Fulmers Recruits

JHaWk

Do you think NU or some other Big 12 teams could pick some of them up (if any are left?)

It's possible, but it depends on which position coaches may stay there. We are working on Giles right now and trying to get him back here.

Not sure how many are looking at Big 12 teams. Of those that have decommitted, I think only Giles is looking at Nebraska.

D.J. Swearinger decommitted but will probably stay in the southeast (ESPN):

D.J. Swearinger no longer a Vol pledge

Considered No. 13 among Class of 2009 safeties, D.J. Swearinger is decommiting from Tennessee and reopening his recruiting following coach Phillip Fulmer's departure after the season.

The 5-foot-11, 190-pound prospect from Greenwood, S.C., had picked the Vols over North Carolina and South Carolina. He now favors the Gamecocks, but will also consider the Vols, among others.

Swearinger also holds offers from Michigan, Maryland, North Carolina State, Illinois, Duke, Auburn, Wake Forest and Vanderbilt.

Antonio Foster went to Georgia Tech almost immediately (ESPN):

Fulmer fallout; Foster jumps to Yellow Jackets

Offensive tackle Antonio Foster has decommitted from Tennessee and is now pledged to Georgia Tech, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

The news comes as no surprise, as the Volunteers narrowly topped the Jackets for Foster in July.

The Valdosta, Ga. native is also holding scholarship offers from South Carolina and South Florida.

Not sure who else is looking around.

Do you think NU or some other Big 12 teams could pick some of them up (if any are left?)

It's possible, but it depends on which position coaches may stay there. We are working on Giles right now and trying to get him back here.

I think most of those kids will try to stay in the SEC, especially since a majority of their commits live in the South East part of the country.

I think most of those kids will try to stay in the SEC, especially since a majority of their commits live in the South East part of the country.

That's what I was thinking also. I think the only way to pick up some of these recruits is if we had already been recruiting them and showed interest before.

Another one bites the dust (ESPN):

LSU takes Dominique Allen from Vols

Running back Dominique Allen has switched his Class of 2009 pledge from Tennessee to the LSU Tigers.

From Henry County (Paris Tenn.), Allen also considered interest from Georgia Tech and Florida. The 235-pound prospect rushed for 1,616 yards and 31 touchdowns as a junior.

Allen is the fourth decommitment for Tennessee since it was announced that head coach Phillip Fulmer would leave at the end of the season. Running back Jarvis Giles (Tampa, Fla/Gaither), offensive lineman Antonio Foster (Valdosta, Ga.), and defensive back D.J. Swearinger (Greenwood, S.C.), have also withdrawn their pledges to the Vols.

• 4 weeks later...