Mitch Sherman on the students

np_husker

Too bad you guys don't have great student fans like...say....Iowa State. Our teams suck year in and year out yet the seats at Jack Trice are full of screaming fans weekend after weekend...heck...most of them are so drunk by game time the vast majority don't even realize they are at a footb.....

Never mind.... <_<

Clone games r just an excuse to have a big PAR-TAY! :w00t:wasted

This has gotten way out of hand, and they are all blowing it way out of proportion.

What Sherman doesn't realize is that we can sell our ticket, however to have someone who isn't a student use it, we need to be present with that person in order to validate it...meaning the non-student has to pay extra in order to use that ticket without a student ID. Which is a big pain in the ass if you aren't going to be in town during the game.

Uhh... no... you dont...

Students who want to validate their own ticket can do so any time the week of the game – and are strongly encouraged to get the validation as early as possible. If anyone other than a full-time student uses a non-validated student ticket, it can only be validated on game-day with a cash-only payment. Validated tickets will be marked as validated with a sticker created for this game.

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB...2&SPSID=419

Like I said in one of the other threads about this...

No excuses, play like a champion.

I don't think the going home for the holidays is a very good excuse. The first 20 years of my life I lived in Oklahoma and every other year when we played CU in Lincoln we would have our Thanksgiving in Nebraska so we could go to the game. This year I am attending college in Nebraska (not UNL) and will still be going to the CU game. I can go home for Christmas break..

This has gotten way out of hand, and they are all blowing it way out of proportion.

What Sherman doesn't realize is that we can sell our ticket, however to have someone who isn't a student use it, we need to be present with that person in order to validate it...meaning the non-student has to pay extra in order to use that ticket without a student ID. Which is a big pain in the ass if you aren't going to be in town during the game.

And to judge based on the Colorado game is ridiculous...its Thanksgiving! Lots of kids will be gone, and it happens year in and year out that time. I've sold my ticket, but I'm sure a lot haven't, or won't.

I realize how lucky I am to go to the games, and I appreciate every second of it.

I am both sad and amazed. But I think more sad.

Please tell me there are some students out there that "get it".

And to judge based on the Colorado game is ridiculous...its Thanksgiving! Lots of kids will be gone, and it happens year in and year out that time. I've sold my ticket, but I'm sure a lot haven't, or won't.

I realize how lucky I am to go to the games, and I appreciate every second of it.

I am both sad and amazed. But I think more sad.

Please tell me there are some students out there that "get it".

I get it, I went to LSU my freshman year, and I've been at Memorial every f'ing game since I've been a student here at UNL...only left early once, and that was this year against Mizzou. And I sold my ticket so there won't be an "empty seat" Is that not good enough for y'all?

Some of y'all just always need something to bitch and moan about

Bottom line is this: Someone owns the ticket...it should be their responsibility to make sure someone is going to have their butt in the proximity of the seat on game day. To not do that, leaving the ticket unused, is totally stupid, and if they had any way of tracking that ticket to said student and it never made it to the gate, then they should deny him/her any future tickets in the student section. It shouldn't be THAT hard to do something like that, should it? They could always put one of they techies on this problem and get it figured out.

I don't think the going home for the holidays is a very good excuse. The first 20 years of my life I lived in Oklahoma and every other year when we played CU in Lincoln we would have our Thanksgiving in Nebraska so we could go to the game. This year I am attending college in Nebraska (not UNL) and will still be going to the CU game. I can go home for Christmas break..

I'm not sure if you realize, but the students are kicked out of the dorms during thanksgiving break...but many of them dont take the time to sell their tickets and arent going to drive back to lincoln for the game while on break...

I'm not sure if you realize, but the students are kicked out of the dorms during thanksgiving break...but many of them dont take the time to sell their tickets and arent going to drive back to lincoln for the game while on break...

What are they rich kids or what? Most students I know aren't rich by any means...so that only leaves one conclusion, which leaves me scratching my head because they had to of had high enough scores to get into the University...but here it is....Are they stupid? All of them have access to a computer, it isn't that damn hard to sell your tickets if you know your not going to use them. Going home for the holiday IS NOT a last minute decision, especially if your getting booted out of the dorm your living in.

So, there is NO viable excuse, unless you or a family member is in the hospital at the last minute. I probably would even check myself out if I was able - if I had a ticket - especially for the CU game the day after Thanksgiving.

I am tired of hearing the students whine and put up silly excuses for not showing up. IMHO if they are going to leave the seats empty, the University should sell them as season tickets to people that will show up. The students just don't get it...those tickets are hard enough to come by, as they will probably find out after they graduate, and they are getting a pretty good break on them. There are no bad seats at Memorial Stadium...so just shut up and be glad your getting an opportunity to see the games.

I didn't realize that. Since that is the case I can see why some that lived farther away wouldn't drive back but there still has to be plenty of students that live close enough to drive back.

What are they rich kids or what? Most students I know aren't rich by any means...so that only leaves one conclusion, which leaves me scratching my head because they had to of had high enough scores to get into the University...but here it is....Are they stupid? All of them have access to a computer, it isn't that damn hard to sell your tickets if you know your not going to use them. Going home for the holiday IS NOT a last minute decision, especially if your getting booted out of the dorm your living in.

So, there is NO viable excuse, unless you or a family member is in the hospital at the last minute. I probably would even check myself out if I was able - if I had a ticket - especially for the CU game the day after Thanksgiving.

I am tired of hearing the students whine and put up silly excuses for not showing up. IMHO if they are going to leave the seats empty, the University should sell them as season tickets to people that will show up. The students just don't get it...those tickets are hard enough to come by, as they will probably find out after they graduate, and they are getting a pretty good break on them. There are no bad seats at Memorial Stadium...so just shut up and be glad your getting an opportunity to see the games.

I'm not getting the hostility towards the students. 15 years ago when I was a student at UNL, things really weren't any different than they are now. It sounds logical to sell your tickets if you're not going, but back then nobody was really willing to pay much for tickets for the nonconference games because they didn't want to watch a slaughter. Yeah, I was there during the glory years. Yeah, there were always a lot of empty seats especially after halftime. The only game I even remember staying until it was over was the Wyoming game in 94' because it was a nailbighter. Heck, there were games my roommates and I didn't even make it to the game because we were in no shape to get there. The very first game I ever went to in my life was back in the 80's. I think that game still holds the record for amount of snowfall. We had seats up in the nosebleed section. After the first quarter, we were able to move all the way down to row 2 because that many people had left the game. Without the students, there wouldn't be a University. Without the University, there wouldn't be NU football. Everyone needs to just lay off.