Bogus Bad Publicity - Front Page ESPN

GI56

As far as the “sissify” stuff in the world we live in. We can think the granola loving, tree hugging, Birkenstock wearing, Smart car driving, Oprah humping liberals for that and just think the party got bigger last night and will only get worse. Hooray for the USA!

:yeah

Disclaimer: I was just responding to earlier post, if people want to turn this into a political thread we can start one in another section. Peace and happiness to all.

Please, please, no, no; we don't need to turn this into a political thread. I can't take any Dr. Phil comments right now.

C'mon, everyone on this board has witnessed these little outbursts of Bo's, and made excuses for them, but I am not so sure that we should excuse them too much longer, even Bo says they reflect back onto the program.

I think that Bo is very well aware of people not only around him, but around the country, noticing his behavior on the sidelines, and I look for him to kind of clean his act up a little. Being passionate about the game is one thing, but there is a line where it is perceived, rightfully or wrongly, as just being a bad sport. I think Bo is real close to falling over the edge of this line, if he hasn't already.

Bo needs to keep in mind that there are little Huskers out there, too...and many CAN read lips, especially when he repeats it more than once.

As far as the “sissify” stuff in the world we live in. We can think the granola loving, tree hugging, Birkenstock wearing, Smart car driving, Oprah humping liberals for that and just think the party got bigger last night and will only get worse. Hooray for the USA!

Disclaimer: I was just responding to earlier post, if people want to turn this into a political thread we can start one in another section. Peace and happiness to all.

"Change is coming"........I thought change was a good thing too, untill we got stuck with Bill Callahan. Be careful what you wish for.

Bah...everyone hates this kind of behavior from a coach...unless he's winning. Look at Bobby Knight. Guy threw chairs, cussed out refs, choked players...horrible, horrible...except at the same time, he was winning Big 10 and NCAA Championships. I thought it was pretty amusing that his behavior didn't become "unacceptable" till his teams started to lose...

Another thing that is amusing is that no matter how "unacceptable" his behavior was according to the media or the Euroweenie administrators of the university...his players loved him and are, to this day, totally loyal to the guy.

Instead of being appalled about the guy's behavior, Indiana officials should have been on their knees kissing his butt in thanks for all the revenue and mentions he brought in of their silly school. How much have you heard about the place since he left?

Possibly a bad time to mention this considering....but I just picked up my new Smart Car last Saturday at Performance Auto over in LaVista....I commute around 120 miles a day and gas was killing me (it's down now...but, like the Huskers...just give it time). I've gotten close to 50 mpg so far this week. The centrifical clutch kind of sucks but other than that it seems to be okay (I'm still keeping the BIG truck for when winter comes though). This Smart Car is red...I've already sent in my request to have LILRED put on my plates. The only drawback is there isn't enough room inside to mount my gun rack in the back window...but I was able to get my Confederate flag bumper sticker on!

Bah...everyone hates this kind of behavior from a coach...unless he's winning. Look at Bobby Knight. Guy threw chairs, cussed out refs, choked players...horrible, horrible...except at the same time, he was winning Big 10 and NCAA Championships. I thought it was pretty amusing that his behavior didn't become "unacceptable" till his teams started to lose...

Another thing that is amusing is that no matter how "unacceptable" his behavior was according to the media or the Euroweenie administrators of the university...his players loved him and are, to this day, totally loyal to the guy.

Instead of being appalled about the guy's behavior, Indiana officials should have been on their knees kissing his butt in thanks for all the revenue and mentions he brought in of their silly school. How much have you heard about the place since he left?

Possibly a bad time to mention this considering....but I just picked up my new Smart Car last Saturday at Performance Auto over in LaVista....I commute around 120 miles a day and gas was killing me (it's down now...but, like the Huskers...just give it time). I've gotten close to 50 mpg so far this week. The centrifical clutch kind of sucks but other than that it seems to be okay (I'm still keeping the BIG truck for when winter comes though). This Smart Car is red...I've already sent in my request to have LILRED put on my plates. The only drawback is there isn't enough room inside to mount my gun rack in the back window...but I was able to get my Confederate flag bumper sticker on!

:worship:worship you owe me a coffee and a laptop man, well played. You have me rolling here.

You are right Cy about perception. Stoops can be animated just as bad as Pellini but little is said because of his record. Woody Hayes and Vince Lombardi made Bo look like a choir boy in their day. Bob Devaney was no angel too on the sidelines.

