Landmark triumph for Pelini

We need to win out.... Period...

Yeah, if we aren't 8-4 going into a bowl, I am going to be really disappointed at this point. If we lose to KSU, that will really suck bigtime...we are so much better than they are, even when we only played half the game. If we lose to CU, still be disappointed, but I know that game always brings a lot of emotion for both teams, don't matter if one team is having a great season, and the other is down, you never know who is going to win.

Well, as 1 of the 'old' guys, I can say that the game brought up some confusing feelings. First, there was this old, familiar feeling like back in the day when we were a perennial top 10 powerhouse playing a similar team for all the marbles: say, a typical 70's game vs OU. Then there was the 'oh, it's JUST KU, we always beat them' feeling...

Anyway, I MISS being a powerhouse! <_<

I would say it was just a simple "revenge win" to show KU that they were not the pushover like last year. I saw some good things and some bad things. Still turning the ball over and the secondary continues to let guys behind them :bang You could tell there was a lot of fire and actually getting to have some fun out there, but I would say Bo's landmark win will come over a top 10 team.

for pelini it absolutely is a landmark win.

Exactly. Most of the above posters were missing the point that, For Pelini, it was a landmark win. Not for the program. That isn't to say there won't be more landmark wins but this certainly fit the bill.

If he would gauge this win as a "Landmark" it looks to me like his sight aren't that high. If beating KU is the beginning of his hopeful career at NU we might be in trouble. :sarcasm Really this is a moot issue, we won and lets win out!! :horns2

Exactly. Most of the above posters were missing the point that, For Pelini, it was a landmark win. Not for the program. That isn't to say there won't be more landmark wins but this certainly fit the bill.

:yeah By landmark victory, he is just saying it marks a stage of development for the team. They were the only "good team" (non cellar dwelling BCS) we had beaten. You could also say that (landmark) about W. Michigan since we hadn't played anyone before that game. Mich St. doesn't count.

Hey this was a pretty big win. I'm HELLA EXCITED.

I don't know about you guys but when this season started and up to the game last week, I figured Kansas was a sure loss. It would have been a respectable first season to just win the games we were supposed to, and defending Orange Bowl team is not a game we're supposed to win.

But we did. How's 8-4 look to you guys? It looks freaking sweet to me.

(Of course we'll have to take care of the not losing to teams we're not supposed to lose to part...hold your breath)

I wouldn't call it landmark win. It proves Bo is heading in the right direction. The Team is now going to a Bowl which is important. Bo proved he can get his team to bounce back after a crushing defeat.

Add in playing V-Tech and T-Tech to the wire and it shows a ton of improvement over last season.

I think the Team is getting better, players are developing skills. Maybe not as fast as we would like as fans but the steady improvement is there.

What I think is lacking is consistance. This Team when on can play with anyone but until they can play at or near their best for 4 quarters week in and week out against Quality Teams, the order will not be restored.

It was a landmark win for Bo. A big win for Husker fans. Now we can play around about which bowl game we are going to. I was hoping for the Insight, but now I'm hoping for a bigger bowl against a tougher opponent. Two more to go first, but now its in the teams hands how far up the bowl ladder they climb.

GBR!!!

Not necessarily IMO. If we had beat VaTech, that game would have been the "landmark" win. Had we beat TTU, it would have been the "landmark" win. Same with Oklahoma or Mizzou. The only reason this game has been classified a "landmark" win is because KU went to the Orange Bowl last year. This years KU team is nothing like last years team. Had we lost to Kansas, would KSU or Colorado (or even one of our Non-Con games) been classified as a "landmark" win? IMO, a landmark win is a win over a dominate team such as TTU or Texas or Oklahoma or Mizzou or VaTech, etc. This was a great win for Pelini in terms of beating a team that just appeared in a BCS bowl last year, that fought hard on the road and forced the Huskers to pull out all the tricks.