Any new bowl projections

HANC

granted, NU needs to get at least 1 more win, and I am more supersticious (sp) than anyone, so I hate (but love) to talk about bowls. I love bowl games.

On 1620 the zone today (omaha sports radio) the guys mentioned the Sun Bowl, Insight Bowl in Pheonix, and even mentioned that if NU could win out, that the Gator Bowl on New Year's Day was still in the picture. The Gator Bowl could take ND, but if they only have 6 wins and NU has 8, then the Gator bowl may be interested in NU...

Putting the cart way ahead of the horse, but has anyone heard anything else?

Insight Bowl would be awesome, I love Phoenix and Sun Devil Stadium is pretty sweet.

Agreed. I didn't know they moved it to Sun Devil stadium in 2006. When I went to the Bowl game in 2000 it was at Chase Field where the Diamondbacks play.

I think they moved it there when they opened the new stadium and Glendale, where the Fiesta Bowl is now played.

Would love to play the Hawkeyes...kind of a border thing going there...even though the Gophers would be kind of too...almost...within a hundred miles give or take.

Iowa-Nebraska would be a decent matchup on the field (much better for the fans, no doubt).... kind of hard to believe that the Hawkeyes and Huskers have only met SIX times in the past SIXTY years.

Minnesota would be all right. Nebraska needs to catch up some more on the all-time record (20-29-2), even though the Huskers have won the last 14 games!

Keep in mind that the Golden Gophers (under Glen Mason, that is) collapsed in this particular bowl game two years ago. Texas Tech stormed back from a 31-point deficit to win 44-41 in OT!