Bogus Bad Publicity - Front Page ESPN

GI56

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3682639 is currently linked on the front page of ESPN.

Article seems ridiculous to me overall. I've read that Pelini's constant badgering of officials has to do with defensive substitutions, as he doesn't feel that the Huskers are getting enough time to bring on other players after the offense makes substitutions. If this is the case, it might just be him trying to get used to things working different in the Big XII vs the SEC.

As for grabbing Terrence Moore's facemask, I agree with Pelini- you don't act childish and hit other players.

The article seems over blown to me as there is no good evidence that Pelini's "anger" is hampering the team.

I like the attitude he has brought, but I think his temper is his achilles heal. I think a good leader needs to bring focus at important times. If one cannot control thier anger, that is hard to do. I am all for coaches using the occasional rant as a tool, but they should have control over themself in the end....

I love his fire and determination. but he needs to control it much better.

There is nothing bogus about this. It is a fact and it is being displayed on National TV and repeetedly on the internet. It is not a positive for the University, nor is it a positive for Bo. I am sure we will see far less of it in the future. If not my guess is he will not be long. Nebraska is god fearing center of the country people and most do not approve of his actions. And the main one, and his boss does not I am certain.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3682639 is currently linked on the front page of ESPN.

Article seems ridiculous to me overall. I've read that Pelini's constant badgering of officials has to do with defensive substitutions, as he doesn't feel that the Huskers are getting enough time to bring on other players after the offense makes substitutions. If this is the case, it might just be him trying to get used to things working different in the Big XII vs the SEC.

As for grabbing Terrence Moore's facemask, I agree with Pelini- you don't act childish and hit other players.

The article seems over blown to me as there is no good evidence that Pelini's "anger" is hampering the team.

I do think that Bo's tirades are immature and unprofessional. Many others do too. His use of language is inexcusable and an embarrassment to the university. No educated adult should speak that way at all, much less in a public setting where you are an ambassador of a sort (representing, in this case, the University of Nebraska). The negative publicity is to be expected. I'd expect more to come.

Also, I'd imagine that the refs in the B12 are less than impressed with Bo's antics and the benefit of the doubt on penalties will continue to go to our opposition and our guys will be flagged more often. It is natural, refs will do that if they dislike the coach. Obviously not all refs --- but Bo was not earned much love from the refs. Until Bo changes, expect that NU will be penalized often and that borderline calls will usually go against NU.

And, if you do not think all the penalties against NU have hurt the team than well.... I disagree.

While I agree that his tirades can get out of hand at times, the fact that the headline sits there is just low. This is not the first time ESPN has done this. After Chase Daniels accused us of spitting on him, there were two headlines in the same area, one of which was named "Dirty Huskers?"

ESPN just hates us.

screw that.......i played college ball for one season before injury put me out and let me say that if my coach were acting that way i would love it!!!!! hell it gets me fired up and want to go play some ball just thinking about it.

if you have never played the game of football then you would not understand, the game of football is a game of intensity and the head coach at the university of nebraska is oozing intensity, and i love it.

if the refs are letting that affect their judgment on the field then they should be fired as they are supposed to be calling a fair game and that is BS. by the way on another board i did hear that there was a particular ref that basically said he would throw a bogus flag on NU because of pelinis intensity. that ref and any others like him should be fined or fired. simple as that.

coming from someone that played, and loved to play the game of football, as long as he could keep the intensity up and if anything i would love to see that intensity coming from all of the players on the sidelines.

KNOCK SOMEONES HEAD OFF AND GET BACK UP AND DO IT AGAIN ON THE NEXT PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love his fire and determination. but he needs to control it much better.

There is nothing bogus about this. It is a fact and it is being displayed on National TV and repeetedly on the internet. It is not a positive for the University, nor is it a positive for Bo. I am sure we will see far less of it in the future. If not my guess is he will not be long. Nebraska is god fearing center of the country people and most do not approve of his actions. And the main one, and his boss does not I am certain.

This is just selection bias. If someone made a video selecting all the times in my life I have been over-the-top angry, it would make it appear as though I was crazy mad all the time, even if this wasn't the case. Same thing here- Bo has had a few tirades in the Oklahoma and VATech games, and they were strung together in a video, making it easy to forget all the times when he's just chilling.

Yeah, I work in construction and foremen who are 'screamers' are rarely effective-usually works against them.

Bo is like a modern day Woody Hayes, but he needs to chill some.

I've always thought Stoops has about the right level of intensity.