In this day of media and internet overload of information, things like this come to the attention of the masses in a fashion unheard of yrs ago. While his intense sideline demeanor and behavior means little to me, its imparative that Bo sees it does impact those with the "Gee wilikers... this guy is mean" attitudes. For me its a Coach Green attitude.

"We knew what we were getting when we hired him!! You can make him out to be want you want!! We just want winners around here dagummit it!! If it takes hurtin some feelings around here so be it!!"

Too bad this doesn't work anymore in today's politically correct world. Right now you have members of the press that feel their stories are more important than the teams well being. Bo has to aware of this because they can be wolves before this is over. The press can make ya or break ya around here. NU fans can be gullible and take things they hear and read as gospel. So in retrospect... he probably does need to tone it down some. Not for our sake but for the program's sake.

"I will say this is not an undisciplined football team in how it acts on or off the football field," he said.

“To me, that's something very undisciplined and not going to be tolerated on our football team.”

Huh?

As for the Bobby Knight thing, I sure hope it doesn’t come to Bo getting caught on video choking a kid like it did with good ole Bobby.

Like the article says and all the other ones printed today, he knows he has to change because it looks bad towards the University and since they are the ones that are paying him that can’t happen.

I’m glad you enjoy your new car and that it is helping you save money in these tough times. I’m sorry that you aren’t able to place your weapons in it though because everyone should be able to drive around with their guns. I’m sure all of your guns will still fit in your truck though so that is a good thing and the fact that you were able to use your confederate flag bumper is awesome as well. Like I said I’m really happy for your purchase and please accept my condolences on the whole weapons thing. Instead of “lilred” you could have got “hixrulz” :wub: for your plates in honor of the best RB to ever play at ISU, just a suggestion. Nothing but good vibes to you and your car. :thumbs

Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go do a two footed Toyota jump for your purchase. I think it was Toyota. <_<

Take a quick look at Okie State's record since Gundy blew a fuse. Sometimes you have to blow a gasket to get performance.

Oh my.

You really think there is a correlation there?

Idk, it came right off of CSTV college football live. At least one analyst believes it does. Said that the players felt a lot better about their coach and him sticking up for them after that "episode".

Take a quick look at Okie State's record since Gundy blew a fuse. Sometimes you have to blow a gasket to get performance.

Oh my.

You really think there is a correlation there?

Idk, it came right off of CSTV college football live. At least one analyst believes it does. Said that the players felt a lot better about their coach and him sticking up for them after that "episode".

Everyone except Bobby Reid(the kid he was supposedly defending). Hard to say what to make of that, but they have recruited well and have a good, young team to compete with the South heavies now.

I agree that Bo needs to tone it down. There's no need to fly off the handle every time something goes wrong and I would think after a while it loses its effectiveness on the players.

Having said that... he didn't do anything to deserve the negative publicity from ESPN or anyone else.

I agree that Bo needs to tone it down. There's no need to fly off the handle every time something goes wrong and I would think after a while it loses its effectiveness on the players.

Having said that... he didn't do anything to deserve the negative publicity from ESPN or anyone else.

Agree with you there...when he chucks a yard marker out on the field like a big lawn dart, I think it'll then be time to hammer the fella.

"I will say this is not an undisciplined football team in how it acts on or off the football field," he said.

“To me, that's something very undisciplined and not going to be tolerated on our football team.”

Huh?

As for the Bobby Knight thing, I sure hope it doesn’t come to Bo getting caught on video choking a kid like it did with good ole Bobby.

Like the article says and all the other ones printed today, he knows he has to change because it looks bad towards the University and since they are the ones that are paying him that can’t happen.

I’m glad you enjoy your new car and that it is helping you save money in these tough times. I’m sorry that you aren’t able to place your weapons in it though because everyone should be able to drive around with their guns. I’m sure all of your guns will still fit in your truck though so that is a good thing and the fact that you were able to use your confederate flag bumper is awesome as well. Like I said I’m really happy for your purchase and please accept my condolences on the whole weapons thing. Instead of “lilred” you could have got “hixrulz” :wub: for your plates in honor of the best RB to ever play at ISU, just a suggestion. Nothing but good vibes to you and your car. :thumbs

Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go do a two footed Toyota jump for your purchase. I think it was Toyota. <_<

Why thank you! And let me return the platitudes by saying that i sincerely consider you to be the Huskerboard's...nay, the entire internet's, equivilant to the legendary Coach Knight!