Gator Bowl interested in Huskers for bowl game

Dont fret Jayhawk. Just letting off some steam from the BS system that is in place. The NCAA and Bowl commitees pretend like the BCS rankings are the greatest tool, then they allow the bowls to ignore rankings and place of finish in a conference in order to satisfy god knows what. My money is as good as your money which is as good as husker fans money and so on. And they whole 'student' arguement is just idiotic. Every other sport travels 5 or 6 times as much as football and do so during the school week.

Just give me playoffs you greedy ol' bags!!!

Which would be a crock of Sh*t. The Orange Bowl was a big rip and they paid for it with over 10,000 unsold tickets. The Cotton Bowl on the other hand sold out in one hour, fastest in the history of the game. MU fans will travel, they have $$ and we are tired off being sh*t on by a bunch of old bags! :w00t

I'm even nice enough not to bring up what Mu has done to the other North teams. If they get jumped again, I swear to God I will hunt me down some old rich white guys and kick um square in the balls :nutz

I understand where you're coming from, but it would be hard to argue the MU fans travel as well as NU fans. That's not to say that MU fans don't travel, I encounter them alot at work on their way back from games. But, as a whole, NU fans are probably among the best in following their team to games. For right or wrong, from a monetary perspective, in some ways it would make sense.

Dont fret Jayhawk. Just letting off some steam from the BS system that is in place. The NCAA and Bowl commitees pretend like the BCS rankings are the greatest tool, then they allow the bowls to ignore rankings and place of finish in a conference in order to satisfy god knows what. My money is as good as your money which is as good as husker fans money and so on. And they whole 'student' arguement is just idiotic. Every other sport travels 5 or 6 times as much as football and do so during the school week.

Just give me playoffs you greedy ol' bags!!!

When asked, the NCAA/BCS guys, whoever they are, will tell you that the primary goal is to get #1 vs. #2. Secondarily they provided a way for a Boise or a #3 or #4 non-conference winner to get into a BCS bowl. Other than requiring a bowl team to not have a losing record, they don't even claim to get into bowl assignments.

Greedy ol' bags are exactly the ones picking the bowls....greedy people pick teams they think will bring in the most money. Missouri money may be as good as Nebraska money, but if they take NU over MU, they don't think they'd see as much of that good money from Missouri fans.

I want playoffs too, but unless Missouri wins the conference (which puts them in the Fiesta automatically), they wouldn't be in a playoff game.

my arguement wasnt for MU being in a playoff this year. It was just against the current system. As much as the Gator might like NU money more than MU money, THey like ND money the best. And that is stupid. Ticket sales will be the same and I believe people will watch a good game not a good name.

The BCS bowls are a joke most of the time. Although I agree those outside the 'big 6' should not be left out. Who in their right mind thinks some of the teams up there now, Utah, BYU,Boise & Ball State are really better than LSU, Oklahoma St, Florida, MU, Georgia & USC. ONLY the top 14 in the BCS rankings qualify. So why limit it to two teams per conference? I thought it was for the best teams. The Big 12 has 5 of those 14 teams, the SEC 3. Why does a #21 Pitt, #20 FSU or #16 North Carolina get a BCS bid while either Texas, TT or Oklahoma don't. THAT is my main issue. They build this system as the way to get the best teams, but your starting point in preseason determines where you end as much as anything else. That doesnt make you the best team. And then when they get their rankings, they only follow them for one game. Truth is most years you would be more likely to see Georgia/Hawaii instead of Boise/Oklahoma.

I am a D-II guy. The playoffs are awsome. The regular season still counts for everything, if you dont win you dont get in. I am not sure how they could slot the system in D-I. Conference winners then fill in with the tops from the BCS I suppose. Nobody will truely be happy. But if I get the chance to see BYU prove they are better than USC that is what matters to me. Good teams will move on and you will in most cases end up with the best two.

Think of all the storylines of a NU v Miami game. 25 years later.

Just wait until 2014/15 then . . . :)

Edit: I don't wanna go to the Holiday Bowl . . . we'd probably have to play USC in the Holiday Bowl . . .

If USC doesn't get an at-large bid if OSU wins out, hell freezes over. I'd love it, but its not happening.

No way an 11-1 USC team doesnt get an at large bid, even if they dont win their conference. Personally, I'd love for Oregon State to win the Pac 10 so Ohio State has to settle for a mid major bowl

I agree with you but the way the Utah, Boise State, and Ball State are ranked there only might be one at large bid left and who knows who they would give it to, USC or a Big 12 South school

I agree with you but the way the Utah, Boise State, and Ball State are ranked there only might be one at large bid left and who knows who they would give it to, USC or a Big 12 South school

Only the top non-BCS school has to get a bid if it is ranked high enough. Ball State isn't even eligible at #17 right now, though playing CMU, WMU, and the conf CG will help them--IF they make it through those games untouched. I don't think they will. And I don't think at 13 or 14 they'll get a 3rd spot.

There will be pressure to take both Utah and Boise St if they stay unbeaten, and I think they will, but only one is a lock.

See the FAQ at collegebcs.com.

As much as I would like to go to Jacksonville or back to San Antonio..........but I am (in my mind only) 90% sure NU is headed to El Paso..... I think with TO being inducted, it will turn out to be a nice situation...hopefully we play Arizona or a pac 10 school that we can run with....

Just hope my buddy and I find a way to stay out of a "mexican prison".... I have watched too much tv