Bogus Bad Publicity - Front Page ESPN

GI56

And, I'm not so sure ESPN 'hates' us. I just think they are finding a story in what appears to be a changing image of NE w Bo at the helm: i.e. NE as a 'dirty' team w a hotheaded coach.

Controversy SELLS!

Also, if Bo is pissing off the refs such that some are throwing bogus flags against us, that's just the way things tend to work in the world.

He's gotta choose his battles wisely.

f#*k that this is bull sh#t and I for one am insensed that these fu#*$ will write this bull sh#t. f#*k them and the.

OOOPS my anger got the best of me. Bo's I can handle. I am sure he will get a grasp of it and we will see a more controlled Bo but we will not see another TO.

GBR

:laughpound:rollin

Not much different than Bob.D, just more TV coverage now days. Same things that were done in the old days, don't sit as well now days, when the spot light is so much brighter. Bo will figure it out, give him time. Don't care what others out side of the program think, he is a breath of fresh air, after four years of Cal & company.

GBR!!!

I love his fire and determination. but he needs to control it much better.

There is nothing bogus about this. It is a fact and it is being displayed on National TV and repeetedly on the internet. It is not a positive for the University, nor is it a positive for Bo. I am sure we will see far less of it in the future. If not my guess is he will not be long. Nebraska is god fearing center of the country people and most do not approve of his actions. And the main one, and his boss does not I am certain.

This is just selection bias. If someone made a video selecting all the times in my life I have been over-the-top angry, it would make it appear as though I was crazy mad all the time, even if this wasn't the case. Same thing here- Bo has had a few tirades in the Oklahoma and VATech games, and they were strung together in a video, making it easy to forget all the times when he's just chilling.

You do have a good point here. But Bo should not allow any such opportunity --- but I would suggest that while it is true that there is selection bias, Bo makes the selection process rather easy providing a great deal for the selector to work with. This is not good for NU.

I love his fire and determination. but he needs to control it much better.

There is nothing bogus about this. It is a fact and it is being displayed on National TV and repeetedly on the internet. It is not a positive for the University, nor is it a positive for Bo. I am sure we will see far less of it in the future. If not my guess is he will not be long. Nebraska is god fearing center of the country people and most do not approve of his actions. And the main one, and his boss does not I am certain.

This is just selection bias. If someone made a video selecting all the times in my life I have been over-the-top angry, it would make it appear as though I was crazy mad all the time, even if this wasn't the case. Same thing here- Bo has had a few tirades in the Oklahoma and VATech games, and they were strung together in a video, making it easy to forget all the times when he's just chilling.

You do have a good point here. But Bo should not allow any such opportunity --- but I would suggest that while it is true that there is selection bias, Bo makes the selection process rather easy providing a great deal for the selector to work with. This is not good for NU.

yep..... fair or not the idea is in peoples heads.... so it needs to be corrected.

This is a joke. Classic example of our society being sisified. OMG he used a curse word and got angry, oh no, i am going to go cower in the corner. Matt Perrault was trying to stir the pot with this crap last night. I wanted to punch him in the face thru the radio. Bo's intensity is needed to bring these guys out of their shells. So what if he goes on some tirades, dont most psychiatrists say it is better to get things out in the open. I would rather have hime going on a tirade on the sideline than beating his dog. I for one like his sideline antics, atleast i know i am not the only one that can cuss like a sailor over spilled milk.

In other words stop being a bunch of babies.

I like his intensity but he also needs to show more positive reactions. He is the focal point for our program and he needs to act like he is in control. His temper may be an issue with potential recruits and it would be sad to lose a recruit just because the coach can't control his outburst.

Bo agrees he needs to tone it down so I think he is on the right track and TO will help him get it under control.

It is easier for him to learn how to control his emotions that to teach him how to show emotion - think Callahan.

If you ask me and no one did I just think he looks like a complete moron when he does this stuff, but that could just be me? I understand the “fire” and passion stuff but he goes way past that sometimes into “wife beater” anger mode and losses control of his emotions and if you don’t think that has an effect on the players I can’t help you.

I don’t have a problem with him grabbing the facemask to get the kids attention, which is all he did no hitting, twisting or anything he just wanted eye contact. I also don’t have a problem with getting after the officials; however he appears to not be able to move past it and continues for plays. How can he expect the players to move on to the next play when he can’t do it himself?

No matter what any of us think the way he acts on the sidelines with cameras rolling is a direct reflection of how this program is viewed. Is it fair? Some is and some isn’t but that is the reality of the situation. The 17 personal fouls don’t help the cause either. Also you can’t tell me kids that might have been looking at NU may see this stuff and change their minds. (Don’t give me the “we don’t need them then” stuff because the reality is we need all the talent we can get)

He did admit that he has a problem and needs to work on it, which is a good thing. I’m sure he can find a happy medium without losing the “fire” and passion. You can’t tell me his folks and wife didn’t let him have it for how he appeared on TV.

As far as the “sissify” stuff in the world we live in. We can think the granola loving, tree hugging, Birkenstock wearing, Smart car driving, Oprah humping liberals for that and just think the party got bigger last night and will only get worse. Hooray for the USA!

Disclaimer: I was just responding to earlier post, if people want to turn this into a political thread we can start one in another section. Peace and happiness to all.

What a society of namby pamby sissies we have become.

If Bo's tactics weren't working, then why is the team playing so hard, and so ready to come to his defense? Plus, how about the players talking about his calm demeanor when NU was losing to VaTech?

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2008/11 ... 944337.txt

"It also should be noted that I talked to two players — one current Husker and one ex-Husker — who absolutely appreciate Pelini’s sideline demeanor. He fights for his players, NU linebacker Cody Glenn said.

A head coach needs to stay on top of the officials, ex-Husker Ben Eisenhart said."

Sipple has no idea what it is like to coach. He needs to shut up. However, at least he included the above quotes.

I'm sure this is going through every player's mind...

"OMIGOSH! Coach is yelling! And he's yelling obscenities! While we are getting our butts handed to us! I expected him to be happy. I'm transferring to another school! He shouldn't get mad when we play like this!"

My high school coach yelled all the time. We got better.

Sheesh. Deal with it. Mountain outta a molehill.

His family got on him about it...he'll get better...although I don't have a problem with him as it is...