavior is deplorable.

Some folks are never happy. Yea, the guy is a little over the top sometimes. Who cares??? TO never got emotional. He left that to the assistants.

Keep it up BO! What is he supposed to do whisper for fear of hurting someone's feelings. Give me a break...fight for your team....strap it up.....and get them right.

If you want him to keep his composure, maybe he should coach golf.

26 years in the Marine Corps, 3 tours in Viet Nam. This is one fo the first times I have ever been called a sissy.

I heard the F word regularly since the first day I joined the Corps until I retired. The point is he is representing the University of Nebraska. He represents our fans and our State. There is nothing good about what he has done.

But I will bet next months pay check we will not see it happen for awhile. Tom does not like it, does not approve of it, I know that for sure.

This is a rebuilding program we are on. We need to do everything right, everything.

Do not get me wrong. I want Bo here forever. I love the fire and the attitude, but he has to remember he is a celebrity now. He is the main focus for the program/University and after the tirades he has displayed his scrutiny will only get worse before it gets better.

26 years in the Marine Corps, 3 tours in Viet Nam. This is one fo the first times I have ever been called a sissy.

I heard the F word regularly since the first day I joined the Corps until I retired. The point is he is representing the University of Nebraska. He represents our fans and our State. There is nothing good about what he has done.

But I will bet next months pay check we will not see it happen for awhile. Tom does not like it, does not approve of it, I know that for sure.

This is a rebuilding program we are on. We need to do everything right, everything.

Do not get me wrong. I want Bo here forever. I love the fire and the attitude, but he has to remember he is a celebrity now. He is the main focus for the program/University and after the tirades he has displayed his scrutiny will only get worse before it gets better.

:bang And I was going to watch the freakin' game....how stupid I feel!!

Coach Fulmer made a comment about that. His comments were that Saturday afternoon were the smallest part of his job.

This if continued will affect a lot of things. Years ago you could get by with things, today everyone sees everything. Boosters, sponsors, parents of top recruits. We hold kids to certain standards, we have to hold the coaches to even higher standards.

This is not a little incident. And if it continues there will be problems.

But I honestly think Bo is a smart enough person to correct it. He knows it is a problem, my guess is we will see very little of it and some one will be around to stop it instantly when it starts. A coach spy as you will :clap

I honestly think we have seen the last of the problem. His family is not going to allow it.