Lack of Respect

'Boomer Sooner' is w/o a doubt the goofiest, most irritating theme. I don't mind the USC tune, they just play it too much.

And why do the Domers drum majors wear kilts? I thought that was just a Scottish thing. :dumdum

it's make it easier for them when they want to reach for their 'lucky charms'.

And y would they wanna do that at a fb game, hmm? :nanalama

Also what was the deal with their band playing to simulate crowd noise when NU was backed up in the south end zone? The NU band never does that DURING a play. I thought it was kinda jv, but whatever.

Actually I thought that is against the rules, something about artificial noise being made.

Doesn't our drumline play something during kickoffs when the ball is in the air?

I noticed the KU band playing in competition too during the game with our band but when I took notice it always seemed to be when they had gained a first down.

I'm glad they weren't here two years ago as the wifey and I sat in the west stadium in the KU section. Having them in front of us would driven me to the student section and drinking and standing the whole game!

'Boomer Sooner' is w/o a doubt the goofiest, most irritating theme. I don't mind the USC tune, they just play it too much.

And why do the Domers drum majors wear kilts? I thought that was just a Scottish thing. :dumdum

Try sitting through a Tennessee game and hearing "Rocky Top" about elevnty bizillion times. You'd change your mind quickly...

Try sitting through a Tennessee game and hearing "Rocky Top" about elevnty bizillion times. You'd change your mind quickly...

Don't you mean eleventy bazillion times?

(Reminds me of when Granny asked Jethro what comes after eleventy eleven on TV-land's Beverly Hillbillies commercials)...((Eleventy-twelve)).

I remember Tom's first 7 seasons when we couldn't Buy a TD in the 4th quarter against OU and the Sooners would come from behind and beat us..The constant playing of that song after every play in the final two or three OU drives...That song would haunt my nightmares for years.

And a month or so later in the Bowl game..I'd think, "If our opponent's band found out and would start playing "Boomer Sooner" in the fourth quarter...Our team would probably panic and we'd choke. :madash

Googled the Lyrics...

Who knew ther were more than two words?

Oklahoma

"Boomer Sooner"

Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner,

Boomer Sooner, O-K-U!

Oklahoma, Oklahoma,

Oklahoma, Oklahoma,

Oklahoma, Oklahoma,

Oklahoma, O-K-U!

I'm a Sooner born

And a Sooner bred,

And when I die

I'll be Sooner dead.

Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma!

Rah, Oklahoma! O-K-U!

Try sitting through a Tennessee game and hearing "Rocky Top" about elevnty bizillion times. You'd change your mind...

'Rocky Bottom'? :rollin

'...I'm a Sooner born. I'm a Sooner IN-bred.' There, mo' betta now.

Hmm, my muse tells me a new gangsta version of NE's scarlet and cream thing is on the tip of my lips but not sure if pruddish HB bloggers could handle it... :)

Give!

The prudes can always check it out behind the woodshead if you're too shy.

'...I'm a Sooner born. I'm a Sooner IN-bred.' There, mo' betta now.

Hmm, my muse tells me a new gangsta version of NE's scarlet and cream thing is on the tip of my lips but not sure if pruddish HB bloggers could handle it... :)

Give!

The prudes can always check it out behind the woodshead if you're too shy.

K, will do 2morrow. May include 'be-otches/hos'.. :yeah

i agree that the KU band playing over the top of ours is classless...

now on the other hand with why they played at halftime...

i do not know for sure WHY they did, but i do know that it is something that happens sometimes... my roomate last year is on the drumline, and they take one trip to an away game as a whole band (well thats how he said it, idk if it was just last year or not). But, last year if you were at the Mizzou game you woulda seen the Cornhusker Marching Band playing at halftime also. Just one of those things schools agree on i guess.