Why the sweatshirt?

HuskerT

1. The Sweater Vest is actually one of the best, if not the best piece of game day clothing for coach and fan alike. I wear mine with either a red or white polo, or a button down and tie for every game and coaches that wear them (i.e. Tressel) look sophisticated and professional. Sorry folks, you HAVE to dress to impress.

2. On that note, think about how much better the nation as a whole would perceive Nebraska/Pelini if he dressed like he didn't just get out of bed in the morning. Every time I watch a game with my family or any friends its always "What's up with that terrible GRAY sweatshirt?" Pelini taking more pride in his game day appearance = more positive media acknowledgement , its as simple as that.

I agree with #2 completely. I think Bo needs to understand that he's now the Head Coach and not an assistant anymore. I really think that the head coach of a college football team especially a high profile team like NU needs to conduct himself with a certain amount of class and professionalism in both his attire and demeanor on the sideline. He really does look like he rolled out of bed and grabbed the first thing he saw and didn't feel like combing his hair so he threw a hat on. He compounds this by yelling and screaming at everybody on the sidelines. I'm afraid he's starting to gain a reputation that he's not going to be proud of.

1. The Sweater Vest is actually one of the best, if not the best piece of game day clothing for coach and fan alike. I wear mine with either a red or white polo, or a button down and tie for every game and coaches that wear them (i.e. Tressel) look sophisticated and professional. Sorry folks, you HAVE to dress to impress.

2. On that note, think about how much better the nation as a whole would perceive Nebraska/Pelini if he dressed like he didn't just get out of bed in the morning. Every time I watch a game with my family or any friends its always "What's up with that terrible GRAY sweatshirt?" Pelini taking more pride in his game day appearance = more positive media acknowledgement , its as simple as that.

I agree with #2 completely. I think Bo needs to understand that he's now the Head Coach and not an assistant anymore. I really think that the head coach of a college football team especially a high profile team like NU needs to conduct himself with a certain amount of class and professionalism in both his attire and demeanor on the sideline. He really does look like he rolled out of bed and grabbed the first thing he saw and didn't feel like combing his hair so he threw a hat on. He compounds this by yelling and screaming at everybody on the sidelines. I'm afraid he's starting to gain a reputation that he's not going to be proud of.

I'm just glad he doesn't wear a visor

Better to be hated for something you are, rather then be loved for something your not. I would much rather have a coach that stay's true to himself instead of changing to what the National Media and a couple crazy fans think he should be.

This article is so true,

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/article890145.ece

When Husker fans run out of things to complain about they just start creating more.

Dan McCarney used to wear this ugly red jogging suit on the sidelines...whenever he sweated (and believe me...when it was hot, the guy sweated buckets) it made him look like he had a bladder control problem...

I have not got a problem with casual attire on the sideline....

I guess I'm glad he doesn't wear the matching sweatpants.

Ah...but he DID! And on national TV (I can't remember the exact game but I believe it was in that one year when we were competitive...should be easy to find). It was both embarrassing AND hilarious.

Bo knows how to PARTY

gopelini.jpg

its not what I would wear as a coach... but I am sure he has a reason for it... and thats his call. I can tell you this... I like that look better than this one

osborne7.jpg

combine that shirt with that hat(he has it in his hand so you cant see it real well) that looked like he paid 3 dollars for it at pamida.... man was that an ugly outfit. but who cares... he won

Sorry....I'll take the ugly Apex-enforced (Is APEX even around anymore???) shirt that involves a National Championship any day over any other look.

Sorry, the thing that cracks me up most about this thread is that a lot of the "I don't care what he wears" posters are the same ones that pop an artery if anyone discusses wearing (or sees someone wearing) anything but red in the stands and is ready to execute anyone that discusses a b*******.

Yes...you all know who you are...

Dan McCarney used to wear this ugly red jogging suit on the sidelines...whenever he sweated (and believe me...when it was hot, the guy sweated buckets) it made him look like he had a bladder control problem...

I have not got a problem with casual attire on the sideline....

I guess I'm glad he doesn't wear the matching sweatpants.

Ah...but he DID! And on national TV (I can't remember the exact game but I believe it was in that one year when we were competitive...should be easy to find). It was both embarrassing AND hilarious.

Bo knows how to PARTY

gopelini.jpg

OK, this isn't why I started this thread, but now that I see that picture, I don't see much of a difference between what he wears when he's partying and what he wears when he's representing Nebraska football on the sidelines. Obviously none of you think that it's a big deal, but I think it's tacky and unprofessional.

Yep. Because obviously wearing a slick outfit ultimately is the determining factor of why you follow a team...to see if they win. Hasn't worked well for this guy either....

p2_belichick.jpg

He's won three Super Bowls, I think he's earned the right to wear whatever he wants!

...but I really think that the sweatshirt is a little unprofessional...

Geez, why does everything HAVE to be a yuppie, 'professional', polo pony(g@y), golf club(as g@y) kinda thing?! We HAD yuppie w Billy C and everybody hated THAT!

Bo is a man of the people, an unpretentious, blue collar...uh,....millionaire. :cowbell: