Another streak

Since 2002 when all the streak busting started, is this the last real streak we have left? I know some care more about these things then others and some don’t care at all and blame the entire streak busting numbness on Callahan (but as we all know it started before him). I for one would like to keep at least one decent streak alive not just the ones against the doormat teams.

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2008/1...5e981761713.txt

sellouts? and actually, i blame it on cally, and i think deservingly so.. he even tries to incorporate our talent into the offense the win another game, bowl game there we go... etc.... can't force your system upon players... ie NU in Cally's 1st year, Michigan this year, you get the point... but you say "not just the ones against doormats" well, almost all our wins vs KU came with them as a doormat....

sellouts? and actually, i blame it on cally, and i think deservingly so.. he even tries to incorporate our talent into the offense the win another game, bowl game there we go... etc.... can't force your system upon players... ie NU in Cally's 1st year, Michigan this year, you get the point... but you say "not just the ones against doormats" well, almost all our wins vs KU came with them as a doormat....

So does this mean since the streak busting started in 2002 and continued into 2003 that they are all Callahans fault? Or are you saying the numbness people have to another possible streak going by the way side is Callahan's fault even though the previous staff(s) killed a few themselves?

KU now isn't a doormat, ISU = Doormat.

Maybe I should have pointed that out.

So does this mean since the streak busting started in 2002 and continued into 2003 that they are all Callahans fault? Or are you saying the numbness people have to another possible streak going by the way side is Callahan's fault even though the previous staff(s) killed a few themselves?

I know you love Zac Taylor, and I hope you heard the interview with Joe Ganz that's been running on 1620's "meet the Huskers,"

but I have to ask...why are you a Bill Callahan apologist?

I know you love Zac Taylor, and I hope you heard the interview with Joe Ganz that's been running on 1620's "meet the Huskers,"

but I have to ask...why are you a Bill Callahan apologist?

You really think he's a Bill Callahan apologist? You really don't understand the point he's trying to make?

The point he's trying to make is that a lot of this garbage started before Callahan even stepped foot in Nebraska, but somehow people blame him for everything. I don't think you'll get much of an argument that Callahan wasn't a great college coach and needed to go, but that doesn't mean he becomes the beating horse for all bad things Nebraska in the last 6-7 years.

That's the point as I understand it.

For as much stock as Husker fans held in streaks during the Callahan era, they sure don't give a damn any more. I, for one, never really cared. The only reason people keep track of streaks is so they can say how long they get before they are broken.

You really think he's a Bill Callahan apologist?

To some extent...although I don't know him well enough...

You really don't understand the point he's trying to make?

Probably not...I've been drinking.

The point he's trying to make is that a lot of this garbage started before Callahan even stepped foot in Nebraska, but somehow people blame him for everything. I don't think you'll get much of an argument that Callahan wasn't a great college coach and needed to go, but that doesn't mean he becomes the beating horse for all bad things Nebraska in the last 6-7 years.

You'll get no argument from me there, and I wouldn't (and don't think you are) blame Frank Solich for that. The landscape in college football has changed drastically over the past few years.

That's the point as I understand it.

For as much stock as Husker fans held in streaks during the Callahan era, they sure don't give a damn any more. I, for one, never really cared. The only reason people keep track of streaks is so they can say how long they get before they are broken.

I, for another, tend not to care either...I think people do put some cuddly stock in the streaks. When they're bragging up Nebraska football to someone from outside the circle, it's their fodder for backing up the team. "And they've been to 35-straight bowls games, and the have the most Academic All-Americans in the County, and they piss Excellence!"

*grabs another beer.